Fat man sues White Castle

Kamen Rider

I say let the man eat till he dies.....move out all the tables and chairs and have counters going around the whole inside of the white castle, Mcd's, Burger King.....I mean for real...these places should be sued by the federal goverment...... people eat this food get heart disease, high blood pressure....all the medication's they need to take.....stent's put in, like come on already.....sure we don't make these people eat at these places....but we all pay in the long run!!!.....this broken goverment needs to be fixed!!! No wonder programs like medicaid, medicare are going bust....:(

Oh please. Just stop it already. You know damn well this guy doesn't have any hormone imbalance and if he does, then eating at a grease spoon joint like White Castle isn't exactly helping matters. I will be 30 years old soon, and I can't even remember when I last even saw a White Castle, let alone ate in one. Maybe a good almost 20 years ago... You have a point in that some folks are obese and it is due to genetics, but going by how this guy eats, it seems that bad choices are the reason for his obesity. He just wants someone to blame for his irresponsibility. Reminds me of that stupid teenage girl that fell down that open sewer on Staten Island because the cover was left open. She fell in because she was too busy texting instead of paying attention to where she was walking and then the mother has the audacity to be pissed off when she should've been pissed off at her daughter for not paying attention. Of course she filed a lawsuit last I heard.

Folks just need to take responsibilty for their actions and stop looking to blame others. B)

But you ignored the last sentence of that paragraph. We all know it's a stupid case, but the point is that a judge could reasonably approve the case (though he most likely wouldn't win).

Now if he were suing because they made him fat, that's a different story. Then it would just be frivolous.

A rockland county resident is sueing White Castle because he claims discrimination. the fixed tables and chairs, he claims, are too small for people of his size. he wants to be comfortable while enjoying his favorite resturant.

----------------------

Maybe if he went less often, he wouldn't have a problem...

I'm fat and even I think that lawsuit is ridiculous B)

But you ignored the last sentence of that paragraph. We all know it's a stupid case, but the point is that a judge could reasonably approve the case (though he most likely wouldn't win).

Now if he were suing because they made him fat, that's a different story. Then it would just be frivolous.

No, I didn't ignore it... I saw what you said, but I was replying to that part of the quote. I realize that you think it's stupid, but I personally don't buy the notion of him having a real "disability" . I'm well aware that a small percentage of the population does suffer from obesity and that it is genetic in nature. HOWEVER, I seriously doubt this is the case here. The guy is just a fat slob that likes stuffing his face in grease joints. That's not a real disability and him being that way is his fault.

I mean where does this nonsense end at? You've got obese folks complaining that the airlines are making them pay more by way of paying for two seats because they take up their seat and the next seat as well. B) There's a point of accomodation and then there's a point of going overboard and trying to hide behind accomodating folks for things that are their own fault. :tdown:

Any judge to take some bullshyt case like this shouldnt be a judge. When they make these fast food joints or any restaurant, they make the seating to specs of a average sized human. Its not those restaurants problem if you walk in obease and cant fit in the seats. If you cant fit in a seat then obviously something is wrong with YOU not the restaurant.

This is why Airlines charge obease people to buy another seat.

To bad they don't do that for the local transit systems... Ain't fair I gotta pay $2.25 and stand, while some fat person is taking up two seats...

Yeah, two seats and then there's the heavy breathing, sweating and so on that goes on. There was a big white middle aged guy that used to ride the X14 and X30. He was so big that when he got on the bus would shake, which is really something because I could feel it all the way in the back and this is an MCI. :eek: Then he would proceed to go sideways, waddling about down the aisle because he was too wide to go down the aisle normally, all the while sweating up a storm and breathing as if he was doing strenuous work like running or something. No one ever wanted to sit next to him or behind him because he would breathe so heavy. Once he sat in front of his petite Asian looking chick, and she got so disgusted that she just got up and moved to a seat on the left hand side. I was sitting there chuckling because he is really a sight to see. The best part it is that I get some free entertainment and a few good laughs before I start my day.

He was a nice guy for the most part, but I just couldn't understand for the life of me why he would let himself get in such a state. I haven't seen him in sometime now, so he must've either retired, moved or died.

That's the one thing that really turns me off about living in Staten Island though. We really have a problem with folks just not taking care of themselves and being obese. There was an article on Silive that mentioned how Staten Islanders are dying at a higher rate than other New Yorkers due to eating too much crap, not getting enough exercise and smoking and all you have to do is go to a supermarket to see the evidence of that. I've been going to Shop Rite now regularly to pick up certain items because it is cheaper and I am seeing a lot more obese folks than I am used to seeing, especially since I shop in Whole Foods, where in shape is generally the norm.

