LI Bus: Condition CRITICAL

PinePower

there is no way they will be able to do that cause the only rtes that are NOT crushloaded are the N80/81 N50 N51 the buses in the eastern part Those buses already are shittly those cut off early already. They will NEVER REDUCE THE N6. Nor will they mess with N22/24 which are err crushloaded at night!!!!!!!!!! N27 plz if the bus was full it's untouchable. The worst that can happen is it merges with N51 and loses hempstead. Nothing can make suffolk transit look good ever!!!!!!!!!! ONLY DUTCHESS LOOP can do that. Heck Oceanride in NJ makes dutchess look awesome. PPL will never use LIB more unless the system is COMPLETELY OVERHAULED!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the map buddy and look at traffic maps in nassau the bus network is broken and ignores too many ppl. A system that serves less than half of its ppl is ALREADY A FAILURE. Suffolk transit just needs to straighten some of its rtes reroute some extend others then watch the ridership skyrocket. I will send an enhanced LIB proposal to veolia soon you will see what LIB really shoul look like fools.

Time to nominate QJ to become the head of Long Island Bus..:tup:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, these are the kind of people that vote in Nassau County.;)

Only 3-4 bus routes that get more than 2 ppl? Can you say uneducated..yokel?

Here's the facts. And I ride LIB almost every day. The following routes routinely run with standing loads: N4,N6,N15,N20,N21,N22,N24,N32,N35,N40,N41,N70,N71,N72

These routes run at least half full most of the times: N16,N19,N23,N25,N26,N27,N33,N43,N54,N55,N57,N58,N78,N79

The only "empty" routes Lil Mis Yokel Fox is talking about are the N73,N74,N80,N81,N50,N51, and N45

Its why I do my videos to SHOW most LIB routes are not rolling around empty. But if you hang out in Merrick, Bethpage, and Wantagh all the time that's all you see, and that's where most of the politcial leadership in this county comes from...:confused:

Sorry if I am coming off angry moreso than usual with the language, but I've really had it up to HERE with the ignorance in this county.:mad:

I dunno. Those buses seemed pretty empty by my standards. I'm not doubting that that they occasionally do get crowded to the point where they're flagging people (and nothing sucks more than waiting 30 minutes for another bus), but I don't see the big deal about having standing loads, except for maybe seniors.

I dunno. Those buses seemed pretty empty by my standards. I'm not doubting that that they occasionally do get crowded to the point where they're flagging people (and nothing sucks more than waiting 30 minutes for another bus), but I don't see the big deal about having standing loads, except for maybe seniors.

lol...

I will agree w/ bluefoxie on one thing....

Nassau could benefit from having bus-to-rail type of services....

The following routes routinely run with standing loads: N4,N6,N15,N20,N21,N22,N24,N32,N35,N40,N41,N70,N71,N72

These routes run at least half full most of the times: N16,N19,N23,N25,N26,N27,N33,N43,N54,N55,N57,N58,N78,N79

The more crowded routes that enter Queens, pales in comparison to the heav(ier) routes that never leave the county..... You should have 3 lists instead of 2 to make your point more plausible.... You'd be a fool to put the N4 in the same category as the N70....

For example, the N70/N71/N72 by themselves aren't a big draw like say, the N40 & the N41...

Collectively though, Hempstead tpke does see more riders than the Freeport-Mineola routes

As for the second list....

moderate ridership, yes.... half full most the time though, is an exaggeration.....

Suffolk transit just needs to straighten some of its rtes reroute some extend others then watch the ridership skyrocket.

Totally Disagree.

The reason SCT gets the ridership it does now is b/c it deviates off a straight path to serve malls, schools, county offices, RR stations, etc.... SCT doesn't have the buses enough to extend too many routes too far out...

SCT's problem has always been that service ends too early....

Suffolk transit just needs to straighten some of its rtes reroute some extend others then watch the ridership skyrocket.

Totally Disagree.

The reason SCT gets the ridership it does now is b/c it deviates off a straight path to serve malls, schools, county offices, RR stations, etc.... SCT doesn't have the buses enough to extend too many routes too far out...

SCT's problem has always been that service ends too early....

