It even rains in the 6200 series

DOB2RTO

0608082151.jpg

0608082150a.jpg

0608082150.jpg

0608082149.jpg

It's time for some new buses. Even Bee-Line old 400 series Orions, don't do what our newer 60-6200's do. Water came pouring down the front passenger protective shield, and soaked the first seat. Water soaked all three single door side seats (seats in front of rear door). Water came pouring through the roof and seals of the rear window, just past rear door. If it were a 400 series, I most likely would have gotten soaked too, since those POS are notorious for water pouring in everywhere........

It's time for some new buses. Even Bee-Line old 400 series Orions, don't do what our newer 60-6200's do. Water came pouring down the front passenger protective shield, and soaked the first seat. Water soaked all three single door side seats (seats in front of rear door). Water came pouring through the roof and seals of the rear window, just past rear door. If it were a 400 series, I most likely would have gotten soaked too, since those POS are notorious for water pouring in everywhere........

Yeah I've seen that plenty of times. I always thought Orion V's were made kind of porely in the '90's. I actually saw that once on a 5200 series artic too.

Yeah I've seen that plenty of times. I always thought Orion V's were made kind of porely in the '90's. I actually saw that once on a 5200 series artic too.

Yes it does happen in those too. It also happens in the 5600 series also. Had one that did it, when I was at West Farms.........

This happens sometimes on the redbirds, R40 slants and R42s...

But its kinda weird to see it happen on a bus though.

Happens often, on some of the older RTSs I take when it rains heavily. The water collects in the seats.

Yeah I have seen it on my (J) train many times. Thats an R42 Right???? LOL.

Yep thats an R42

Happens often, on some of the older RTSs I take when it rains heavily. The water collects in the seats.

Sometimes people leave their bags in the seats which are wet. Thus water getting in the seats their jacket gets wet also and they sit down in the seats. Leaving water behind....

Btw did you see water spaying inside the bus?

Sometimes people leave their bags in the seats which are wet. Thus water getting in the seats their jacket gets wet also and they sit down in the seats. Leaving water behind....

Btw did you see water spaying inside the bus?

Yeah, that's probably what happened. No spraying.

I also remember that the old private line RTSs had water dripping from the roof constantly. Whether it was an RTS-04 or an RTS-06, I don't remember.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. No spraying.

I also remember that the old private line RTSs had water dripping from the roof constantly. Whether it was an RTS-04 or an RTS-06, I don't remember.

PBL poorly maintained their buses. Those buses always had problems LOL.

EDIT command bus and queens surface maintained their buses well. But the others didn't.

EDIT command bus and queens surface maintained their buses well. But the others didn't.

LOL... I was about to say.... My Command, QSC, and Liberty buses were exceptions, and of course LGA (Triboro) was the worst.

Dont you think its a good time for us to receive some rain so this heat can go away for at least one day?!

No. I'd rather roast alive........

As for that, those are bronx buses right?

Kingsbridge Depot buses.......

Kingsbridge Depot buses.......

534 ended up doing that today on the BX3. the Bus pulled up to the 195st stop S/B and when the B/O went to let people off they sprayed the entire bus with water from a fire hydrant (door closed). soaked through the closed emergency vents and the back door.

534 ended up doing that today on the BX3. the Bus pulled up to the 195st stop S/B and when the B/O went to let people off they sprayed the entire bus with water from a fire hydrant (door closed). soaked through the closed emergency vents and the back door.

I would intentionally pull the bus up to an open hydrant, stopping where the rear doors were. It was on the Bx19 line at the stop just after Prospect St, going W/B (towards Manhattan). First the front stepwell would get soaked, but I drove quickly past that. The light was always red when I got there, so I would just stop at the point where the rear stepwell was getting splashed with water. It would soak and clean the stepwell. Besides it was fun watching the passengers sitting back there scatter...........

As for the 100-600series Orions, all of them should have leakage problems. They all have rust bleeding from under the roof line. You can see it on the non repaints........

Actually, the leaky RTSs were Triboro Coach... always poorly maintained, especially just prior to takeover. Green was OK most of the time, and Queens Surface buses were always in tiptop shape. Never took anything else, so I can't judge those.

i Would Intentionally Pull The Bus Up To An Open Hydrant, Stopping Where The Rear Doors Were. It Was On The Bx19 Line At The Stop Just After Prospect St, Going W/b (towards Manhattan). First The Front Stepwell Would Get Soaked, But I Drove Quickly Past That. The Light Was Always Red When I Got There, So I Would Just Stop At The Point Where The Rear Stepwell Was Getting Splashed With Water. It Would Soak And Clean The Stepwell. Besides It Was Fun Watching The Passengers Sitting Back There Scatter...........

Lmao!!!!! Sound Like Something I Would Do!!!!

This happened to me on an Orion VII CNG #7812. MTA just doesn't know how to maintain a bus properly, they should take notes from FairFax Connecter...

Thypical crappyness of the orion VII. They brake down a lot they can't go fast uphill have lots of wasted space can't drive in SI and now this. What a crappy bus these things are not worth two cents of that 600,000$ they spent on buying them. While the mighty RTSs be dry as a desert when its raining outside same goes for the MCI classics and GM greatbowl buses.

Thypical crappyness of the orion VII. They brake down a lot they can't go fast uphill have lots of wasted space can't drive in SI and now this. What a crappy bus these things are not worth two cents of that 600,000$ they spent on buying them. While the mighty RTSs be dry as a desert when its raining outside same goes for the MCI classics and GM greatbowl buses.
That was the only VII bus to leak on me. The VII CNGs are great on hills, the B500R ones are a little slower because they shift way too late, sometimes even redlines before shifting. The ZF one rules on uphills though. They sure beat the Orion Vs. The Orion VII Hybrids are the ones that are slow on uphills because they are at 5000RPM when being floored, Hybrid Electrics dont like to give much power at high RPMs, hence why they take off quick but end out not as fast as expected. They break down more than the CNGs too.

Also I can't tell you how many times the RTS, the MCI, and the FishBowls leaked on me, are you biased? B)

You clearly have never ridden a 100-600 series O5 then. that's first time I ever heard of an O7 leaking. Take a trip up to the Heights or the West Bronx and you see tons of buses that fit your description minus the O7 part. and lol because no bus can last on SI for too long.

I would intentionally pull the bus up to an open hydrant, stopping where the rear doors were. It was on the Bx19 line at the stop just after Prospect St, going W/B (towards Manhattan). First the front stepwell would get soaked, but I drove quickly past that. The light was always red when I got there, so I would just stop at the point where the rear stepwell was getting splashed with water. It would soak and clean the stepwell. Besides it was fun watching the passengers sitting back there scatter...........

As for the 100-600series Orions, all of them should have leakage problems. They all have rust bleeding from under the roof line. You can see it on the non repaints........

That would be Prospect Avenue, by the way...... B)

Archived