Here is the article below:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/lifestyle_is_blamed_as_islande.html

That's the one thing that really turns me off about living in Staten Island though. We really have a problem with folks just not taking care of themselves and being obese. There was an article on Silive that mentioned how Staten Islanders are dying at a higher rate than other New Yorkers due to eating too much crap, not getting enough exercise and smoking and all you have to do is go to a supermarket to see the evidence of that. I've been going to Shop Rite now regularly to pick up certain items because it is cheaper and I am seeing a lot more obese folks than I am used to seeing, especially since I shop in Whole Foods, where in shape is generally the norm.

That's not Staten Island, that's America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq14GxxdeDk

And it's got to end.

That's not Staten Island, that's America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq14GxxdeDk

And it's got to end.

Good God... These guys are something strutting around with those guts. Funny thing is I haven't eaten yet today. Hopefully by the time I get over to the restaurant I'm eating at over by Bryant Park these images will have left my mind. :eek:

Must be all those express buses. :)

Seriously, you'd probably have grey hair if you had to take the ferry every day. :eek:

I probably would by now, or perhaps I would've had a heart attack from the amount of stress you have to deal with going to and from the ferry everyday. A high school friend of mine moved from Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay) down to Oakwood and then to Tottenville and takes the SIR to the ferry to the subway everyday. She e-mailed me a few weeks ago to say that she may be working in Midtown and said she wanted to die when she said the projected amount of time it would take to get to Midtown from Tottenville using the ferry... An hour and 46 minutes.... B) The X22 was projected at one hour and 11 minutes, so she plans on trying out the X22...

I remember years ago when I was on college break... I walk over to Forest and the S48 came late... Man I was PISSED. I totally exploded because the bus was like 20 minutes late, which meant that I was going to be late for work and you know once you've missed that connection, if you're trying to get somewhere on time, you're going to be 30 - 40 minutes late or more. I get on and I forget what was said, but man I just exploded and started screaming like crazy and the B/O gave me some response to which I said "GET HERE ON F*CKING TIME"!!! I was screaming from the time I got on until I reached the back of the bus near the door. Everybody was looking at me like a bomb had exploded. LOL With my Sicilian temper, it must've taken me a good 20 minutes to calm down. B) I think at that time I had just came to Staten Island and not used to the idea of being delayed 40 minutes because a bus f*cked up.

But seriously, I don't know how people deal with that everyday. It is very exhausting and stressful. Stressing out about whether or not the bus will come and make the ferry on time. Leaving early has nothing to do with it either because no one wants to wait 30 minutes to an hour for another ferry or wait at all for that matter when the bus is supposed to be linked to the ferry. Then if you get there on time there's the issue of the ferry breaking down and forcing you to wait another 30 minutes for the next one. Then if the boat arrives on time you have to hope that there isn't harbor traffic or that the captain does a sh*tty dock because that can cause you an extra 10 - 20 minutes, so yeah, I would certainly be grey by now. LOL

I probably would by now, or perhaps I would've had a heart attack from the amount of stress you have to deal with going to and from the ferry everyday. A high school friend of mine moved from Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay) down to Oakwood and then to Tottenville and takes the SIR to the ferry to the subway everyday. She e-mailed me a few weeks ago to say that she may be working in Midtown and said she wanted to die when she said the projected amount of time it would take to get to Midtown from Tottenville using the ferry... An hour and 46 minutes.... :) The X22 was projected at one hour and 11 minutes, so she plans on trying out the X22...

I remember years ago when I was on college break... I walk over to Forest and the S48 came late... Man I was PISSED. I totally exploded because the bus was like 20 minutes late, which meant that I was going to be late for work and you know once you've missed that connection, if you're trying to get somewhere on time, you're going to be 30 - 40 minutes late or more. I get on and I forget what was said, but man I just exploded and started screaming like crazy and the B/O gave me some response to which I said "GET HERE ON F*CKING TIME"!!! I was screaming from the time I got on until I reached the back of the bus near the door. Everybody was looking at me like a bomb had exploded. LOL With my Sicilian temper, it must've taken me a good 20 minutes to calm down. B) I think at that time I had just came to Staten Island and not used to the idea of being delayed 40 minutes because a bus f*cked up.

But seriously, I don't know how people deal with that everyday. It is very exhausting and stressful. Stressing out about whether or not the bus will come and make the ferry on time. Leaving early has nothing to do with it either because no one wants to wait 30 minutes to an hour for another ferry or wait at all for that matter when the bus is supposed to be linked to the ferry. Then if you get there on time there's the issue of the ferry breaking down and forcing you to wait another 30 minutes for the next one. Then if the boat arrives on time you have to hope that there isn't harbor traffic or that the captain does a sh*tty dock because that can cause you an extra 10 - 20 minutes, so yeah, I would certainly be grey by now. LOL

Well, at least on the X22, she can read or sleep or whatever. She might be able to do that on the SIR since she's at the first stop (I mean, she could use a jacket as a pillow and lean on the window seat), but it's more comfortable on the X22. At least the SIR is express during rush hours. The commute time from Tottenville to St. George via SIR can be shorter than from my area to St. George, despite being about 2.5 times as long (distance-wise)

But the thing is that if you leave at say, 07:00, it's not too bad. It's obviously still a long trip, but the buses and trains are less crowded and you have less of a chance of missing a connection.