LMAO @qjtransitmaster... Long Island is very much like Staten Island. You could increase service all you want and some folks still wouldn't ride a bus out there. They have a serious public transportation stigma out there even more so than on Staten Island and wouldn't be caught dead on anything outside of the LIRR. Then again many parts appear to be more suburban than parts of Staten Island. Of course the youth that don't have mommy and daddy buying them a fancy BMW or whatever use the buses and the poor folks have no choice but to use them, but I don't see hoards of upper middle class folks suddenly running to take the local buses out there. Hell even I wouldn't use them. I've been to a few places on Long Island for networking events or to meet potential clients and I always jump in car service immediately after getting off of the LIRR.

See, these are the kind of people that vote in Nassau County.;)

Only 3-4 bus routes that get more than 2 ppl? Can you say uneducated..yokel?

Here's the facts. And I ride LIB almost every day. The following routes routinely run with standing loads: N4,N6,N15,N20,N21,N22,N24,N32,N35,N40,N41,N70,N71,N72

The only "empty" routes Lil Mis Yokel Fox is talking about are the N73,N74,N80,N81,N50,N51, and N45

Its why I do my videos to SHOW most LIB routes are not rolling around empty. But if you hang out in Merrick, Bethpage, and Wantagh all the time that's all you see, and that's where most of the politcial leadership in this county comes from...:confused:

Sorry if I am coming off angry moreso than usual with the language, but I've really had it up to HERE with the ignorance in this county.:mad:

oh please, the 57 and 58 I've seen before when I go to Great Neck, there's not that many people in there. Once you get out to eastern Nassau those other routes get hardly any people in them that you mention. and yes, I voted for Mangano and I would do it again. Its not ignorance, its managing the county's limited financial resources on whats going to benefit the most amount of people. Face it, Nassau is car country and your videos ranting about how you feel the bus sucks isnt going to change that. If you need a bus to get around, move to NYC! This is the Suburbs, not the city.

oh please, the 57 and 58 I've seen before when I go to Great Neck, there's not that many people in there. Once you get out to eastern Nassau those other routes get hardly any people in them that you mention. and yes, I voted for Mangano and I would do it again. Its not ignorance, its managing the county's limited financial resources on whats going to benefit the most amount of people. Face it, Nassau is car country and your videos ranting about how you feel the bus sucks isnt going to change that. If you need a bus to get around, move to NYC! This is the Suburbs, not the city.

LOL... I was so expecting that...

LMAO @qjtransitmaster... Long Island is very much like Staten Island. You could increase service all you want and some folks still wouldn't ride a bus out there. They have a serious public transportation stigma out there even more so than on Staten Island and wouldn't be caught dead on anything outside of the LIRR. Then again many parts appear to be more suburban than parts of Staten Island. Of course the youth that don't have mommy and daddy buying them a fancy BMW or whatever use the buses and the poor folks have no choice but to use them, but I don't see hoards of upper middle class folks suddenly running to take the local buses out there. Hell even I wouldn't use them. I've been to a few places on Long Island for networking events or to meet potential clients and I always jump in car service immediately after getting off of the LIRR.

word.... no amount of extensions will make ridership skyrocket in any suburb... I don't care if we're talkin about LIB, SCT, BeeLine, TOR, Dutchess county, NJT, etc etc.....

- LIB I will never step foot on again.... haven't been on any LIB route in almost, if not one full year already..... whenever they started getting the new(er) buses they do have out there.... They supply more service where it's not warranted (quite a bit of those eastern Nassau routes come to mind).... Not even in the boroughs do the MTA actually do that garbage.... I can't name one area in the boroughs that's overserved, where residents aren't even takin the damned things....

People fighting to get on N20's & N24's, but you got buses running every 1/2 hour on the N73/74.... doesn't make an ounce of sense....

^^ (so you can relate, that's like takin away service from the S53 & the S46, and having S55/56's run every 15 mins)

- SCT I don't mind taking... the buses are far more timely than LIB, and they actually care about serving the few. amt. of ppl that they do (few, in comparison to Suffolk's total population, that is)....

- Bee Line is like a grossly enhanced version of SCT... Bee Line is, what LIB should be.... Even w/o the intra-county routes, Bee Line would still do well.... Funny thing about that is, there are more snobs in Westchester than there are in Nassau or Suffolk.....

Far as taxi's go.....

