Best Express

pjbr40

7 ave still rock in manhattan hand down between 96 and chambers. when i was thinking about other express isnt much express at all. Take these two express: 1) 8 th ave is only skip two stop between chambers and 42 street.

2>6 ave express only skip 14 st and 23 st.

I'd have to go with the Queens Blvd Express line. Long, fast run along with some unique sounds made by the flanges running against the rails. Whenever I visit Queens Center Mall I usually watch a few trains race by Woodhaven Blvd before I get on my train. The m/m with the ponytail and glasses knows how to put those cars to work.

i was riding the q train from astoria today and it must travel 80 miles an hours in the 60 street tubes. boy that rock the coach good.

lol they only go up to 56-58. thats been a recorded fact for some time now lol =p... not mass transit system in america ever regularily hits 80 these days.

Best express runs in my opinion:

-(A)(D) NORTHBOUND from 59 to about 110th street when it starts getting slowed down

Not really theres 2 shot after 2 shot and some T/O's pretty much coast before the dip then wrap it backup still going 40 passing 110th and 116th.

Same situation like ENY to Euclid its 2 shot after 2 shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ct1qdV7NP0 (If you catch the right operator with the 68 or 68A its a joy ride!)

There are actually some really daring TO's on the (D), and (N) on the Fourth Avenue Line express tracks. They run the train extremely quickly, because it runs so quick everything becomes a blur. It used to happen a lot more when I was young, but I think they put a timer up now, but I have a feeling some TO's disobey that timer.

There are actually some really daring TO's on the (D), and (N) on the Fourth Avenue Line express tracks. They run the train extremely quickly, because it runs so quick everything becomes a blur. It used to happen a lot more when I was young, but I think they put a timer up now, but I have a feeling some TO's disobey that timer.

They don't disobey it. If they did the train would be tripped. They play chicken with the timer really, coming as close as they can to it before bringing the speed down.

I suppose you mean from 36th to Pacific trains can hit near 50 b\c that downhill Prospect to 4th Av even on the local the (R) can hit the mid to upper 30's.

My faves are:

(2)(3) 96 Street-Chambers either direction.

(4) 42 Street-Brooklyn Bridge S/B & 167 Street-Burnside Avenue N/B.

(5) same as the 4 & East 180 Street-3 Avenue 149 St AM Rush.

<6> Hunts Point Avenue to Parkchester either direction.

<7> Queensboro Plaza to Mets-Willets Pt either direction.

(A) 14 Street to 125 Street N/B although 59 Street-42 Street S/B is great.

(:( 34 Street to West 4 Street S/B and The Brighton Express either direction.

(D) same as the B in Manhattan and 36 Street-Pacific Street N/B.

(E) Union Turnpike to Queens Plaza on weekdays either direction.

(F) 71-Continental Avenues to 21 Street-Queensbridge either direction.

(J)(Z) Marcy Avenue-Myrtle Avenue either direction.

(N) 59 Street to Pacific Street N/B.

(Q) 34 Street to 14 Street-Union Square S/B even if its a short ride.

Not really theres 2 shot after 2 shot and some T/O's pretty much coast before the dip then wrap it backup still going 40 passing 110th and 116th.

Same situation like ENY to Euclid its 2 shot after 2 shot.

(If you catch the right operator with the 68 or 68A its a joy ride!)

I'm aware of that...but a good T/O will move that train all the way up. It's still one of the better express runs. Southbound is a very different story, however...

I consider an express run any time there's a really long distance between stations (including river tubes), or where you skip a station. With that said...

My faves...

As a C/R (IRT), 2006-2010:

(2) S/B 96-72, 72-42. Max noted speed, 49 leaving 50th before the timer. My classmate recorded 51.

(4)(5) S/B 42-14, Joralemon tube. N/B BB-14, 14-42, 86-125. Max noted speed, 52 in the tube.

(5) S/B Morris Pk-180. Hit the flyover at 41 before a timer.

(6) N/B Hunts Pt-Park. Max noted speed, 49 entering St Lawrence.

As a T/O (IND/BMT) 2010-now:

(A) S/B 59-42, 34-14. Max noted speed, 48 on a R32.

(B) N/B Kings Hwy-Newkirk. Max noted speed, 50 at Newkirk entering station, R68A (no I did not overrun it). I will do the rest of the Brighton express this fall and see what I get before the leaves come out.

(B)(D) S/B 34-W4. Max noted speed, 51 at the bottom of the hill before coming up into the station.

(E)(F) S/B Roosevelt-36. Max noted speed, 52 at the curve.

(F) N/B Rutgers tube. Max noted speed, 51 at the bottom of the tube.

(E)(M) N/B 53rd tube. Max noted speed, 48 at the bottom.

(R) S/B 60th tube. 58 on a R46. My (N) and (Q) are below that as the train takes an automatic brake at 50 (momentum will still push it into the mid 50s) and doesn't throw it away until its back to 48.

Places where the tube still clears on the post:

N/B Rutgers (F)

N/B 53rd (E)(M)

S/B 60th (R)

I think the (G) clears on the post S/B too.

Places where the tube still clears on the post:

N/B Rutgers (F)

N/B 53rd (E)(M)

S/B 60th (R)

I think the (G) clears on the post S/B too.

What about 161st to 155th on the local? sometimes I catch operators who don't brake(whether they do or don't) 99% of them fly in 155th and don't start braking till about 3 cars in.

My favorite to least favorite:

(E)(F) Queens blvd express (Hands down just plain the best & smoothest express line!)

I wish I can say the same about the (D) concourse line, but I cant, but on the contrary I love the (A)(D) CPW express!

(Q) Broadway express, I love taking the Q from Atlantic Ave to Harold Sq!

(2) 7 Ave express

(5) Lexington Ave express

What about 161st to 155th on the local? sometimes I catch operators who don't brake(whether they do or don't) 99% of them fly in 155th and don't start braking till about 3 cars in.

155 isn't on the post, its more power coast power. I like that one too (Ill do it later today a couple times) it didn't make my list since its a short tube, and the reason there's no brake until 1/3 in the station is because the hill is so pronounced, similar to W4. Don't even need a strong brake either, just a regular brake (~40 lbs or so)

155 isn't on the post, its more power coast power. I like that one too (Ill do it later today a couple times) it didn't make my list since its a short tube, and the reason there's no brake until 1/3 in the station is because the hill is so pronounced, similar to W4. Don't even need a strong brake either, just a regular brake (~40 lbs or so)

Interesting man thanks B)

Best

(4)(5) The fastest express in the city

(2)(3) its a good express train

(E)(F) real fast trip in queens

(A)(D) From 59-125 Street in one shot

Worst

(B) It only skips 14 and 23 Street. Other Wise its pretty much local not to mention its not that fast as an express in Brooklyn either

(A) Other than the express from 59-125 Sts its pretty slow for an express

Archived