STATEN ISLAND ADDED: Comprehensive MTA Regional Bus Operations Destination Sign Code List

The Real

When did they add an X10 SI COLLEGE destination sign?? :confused: I have been riding the X10 for almost 6 years now and have yet to see that sign. This morning I saw an X10 heading to 57th st with the via West St sign. :cool:

I believe that the X22 signs you're missing are the Outerbridge Park & Ride destination and then there's the Tottenville destination with the Outerbridge Park & Ride stop.

When did they add an X10 SI COLLEGE destination sign?? :confused: I have been riding the X10 for almost 6 years now and have yet to see that sign. This morning I saw an X10 heading to 57th st with the via West St sign. :cool:

I believe that the X22 signs you're missing are the Outerbridge Park & Ride destination and then there's the Tottenville destination with the Outerbridge Park & Ride stop.

Yes the X10 SI COLLEGE code is there, there is loads of codes in the signs that never see the light of day systemwide. I'm waiting to see the exact way the X22 Outerbridge reading reads before putting it on the sheet.

Yes the X10 SI COLLEGE code is there, there is loads of codes in the signs that never see the light of day systemwide. I'm waiting to see the exact way the X22 Outerbridge reading reads before putting it on the sheet.

I'm wondering if they ever have used it, or rather, when would they use it? Any idea? :confused:

Good question...it's probably there if for some reason X10s can't continue to Port Richmond and can just drop out at CSI and deadhead via the expressway.

@ Trevor...you misspelt the code 6743 entry...the S74 school trippers read YETMAN AV, not YELTMAN AV.

Random question: What are the color coordinates/codes for the shade of blue you used on the Bronx and Brooklyn codes?

Its rather easy and kinda clever, hehehe. I used the colors of the bus schedules used by MTA Bus and NYCB to color coordinate the readings on the signs.

MTAB Local Color: http://mta.info/busco/schedules/b103cur.pdf

MTAB Express Color: http://mta.info/busco/schedules/bm001cur.pdf

NYCB Local Color: http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/bkln/b082cur.pdf

NYCB Express Color: http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/x027cur.pdf

And the Subway/LIRR Readings are self explanatory in color :(

And the Subway/LIRR Readings are self explanatory in color :(

Some of them seem a bit off, I would use the map colors. Some that stick out at me are the (4)(5)(6), (S), and the LIRR East Williston (which is WAY off).

Or use the wiki colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:NYCS_color

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:LIRR_color (edit to see details)

Just a couple of things:

The LFSA buses (the newest ones) misspell Castleton. I think it's "Castelton". And the Orion 7's abbreviate it as (I think) "West Shore Plz via Casltn"

And there are some buses that serve both the Teleport and West Shore Plaza and they say "via Teleport, via Casltn" eastbound or "via Casltn, via Teleport" westbound.

Of course, the same applies for the S96.

Also, I think the S51 short-turns just say "Sand Lane".

Some of them seem a bit off, I would use the map colors. Some that stick out at me are the (4)(5)(6), (S), and the LIRR East Williston (which is WAY off).

Or use the wiki colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:NYCS_color

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:LIRR_color (edit to see details)

Actually I sampled the colors DIRECTLY from the Subway and LIRR PDF schedules on mta.info using photoshops handy color sampling tool which gives you the proper color codes to use, gets no more official than that. Might wanna tell wikipedia to double check their stuff!

Just a couple of things:

The LFSA buses (the newest ones) misspell Castleton. I think it's "Castelton". And the Orion 7's abbreviate it as (I think) "West Shore Plz via Casltn"

And there are some buses that serve both the Teleport and West Shore Plaza and they say "via Teleport, via Casltn" eastbound or "via Casltn, via Teleport" westbound.

I think you mean LFS's!

Just a couple of things:

I'm not spending the time going over all the abbreviations and misspellings in certain signs, I wrote the codes out as they are from the MTA's Master Depot Directory list. Abbreviations on the actual signs vary from sign model to sign model, the point of the list is to show basically what the sign code will convey.

On the MEGA MAX signs, things are super abbreviated...One the Horizon or Titan signs some things are spelled all the way out and some aren't. The Axion and Aesys signs are a different ball game as well. But when you punch in 6962, in some way shape or form it will say S96 LIMITED, ST GEORGE, VIA CASTLETON.

Typing out these 67 pages are a hassle enough without having to go over EVERY type of abbreviation across the 6 sign types used in the system.

Good question...it's probably there if for some reason X10s can't continue to Port Richmond and can just drop out at CSI and deadhead via the expressway.

@ Trevor...you misspelt the code 6743 entry...the S74 school trippers read YETMAN AV, not YELTMAN AV.

Again, guys i'm only typing what the MDD says, here is proof of what is on the code sheet...

IMG698.jpg

I think you mean LFS's!

I'm not good with bus types (I'm better with train types), but I'm referring to the newest buses.

I'm not spending the time going over all the abbreviations and misspellings in certain signs, I wrote the codes out as they are from the MTA's Master Depot Directory list. Abbreviations on the actual signs vary from sign model to sign model, the point of the list is to show basically what the sign code will convey.

On the MEGA MAX signs, things are super abbreviated...One the Horizon or Titan signs some things are spelled all the way out and some aren't. The Axion and Aesys signs are a different ball game as well. But when you punch in 6962, in some way shape or form it will say S96 LIMITED, ST GEORGE, VIA CASTLETON.

Typing out these 67 pages are a hassle enough without having to go over EVERY type of abbreviation across the 6 sign types used in the system.

Alright, no problem.

Actually I sampled the colors DIRECTLY from the Subway and LIRR PDF schedules on mta.info using photoshops handy color sampling tool which gives you the proper color codes to use, gets no more official than that. Might wanna tell wikipedia to double check their stuff!

That's where I got the wiki ones (for LIRR, at least).

I see what you did: The East Williston line is using Babylon Branch green, not Oyster Bay Branch green.

X31 to midtown goes through brooklyn. The code listed is old. Ill check in am but i believe its 7312. Also the xpress buses STILL have x21 codes in them. 7210 East midtown via nj madison ave. 7211 pleasant plains via nj bloomingdale rd. All x13,16,18,20 codes have been removed. A while back we in the union office heard a rumor that the 21 might make a return as a park n ride super xpress. That never came through. Wish it would.

The* on the 2 shown are school tripperd. 66 is to Petrides complex on milford drive. Tje 74 is to IS 34 ON Yetman Ave.

Here is the legend off the sheet, the * has nothing to do with school trippers as through out the whole list there is *'s on readings that aren't school trippers

_DSC7729.JPG

• 2 months later...

Archived