I don't take taxi's in suburban areas, for the simple fact that they have a tendency to price gouge like mad (they're good at telling whether you're an out-of-towner or not).... it's no different to how the yellow cabs here in the city try to get over on tourists....

FWIW, There's no way on earth you can convince me that $15 bucks is justified to get from Deer Park Tanger to LIRR Deer Park..... or my personal favorite, 22 bucks to get from MNRR Peekskill to cortlandt town center...

Nassau pays the second highest property taxes in the nation; Westchester beats them out, but something persuades Levy and Astorino (execs for Suffolk and WC respectively) to pay the $30,000,000+ for their bus systems. SCT would be great if their headways weren't enough for me to go to a restaurant, order a full meal, and come out and still have to wait another 10 minutes for a bus.

Yet I take the N16 and 43 through what people consider the poorest towns in Nassau and plenty of people drive...

word.... no amount of extensions will make ridership skyrocket in any suburb... I don't care if we're talkin about LIB, SCT, BeeLine, TOR, Dutchess county, NJT, etc etc.....

- LIB I will never step foot on again.... haven't been on any LIB route in almost, if not one full year already..... whenever they started getting the new(er) buses they do have out there.... They supply more service where it's not warranted (quite a bit of those eastern Nassau routes come to mind).... Not even in the boroughs do the MTA actually do that garbage.... I can't name one area in the boroughs that's overserved, where residents aren't even takin the damned things....

People fighting to get on N20's & N24's, but you got buses running every 1/2 hour on the N73/74.... doesn't make an ounce of sense....

^^ (so you can relate, that's like takin away service from the S53 & the S46, and having S55/56's run every 15 mins)

- SCT I don't mind taking... the buses are far more timely than LIB, and they actually care about serving the few. amt. of ppl that they do (few, in comparison to Suffolk's total population, that is)....

- Bee Line is like a grossly enhanced version of SCT... Bee Line is, what LIB should be.... Even w/o the intra-county routes, Bee Line would still do well.... Funny thing about that is, there are more snobs in Westchester than there are in Nassau or Suffolk.....

Far as taxi's go.....

I don't take taxi's in suburban areas, for the simple fact that they have a tendency to price gouge like mad (they're good at telling whether you're an out-of-towner or not).... it's no different to how the yellow cabs here in the city try to get over on tourists....

FWIW, There's no way on earth you can convince me that $15 bucks is justified to get from Deer Park Tanger to LIRR Deer Park..... or my personal favorite, 22 bucks to get from MNRR Peekskill to cortlandt town center...

I know ridership won't skyrocket but it will increase. Which will lead to eventual adjustments in service. Not dissagreeing with you at all but most LIB lines are NOT compatible with the travel patterns of LI folk. My plan actually consolidates rtes and rearranges buses to be more efficient and use trip generators to manipulate ridership. But the way its set up only the eastern rtes are weak but with my plan N74/73 ridership and N50 ridership can increase but how much is unknown hence why it doesn't hurt to try things out. here is a sample N50 rerouted to go to centennial ave en rte to long beach via long beach rd eliminating N14 some rush hr trips replace N14. But Most ppl are going direct to long beach rather than rockville centre so most will do that but once it gets near N15 it goes express via austin blvd. N16 short trips are all eliminated. A new weekday only rte called N34 is created it's an express line from oyster bay via rte 106 to jericho quad and brush hollow rd then westbury southbound trips bypass roosevelt field northbound trips follow N16 rting after westbury blvd. N34 will run on westbury blvd then express on penninsula blvd These trips are more useful they interline at random sometimes with n33.

N74/73 end up in long beach via jones beach estimated increase unknown.

N80 is trash all interline with N20 short trips. N58 ends up in huntington via northern blvd ridership will increase but limited service to greenlawn. I abandoned the N58 idea a while back after reading up travel patterns of some LI folk most of their trips are IMPOSSIBLE with the way LIB rtes are set up!!!!!! N62 runs with minibuses then express to roosevelt field line replaces N28 at rush hr only. No off-peak service beyond freeport. My original ideas were to take big rtes to cover small ones that won't work. I admit when I secret shopped LI I almost never used N74/73 or N80/81 but I did use N46 which is a knockoff of the N49. LI ridership can increase to at least 20% of LI with these changes. Look at where there are cars and where bus rtes run LIB is TOO BROKEN AND INCOMPLETE TO USE FOR MOST LI PPL

Nassau pays the second highest property taxes in the nation; Westchester beats them out, but something persuades Levy and Astorino (execs for Suffolk and WC respectively) to pay the $30,000,000+ for their bus systems. SCT would be great if their headways weren't enough for me to go to a restaurant, order a full meal, and come out and still have to wait another 10 minutes for a bus.

