Coaster Fun

My favorite coasters in the park have to be

Medusa/Bizarro (I miss the old theme on it somewhat)

Batman: The Ride (fast and compact)

El Toro (It's hella fast)

Green Lantern's a fairly decent coaster and was a worthy successor to the Scream Machine. Riding a coaster standing up is definitely a unique experience.

Some Blackberry pics, couldn't carry my camera on-board of course LOL

299027_10150321577947505_623102504_7825462_7095838_n.jpg

299671_10150321606652505_623102504_7825897_1163669_n.jpg

299329_10150321644437505_623102504_7826239_7609482_n.jpg

The Scream Machine was a 21 year classic. Green Lantern now sits in its place and ironically, its also a B&M built coaster. You can tell from the way they both rattle your head!

Great Adventure had a smaller stand-up coaster that they took down after 1990 called Shockwave. It was my first ever six flags coaster!

I've only heard of Shockwave, I was way too young to have rode it. It was the most important coaster as that was the last ride B&M made before they split off from Intamin and are now famous for that track style and the 4 across [and more with those dive coasters] seating. But I've heard how rough those 1st gen rides are. I'd much rather wait for custom/newer gen versions of their rides.

Shockwave, last I heard was still in storeage at Darien lake when Six Flags sold off that park. For historical purposes, I hope that isn't scrapped.

=

Awesome! I am more a roller coaster nut than a subway/bus [combined] fan. Any major park I go to, I plan out my day based around the major or 2nd major coaster at the park. I'd like to ride GL at SF GAdv, but I still wished they didn't have to tear down GASM. They had enough space on the 'Batman' side of the park...

But overall, it is nice they have a 'new'* ride than a crap 'wild mouse in the box' or rethemed [medusa to bizarro] coaster.

*It's actually a 2nd hand coaster moved from the defunct Six flags Kentucky.

=

Since it seems people are starting up random threads, maybe we could start up a Roller coaster thread? Who's interested? :(

Ah yes, Green Lantern was once the great coaster "Chang"! Built back in 1997 for Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, the original rumor was that the coaster was to go to Georgia but I guess they wanted to get rid of the Scream Machine... No one really rode it much but it sure did rattle the head.

Bolliger and Mabillard is probably the top coaster builder out there, I love them for what they do, they recently wandered into new territory with two new coaster types, with one being their version of the giga-coaster and a slight variation of the 4th dimension coaster except without the rotating seats but riders will still ride NEXT to the track and not on top/below

I read another rumor they were going to send Chang to SF GAm [chicago] and move Iron Wolf [irnoically which is now going to be moved to Maryland's Six Flags]. Granted I only got to ride GASM once, I never felt too much pain on it. Mainly as I leaned outwards than lean back in. THat's probably why I was better prepared for it. I liked it mainly for having the most inversions at 7 and for that batwing element.

Yeah I heard a park in Canada was getting a B&M giga, which is strange as they have a hyper coaster by B&M, I just hope that a park here in the US gets a giga. Intamin's I-305 at KD is very fun, but I rode that when they had to put trims to slow the decent down to prevent the wheels from getting burnt out.

Hem, I think we have enough guys here for a coaster thread. I guess I'll start that up.

• 1 month later...

Cool! Yeah, I mean, you don't know if you don't like it unless you try it. I've rode similar rides like 50 times now and it's perfectly safe. Lol, close your eyes if it helps :(

Past few years ago drop towers were my other fears, but a buddy of mine dragged me on one and now I've gotten over that fear as well. I would still be afraid of them if not for being forced into riding one.

Archived