LI Bus: Condition CRITICAL

PinePower

The next person who does not use the multi-quote feature in this thread will have all their posts deleted, and will be banned from the thread! I'm sick and tired of talking about the same bullshit every other day!

I'm tired of people making 3, 4 and 5 posts back to back when they can all be in one damn post!:mad:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these plans are just bullshit

Look, Nassau is mostly suburbs, the only people without cars are those living in the more impoverished areas, where the buses BARELY go through. Sometimes I used to ride the N31/32 from Hempstead to Merrick Boulevard and wondered why the buses go through such isolated areas and make NO STOPS whatsoever.

The only people that are going to be truly reeling over these changes are the "undesirables" (and most of them shouldn't even be called that) who will probably now be screwed out of a ride unless they get a car or somehow manage to take the LIRR into the city

There is no need for bus service in that area of Northern Blvd! Youre going to put buses through Brookville, East Norwich, and Oyster Bay Cove, places with 5-20 million dollar homes! Noone is going to ride that bus up there, and to connect it with Huntington is already a waste. There isnt even that much automobile traffic going from Huntington to Greenvale, Roslyn and points west on NY Route 25A (Northern Blvd).

Express buses aren't going to work, we don't even have intra-borough express buses in the city. And its slower to use the LIE and Glen Cove Road to the mall.

Again the routes are going to be too long and less efficient if you combine them . You aren't going to get any NEW people on the 51 or the 27 by combining the routes. You run the risk of killing ridership on both lines cuz of teh inefficiency of such a long route.

ok you are right but N58 extension is intended to be nonstop however you raise a good point. Thanks for giving me a new idea or at least confirming a thesis I made earlier

Yeah sospectacular you raise a good point N32/31 go through there since it's a fast way to reach hempstead. To tell the truth Some northern areas in nassau really do not need buses and When I was in oyster bay the traffic was very small anyway. Plus inorder for the combined rtes to work the rtes themselves will need to become more reliable. The N34 is strictly a quick type bus to get you from nassau hub area quickly to LIRR and areas around penninsula blvd and oyster bay OHH it does not warrent weekend service though

its the truth.

You would like it out here, in Manhasset theres a strip mall called the Miracle Mile and it has all those fancy stores you like :P Theres plenty of nice houses and neighborhoods and the LIRR is an easy way to get to Manhattan.

Yes, you're right... An old co-worker of mine at my old job in Chelsea lived in Manhasset and I hear that it's quite charming and has nice stores and such. My main issue with Long Island is that it is a bit too suburban for my tastes and if the LIRR is f*cked up, you can basically forget it. That's the one thing about Staten Island that is good. If one express bus is f*cked up I can just get car service over to another one, so I can go to Manhattan via New Jersey or via Brooklyn. :cool:

I really dig the Oheka Castle there in Huntington... Lovely grounds and I got the chance to walk around a bit and relax in one the study rooms. We received local bottles of wine from the vineyards there on Long Island as show below... :cool: The quality of the pics aren't all that great, but they were taken impromptu... :P

OhekaCastle1.jpg

OhekaCastle4.jpg

OhekaCastle2.jpg

There is no need for bus service in that area of Northern Blvd! Youre going to put buses through Brookville, East Norwich, and Oyster Bay Cove, places with 5-20 million dollar homes! Noone is going to ride that bus up there, and to connect it with Huntington is already a waste. There isnt even that much automobile traffic going from Huntington to Greenvale, Roslyn and points west on NY Route 25A (Northern Blvd).

Totally agree...

Express buses aren't going to work, we don't even have intra-borough express buses in the city. And its slower to use the LIE and Glen Cove Road to the mall.

This is also true...

You're kidding me right?

wow I was wondering when he would say that ok that has nothing to do with me man take that up with pine power "white plains rd" don't drag me into that mess. The only reason why most of my comments before sounded like bullshit was cause I was trying to play to something I wasn't strong in which is short haul planning something you seem to be better at than I. I am better for long-range transit ideas rather than short haul which is what NYC is that is why I have no radical ideas for NYC cause that isn't what I am good at. Again you don't drag me into this LI mess with pinepower that's his take and urs differs. You are clearly more short haul and maintain than change to improve or better adjiust.

Yes, you're right... An old co-worker of mine at my old job in Chelsea lived in Manhasset and I hear that it's quite charming and has nice stores and such. My main issue with Long Island is that it is a bit too suburban for my tastes and if the LIRR is f*cked up, you can basically forget it. That's the one thing about Staten Island that is good. If one express bus is f*cked up I can just get car service over to another one, so I can go to Manhattan via New Jersey or via Brooklyn. :cool:

I really dig the Oheka Castle there in Huntington... Lovely grounds and I got the chance to walk around a bit and relax in one the study rooms. We received local bottles of wine from the vineyards there on Long Island as show below... :cool: The quality of the pics aren't all that great, but they were taken impromptu... :P

OhekaCastle1.jpg

OhekaCastle4.jpg

OhekaCastle2.jpg

Totally agree...

This is also true...

OHH and I meant to say (SELECTED N58 TRIPS) when I mentioned huntington don't get it twisted.

NOT exactly If one LIRR line f**ks up use another line then transfer to LIB to complete ur trip or use SCT if heading that far out. Example if main line f**ks over and you need mineola use hempstead line to N40 or if babylon f**ks over use Main line to hicksville and use N74/73 or 80/81.