Yet I take the N16 and 43 through what people consider the poorest towns in Nassau and plenty of people drive...

I would drive too if bus service was that infrequent. Especially on weekends it's practically unusable

And yet Mangano doesn't want to pony up $30 mil for bus service. Cheap bastard

Theres only about 3-4 bus routes in Nassau that have the ridership comparable to the city routes, the rest of em roll around with 2 people in em. So take the 3 or 4 routes that work, keep them, ditch the rest. Make Nassau loop A the n6 route, Loop B the n4 route, loop C the n24 route, Loop D the 15 route (the one that does long beach to the mall), and loop E the valley stream-far rock route, i dont know the number offhand).

I personally have no need to use Long Island bus, It doesn't go to my school, it doesn't go where I work, and to anything recreational in Nassau like the mall, its a waste of time. I can get to Roosevelt Field by car in 20 minutes, and it takes 3 times that amount on the bus. For local errands its a waste of time. There's plenty of big towns in Nassau with NO Bus, Oyster Bay, Syosset and Locust Valley come to mind, and guess what? They survive. There's other towns in eastern Nassau where the bus really only serves a small portion of town, and well they get by as well.

Also I think the towns and villages could make decent LIRR shuttles to compensate. Or let some enterprising taxi company provide an alternate service to the trains at less cost.

and buddy, the only thing arrogant here is you trying to tell Nassau residents how to get around our county.

you outlined the real reason why my plan will work. LIB fails cause it doesn't serve the places ppl need to go. Give me an example of your travel patterns where is ur school and where do you go to roosevelt field from???

However to just give up is beyond wrong.

The N58 is always crowded, all day, I can vow for that. Every N58 I've been on, there have been a good amount of people on the bus. However, the N57, every bus I've been on, has been pretty empty, always during rush hour. I wonder how that survives. Maybe it picks up and drops off about 10 people per run. No wonder its rush hour only.

you outlined the real reason why my plan will work. LIB fails cause it doesn't serve the places ppl need to go. Give me an example of your travel patterns where is ur school and where do you go to roosevelt field from???

However to just give up is beyond wrong.

your plan is just going to make the current routes too long and make it harder for them to stay on schedule as they head towards eastern Nassau. Theres a reason its set up the way it is, just because the 20 now runs down to massapequa like the 80 does now doesn't mean there's instantly going to be people on the 20 down there, people just don't need the bus in those areas.

Im not going to say where I go to class because its none of your business, nor will I reveal where in Nassau I live, but I will say this I take the Northern Parkway to the Meadowbrook Parkway to get to Roosevelt Field. Try getting a bus down that ;) Thats actually one of the things I love about driving in this area is the parkways because theres no big trucks.

about hte Great Neck routes, the 57 is a strange route going through mostly residential areas, the Village of Great Neck could easily operate something similar for the 57 and 58 if those routes were eliminated and last I checked they were on the chopping block as per the MTA's original route cutting plans which I am guessing Veolia is going to do something similar. IMO if Great NEck would increase the size of their commuter lot, possibly build it into a parking garage like Gussack Plaza on the other side of Middle Neck Road, they wouldn't need those routes.

And yet Mangano doesn't want to pony up $30 mil for bus service. Cheap bastard

Its not being cheap, its being smart. If most of the public isn't using it, why should they pay a premium when Nassau's finances are already tight. They can put the money into something that people use, like the parks and the roads, instead of a bus system that 10% of Nassau County actually uses.

Suffolk County has more people and more businesses so they have more money to spend on buses.

The N58 is always crowded, all day, I can vow for that. Every N58 I've been on, there have been a good amount of people on the bus. However, the N57, every bus I've been on, has been pretty empty, always during rush hour. I wonder how that survives. Maybe it picks up and drops off about 10 people per run. No wonder its rush hour only.