But at about $2,600 per year vs. about $1,250 per year on the regular monthly MetroCard, it's easy to see why many SIers take the express bus. If you think about it, if you spend an extra hour per day just save $6.50, that means you value your time at less than the minimum wage. Obviously, if you're not getting paid for the time, it's hard to place a value on it, but most express bus riders probably take that into consideration. Plus the more comfortable seats and less stress with the connections make it an even better value.

So how crowded was that S48 when it showed up? And did it make the next ferry 30 minutes later?

Well, at least on the X22, she can read or sleep or whatever. She might be able to do that on the SIR since she's at the first stop (I mean, she could use a jacket as a pillow and lean on the window seat), but it's more comfortable on the X22. At least the SIR is express during rush hours. The commute time from Tottenville to St. George via SIR can be shorter than from my area to St. George, despite being about 2.5 times as long (distance-wise)

But the thing is that if you leave at say, 07:00, it's not too bad. It's obviously still a long trip, but the buses and trains are less crowded and you have less of a chance of missing a connection.

But at about $2,600 per year vs. about $1,250 per year on the regular monthly MetroCard, it's easy to see why many SIers take the express bus. If you think about it, if you spend an extra hour per day just save $6.50, that means you value your time at less than the minimum wage. Obviously, if you're not getting paid for the time, it's hard to place a value on it, but most express bus riders probably take that into consideration. Plus the more comfortable seats and less stress with the connections make it an even better value.

So how crowded was that S48 when it showed up? And did it make the next ferry 30 minutes later?

lol... That S48 was pretty crowded. We're talking about maybe around 12:00 in the afternoon, which is why it took me a little time to get to the back by the door, aside from the fact that I was fuming and trying to move past folks while yelling at the same time. I didn't even care who heard me. I don't think anyone that was on that bus had the balls to even stand near me after that. They were too afraid. LOL We made the next ferry, but I was still about 40 minutes late to work. :mad:

That's another reason why I don't have a car. I don't think it's worth it esp. living here in the city. I mean most of my activities are in the city so it is pointless to just have a car to drive to the express bus. Perfect example is yesterday. I was running a little behind, so I had car service take me over to Richmond and Morani for the X17J. B)

Coming back I needed to stay late to finish working on a quote, so I took the X12 back and stopped at Shop Rite. B) :cool: If I had a car though, I would've had to have parked it by Morani St then take the X17 or X10 down there to get it and then drive over to Shop Rite... B) That's why I'm looking forward to Riverdale. I can just walk right to 3 three express buses that are in the vicinity... 4 during rush hour. :cool:

1) lol... That S48 was pretty crowded. We're talking about maybe around 12:00 in the afternoon, which is why it took me a little time to get to the back by the door, aside from the fact that I was fuming and trying to move past folks while yelling at the same time. I didn't even care who heard me. I don't think anyone that was on that bus had the balls to even stand near me after that. They were too afraid. LOL We made the next ferry, but I was still about 40 minutes late to work. :mad:

2) That's another reason why I don't have a car. I don't think it's worth it esp. living here in the city. I mean most of my activities are in the city so it is pointless to just have a car to drive to the express bus. Perfect example is yesterday. I was running a little behind, so I had car service take me over to Richmond and Morani for the X17J. :P

Coming back I needed to stay late to finish working on a quote, so I took the X12 back and stopped at Shop Rite. :P :cool: If I had a car though, I would've had to have parked it by Morani St then take the X17 or X10 down there to get it and then drive over to Shop Rite... B) That's why I'm looking forward to Riverdale. I can just walk right to 3 three express buses that are in the vicinity... 4 during rush hour. :cool:

1) Now if it had off-peak S98 service :(, maybe you could've made the ferry before that.

2) Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people who do have a car just to drive to the express bus. Well, it's their money, and if they choose to waste it on just getting to the express bus, that's their business.

I can see where it would be helpful, though. I mean, if you're running late, you don't have to rush to call car service.

2) Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people who do have a car just to drive to the express bus. Well, it's their money, and if they choose to waste it on just getting to the express bus, that's their business.

