XD40 @ Zerega awaiting acceptance

Acela Express

A clear Emergency exit that looks like a f-cking sun-roof...ok New Flyer you are just showing off. lol

This bus is so awesome looking, that if I had the money I would buy one myself. Screw luxury cars...I would totally want to be seen driving one of these instead...

Ok, I'm all about just pay. But lets snap back to reality right quick...MTA workers are FAR from underpaid, The MTA falls in the top percentile in terms of earnings countrywide. The median for bus operators in the country is $12.44 and $21.58. MTA Bus Operators top out at near $30 an hour.

MTA Cleaners make base $40,000 if not a little more. Meanwhile, NJ Transit cleaners are barely breaking $30,000!

Then you factor in overtime, you got Bus Operators and Motormen clearing more money per year than some of the management! 6 figures in some cases...And ya'll are underpaid?!

I honestly believe, no, I take that back I know MANY MTA employees are living WAY beyond their means. You go to a freaking MTA Bus Depot and look at the damn employee lot, some of them look like the car show at the Jacob Javits Center. So I'm not swallowing the underpaid excuses from any MTA employee.

And I don't care if any MTA employee that post here don't like what I said, but its the truth, Live within your means, keep up with yourself and not the Jones.

Though technically, MTA workers need to earn more because they live in NY which is tax heavy. So despite the higher income, they will likely lose a portion of that income thru taxes. Of course they could probably be spared that if they lived in neighboring states, but have to pay via tolls and gas.

Archived