N57 I literally don't understand it's purpose at all. Nassau just needs more direct bus rtes like N46 due to frequency of other lines doesn't need hempstead it should go to roosevelt field instead.

your plan is just going to make the current routes too long and make it harder for them to stay on schedule as they head towards eastern Nassau. Theres a reason its set up the way it is, just because the 20 now runs down to massapequa like the 80 does now doesn't mean there's instantly going to be people on the 20 down there, people just don't need the bus in those areas.

Im not going to say where I go to class because its none of your business, nor will I reveal where in Nassau I live, but I will say this I take the Northern Parkway to the Meadowbrook Parkway to get to Roosevelt Field. Try getting a bus down that ;) Thats actually one of the things I love about driving in this area is the parkways because theres no big trucks.

about hte Great Neck routes, the 57 is a strange route going through mostly residential areas, the Village of Great Neck could easily operate something similar for the 57 and 58 if those routes were eliminated and last I checked they were on the chopping block as per the MTA's original route cutting plans which I am guessing Veolia is going to do something similar. IMO if Great NEck would increase the size of their commuter lot, possibly build it into a parking garage like Gussack Plaza on the other side of Middle Neck Road, they wouldn't need those routes.

Its not being cheap, its being smart. If most of the public isn't using it, why should they pay a premium when Nassau's finances are already tight. They can put the money into something that people use, like the parks and the roads, instead of a bus system that 10% of Nassau County actually uses.

Suffolk County has more people and more businesses so they have more money to spend on buses.

N20 is only to eliminate a few vehicles. N58 is to generate extra ridership and connect huntington as well as areas along northern blvd beyond N20's reach. Thanks for the clue I had a feeling ppl did that You confirmed my hunch about that area N20 to N27 is not practical. But isn't a bus able to reach similar speeds if staying on glen cove rd then using LIE?? And parks is another clue as well again confirming my thesis. My plan is to make more express rtes via reroutes or carved out of existing lines N34 will be express in order to stay on schedule via penninsula blvd directly to westbury blvd the line won't head to hempstead.

N1 merging with N36 means ppl along N36 have a practical way to reach N32/31 and the mall. Plus requires less resources which can interline with N4 or N40/41. N50 placing the line where the ppl are going making it a cousin of the N49 in a sense but like a crosstown feel. N51, 27 merger means less resources for both lines but N51 becomes practical. But PPL using N27 to hempstead will have to use N16 or N35 or N24 o well. Most ppl get off at roosevelt field anyway. N46 is blatently ignoring travel demands and goes where most DO NOT. The N46's route is what is hurting ridership

N20 is only to eliminate a few vehicles. N58 is to generate extra ridership and connect huntington as well as areas along northern blvd beyond N20's reach. Thanks for the clue I had a feeling ppl did that You confirmed my hunch about that area N20 to N27 is not practical.

There is no need for bus service in that area of Northern Blvd! Youre going to put buses through Brookville, East Norwich, and Oyster Bay Cove, places with 5-20 million dollar homes! Noone is going to ride that bus up there, and to connect it with Huntington is already a waste. There isnt even that much automobile traffic going from Huntington to Greenvale, Roslyn and points west on NY Route 25A (Northern Blvd).

But isn't a bus able to reach similar speeds if staying on glen cove rd then using LIE?? And parks is another clue as well again confirming my thesis. My plan is to make more express rtes via reroutes or carved out of existing lines N34 will be express in order to stay on schedule via penninsula blvd directly to westbury blvd the line won't head to hempstead.

Express buses aren't going to work, we don't even have intra-borough express buses in the city. And its slower to use the LIE and Glen Cove Road to the mall.

N1 merging with N36 means ppl along N36 have a practical way to reach N32/31 and the mall. Plus requires less resources which can interline with N4 or N40/41. N50 placing the line where the ppl are going making it a cousin of the N49 in a sense but like a crosstown feel. N51, 27 merger means less resources for both lines but N51 becomes practical. But PPL using N27 to hempstead will have to use N16 or N35 or N24 o well. Most ppl get off at roosevelt field anyway. N46 is blatently ignoring travel demands and goes where most DO NOT. The N46's route is what is hurting ridership

Again the routes are going to be too long and less efficient if you combine them . You aren't going to get any NEW people on the 51 or the 27 by combining the routes. You run the risk of killing ridership on both lines cuz of teh inefficiency of such a long route.

Archived