I can see where it would be helpful, though. I mean, if you're running late, you don't have to rush to call car service.

lol... There's no rush to call car service because they simply wait until I get out of the house, so I just get in, put my seat belt on and WE'RE OFF!! :P Off to Morani St that is.... :cool: I've been avoiding Hylan Blvd and any other express buses that go through Downtown or the FDR because of the mess w/the UN, so the X17J has been my backup plan if I can't catch the last X30. I won't even bother walking over to the X14.

lol... There's no rush to call car service because they simply wait until I get out of the house, so I just get in, put my seat belt on and WE'RE OFF!! :P Off to Morani St that is.... :cool: I've been avoiding Hylan Blvd and any other express buses that go through Downtown or the FDR because of the mess w/the UN, so the X17J has been my backup plan if I can't catch the last X30. I won't even bother walking over to the X14.

True, but the problem is that you're depending on them being there by the time you're out of the house. For the most part, they're probably pretty reliable, but you have mentioned times when they'd make a mistake or they'd show up 20 minutes late.

But in the long run, even if you show up late a few times (assuming you don't have some kind of nutty boss), it's still cheaper to take car service than to drive, especially if you're not using it every day (if you're only using it when you're running late or when you travel outside of rush hours).

Ohhhh, so you're that guy! ;)

Yeah the crazy guy... ;)

True, but the problem is that you're depending on them being there by the time you're out of the house. For the most part, they're probably pretty reliable, but you have mentioned times when they'd make a mistake or they'd show up 20 minutes late.

But in the long run, even if you show up late a few times (assuming you don't have some kind of nutty boss), it's still cheaper to take car service than to drive, especially if you're not using it every day (if you're only using it when you're running late or when you travel outside of rush hours).

Yeah well even with a car I can have the car warmed up when I come out and then find out that it broke down or something, so anything is possible. In the morning though, they are generally pretty reliable because they have more drivers out because they know people will freak if they come late. At night or on the weekends I don't get as cranky. What I do is call them in advance so this way by the time I'm ready to leave the house or I arrive from the express bus or from Shop Rite or whatever 10 minutes will already have passed, so the most I'll have to wait is maybe 10 - 15 minutes, then after that they know that someone better be there because I get really cranky. :mad:

On the weekends, I'll call them ahead and give myself additional time and here of late I've been timing it perfectly because I have enough time to let them drop me over at that Chase bank and then do what I have to do there and then walk over to the X10. After all of the complaining that we've been doing they're still coming 10 minutes early to Manor & Schmidts Lane. Really unbelievable. Has been happening the last few weekends since the new schedule.

Yeah well even with a car I can have the car warmed up when I come out and then find out that it broke down or something, so anything is possible. In the morning though, they are generally pretty reliable because they have more drivers out because they know people will freak if they come late. At night or on the weekends I don't get as cranky. What I do is call them in advance so this way by the time I'm ready to leave the house or I arrive from the express bus or from Shop Rite or whatever 10 minutes will already have passed, so the most I'll have to wait is maybe 10 - 15 minutes, then after that they know that someone better be there because I get really cranky. :mad:

On the weekends, I'll call them ahead and give myself additional time and here of late I've been timing it perfectly because I have enough time to let them drop me over at that Chase bank and then do what I have to do there and then walk over to the X10. After all of the complaining that we've been doing they're still coming 10 minutes early to Manor & Schmidts Lane. Really unbelievable. Has been happening the last few weekends since the new schedule.

There used to be 1 or 2 cars (from a car service company a couple of blocks away) that would be waiting there to pick people up (It's Forest Avenue Car Service), but I'm not sure if they were waiting for fares, or if somebody had already called them.

In any case, the fact that they're around the corner means they could be there in a couple of minutes.

There used to be 1 or 2 cars (from a car service company a couple of blocks away) that would be waiting there to pick people up (It's Forest Avenue Car Service), but I'm not sure if they were waiting for fares, or if somebody had already called them.

In any case, the fact that they're around the corner means they could be there in a couple of minutes.

Ugh... I've never used them... I always use Clove Lakes... They have those nice Lincoln Town Cars that I get sometimes and I think their cars are clean for the most part, aside from the annoying college students that may leave their crap around, but it is usually pretty clean and they also update their cars often. :cool:

I just had white castle today....

the first cheeseburger I ate, had too much damn ketchup on it...

the pickle fell out of the 2nd cheeseburger as I was eatin it....

the 4th cheeseburger I had, aint have enough onions..

the last three (the 18th-20th) cheeseburgers, were soggy...

I had to kick the yellow "wet floor" sign out the way to keep from falling, as I was leaving....

I'm suing !

the 4th cheeseburger I had, aint hahh' enough onions..

I'm suing !

the 4th cheeseburger I had, aint hahh' enough onions..

I'm suing !

lol... Where is there a White Castle in the city anyway? I mean I don't frequent these places, so maybe that's why I don't know where it is.

Archived