N57 I literally don't understand it's purpose at all. Nassau just needs more direct bus rtes like N46 due to frequency of other lines doesn't need hempstead it should go to roosevelt field instead.

Then I'm sure the N62 is bullshit too.

Yes, you're right... An old co-worker of mine at my old job in Chelsea lived in Manhasset and I hear that it's quite charming and has nice stores and such. My main issue with Long Island is that it is a bit too suburban for my tastes and if the LIRR is f*cked up, you can basically forget it.

Well the LIRR isn't that bad, but if you have access to a car service, that already is an alternative for you in case of problems. But if you live in say Manhasset, if the Port Washington Branch isn't running, theres the Main Line to New Hyde Park or Merillon Avenue or Oyster Bay Branch to Roslyn. Its not as bad as you think if you are in Nassau County, Suffolk yea you will have a problem but a lot of people in Suffolk work in Suffolk in one of the commercial districts in Melville, Brookhaven, etc.

Well the LIRR isn't that bad, but if you have access to a car service, that already is an alternative for you in case of problems. But if you live in say Manhasset, if the Port Washington Branch isn't running, theres the Main Line to New Hyde Park or Merillon Avenue or Oyster Bay Branch to Roslyn. Its not as bad as you think if you are in Nassau County, Suffolk yea you will have a problem but a lot of people in Suffolk work in Suffolk in one of the commercial districts in Melville, Brookhaven, etc.

true I would use local train to new hyde park and use N25 if the line breaks down. There are so many options. If you need ronkomkoma and that f**ks over take montauk train to patchouge and use S7A or sayville and use S57 or S59 or LIRR to smithtown use S58/S57/59 you have too many crosstown rtes so the LIRR is no problem at all. When LIRR patchouge broke down the S40 turned into a slaveship on wheels with faces against the glass.

true I would use local train to new hyde park and use N25 if the line breaks down. There are so many options. If you need ronkomkoma and that f**ks over take montauk train to patchouge and use S7A or sayville and use S57 or S59 or LIRR to smithtown use S58/S57/59 you have too many crosstown rtes so the LIRR is no problem at all. When LIRR patchouge broke down the S40 turned into a slaveship on wheels with faces against the glass.

yeah ur right in it's current form that is But what can you do with it if it is run with minibuses think parkway you can fidure it out

sorry NYE delete the other posts.

dunno if you know but in many cases the LIRR has its own shuttle buses to the stations if theres a problem. I was on a Montauk train that had a 12-9 and they had shuttle buses in place for some stops.

yeah ur right in it's current form that is But what can you do with it if it is run with minibuses think parkway you can fidure it out

the 62 is a shuttle route for freeport station to get to some of the businesses there. You cant run buses on the parkway except below Merrick Road.

Lol, really, a 'rant' vid about what's posted on a message board? I dunno what's worse: the vid or the 2 ppl that defended the vid.

I'm using his comments as an example of what's wrong in this county. Of course there are those that take it too far. But dont you think I have a right to be angry?

How about I propose splitting SI off from the city and privatizing it's bus system? We can create SI Transit, $4 fares, no metrocards and half hourly service at best. Since Staten Is. is also suburban everybody drives, right?

So we can get rid of half the bus routes on SI and have the 44 and the 59 run hourly all times...after all its suburban everyone drives, aint that right?:confused:

We can also privatize the Q46 as well since it goes through mostly suburban areas of Queens, no need to have many buses there, once an hour should be enough. After 7pm you can get a cab...

It's ok guys! John Pine is jelly of us who live in NYC and have public transit for 2.25. He is so mad he made a rant video! Well Mr. Pine how about you go sit on a pine cone and think about what your saying! move out of your moms house, get a job and stop complaining!

How would I get to work with hardly any bus service? Its not so much a jealousy thing, more of a double standard thing. Many of you are gung ho to slash bus service in Nassau County, but would be very upset if this was done in suburban areas of NYC. That's a DOUBLE STANDARD.

And then there a bus driver who has no problems seeing his brothers at LIB get jacked up when Veolia takes over...

TWU 100, ATU, TWU 252, why is it such a big deal to support eachother?

Mr. PinePower, I'd love a response to the video you made of me and KR......

You mean that vid (that he eventually took down) about members of NYCTF "threatening" him.... and "threatening" to report us to the authorities... lmao... I didn't forget that...

I'm still waiting for him to report me to the authorities.

Lol, really, a 'rant' vid about what's posted on a message board? I dunno what's worse: the vid or the 2 ppl that defended the vid.

It's ok guys! John Pine is jelly of us who live in NYC and have public transit for 2.25. He is so mad he made a rant video! Well Mr. Pine how about you go sit on a pine cone and think about what your saying! move out of your moms house, get a job and stop complaining!

What's worse, this aint the first time he's done it.... See reply to Joel, above.....

...and Dman, I think his envy for the city also has a lot to do w/ the videos he puts out about LIB.... He can't complain about poor service out in Nassau w/o mentioning (or implicating) bus service we get in the city somehow......

edit:

incredible.... directly after I hit the submit button & skim upwards, I see [post# 71] & [post #74] - further illustrating this exact point... lmfao....

can't make this stuff up

This thread has gone so far off the tracks...

It started off derailed.

Archived