Odd RTS Sighting!

DonOfAllBuses

I was in Queens Village today waiting for my bus when across the street from the Greyhound station I saw an RTS driving with its engine compartment wide open! The bus stopped at the light while it was open, then took off when the light turned green. It's like the driver didn't know it was open, if he/she did why didn't he/she get off and close the engine compartment door? Isn't there some kind of signal that lets you know that your engine compartment is open?

I was in Queens Village today waiting for my bus when across the street from the Greyhound station I saw an RTS driving with its engine compartment wide open! The bus stopped at the light while it was open, then took off when the light turned green. It's like the driver didn't know it was open, if he/she did why didn't he/she get off and close the engine compartment door? Isn't there some kind of signal that lets you know that your engine compartment is open?

Most likely he/she didn't know it was open. There is no indicator, and if you don't slam it shut it could come up. When they get old, they tend to wear out as well, and need to be slamed even harder. This isn't really a problem with other bus types because their doors open like a trunk.

Archived