Maserati made in the USA...

Kamen Rider

More capt obvious remarks to me.... that or playing the 'assumption' card.

Ehh restrictions, so what, that doesn't stop the people importing over RHD cars. =D

By those restrictions, it seems you can't even drive it home. It's like 'renting' a car and only being able to drive it on Ferrari's own track. That's what I mean.

Most of those high end sports cars aren't even street legal here in the states, I see the occasional Ferrari in Queens every now and then and spotted a Maserati last Sunday in Long Island City while riding the Q66 home

The Enzo Ferrari or the FXX Enzo? FORGET ABOUT IT! The only place you're driving those is on the test track!

Well of course, no sane person is going to risk driving a nearly 3/4 of a mil super car on the city streets where it is bumper to bumper traffic or risk it getting damaged or stolen.... They are expensive 'trophies' to show off to their friends about 'I can piss away a boat load of money for this car'. THat's what it is really for.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't even risk taking such a car out on the streets unless it is transported in a truck.

Another car that I'd love to at least see in person would be a Bugatti Veyron. Holy shit, that would be one hell of a ride as just a passenger on a long airport runway....

=

As for the list of cars i've seen in NYC over the years: I've seen a Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborgini, 'quite a number' of Porche, and rolls royce. For Mercedes, I have seen some '2 door' cars, but wasn't sure their models, I think some said McLaren.

Yeah, the real kicker about that is you have to pass a test in order to get the car, so even if you can afford it there is no guarantee that you'll get it. :(

I've only seen Bentleys there on 5th Avenue while waiting for the express bus. Maseratis, I see those quite a bit while waiting for the X10 over by Slosson Avenue. I assume they come down from Todt Hill, which features many high end multi-million dollar homes with expensive cars. :cool:

Here in my neighborhood in West Brighton, I see Porsches once in a while, but BMW's mainly with some Audis. :cool: Mercedes don't seem to be too popular though.

You should go to downtown Miami, you see Porsche, Bentley and Lamborginis everywhere.

Most of those high end sports cars aren't even street legal here in the states, I see the occasional Ferrari in Queens every now and then and spotted a Maserati last Sunday in Long Island City while riding the Q66 home

The Enzo Ferrari or the FXX Enzo? FORGET ABOUT IT! The only place you're driving those is on the test track!

There was an Enzo spotted on the Belt Pkwy some time ago, just to let you know. There was actually a couple of other Ferrari's as well, it wasn't a Gumball event but some other event.

FXX, is on a rent only basis to some tracks, I said go and buy it as a joke.

Another car that I'd love to at least see in person would be a Bugatti Veyron. Holy shit, that would be one hell of a ride as just a passenger on a long airport runway....

=

As for the list of cars i've seen in NYC over the years: I've seen a Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborgini, 'quite a number' of Porche, and rolls royce. For Mercedes, I have seen some '2 door' cars, but wasn't sure their models, I think some said McLaren.

I so agree with you on the Bugatti Veyron. I too would love to see it in person.

As for seeing exotic cars in NYC I've seen the Lamborgini Murcielago, the Mercedes-Benz SLR Mclaren and the Porsche 911.

For the Bugatti Veyron lovers here's a video showing the Veyron reaching top speed:

I didn't like that Schumi stunt. I think he's an ass in real life; Ferrari has been involved with Grand Prix racing since the early days (post-WWI) and more likely than not paid the FIA off and ordered teammates to let him pass them so he could win. I respect him for managing to seperate his racing and personal life quite well, and for donating more than some countries did to the victims of the tsunami in 2004...

As for Lotus, they're not even British anymore. Hell, they're all powered by Toyota engines... the engine they put in the Elise is just a Corolla engine with a supercharger on it!

Archived