Is Yukon going all express and Castleton going all local?

UlmerPark B6

I heard from some people on SubChat/BusChat that they gonna switch it in the Fall. Is it true?

I haven't heard that, but imo it would not make sinse logistically. The only advantage would be for maintenance issues. I'll have to ask my SI guy about that.

I highly doubt they're going to do that. It wouldn't make sense like ENY said.

Don't take everything that comes out on BusChat to heart because alot of them there usually get it wrong and info turns out to be shens. If a reliable person who usually gets it right thats on there says it and confirms it, yeah, no shens, unless someone else is playing with their minds. Alot of things out of foamer's dreams like to come out on that board....

someone goin around spreading rumors again....

anyway, I agree w/ everyone that's sayin such a move wouldn't make sense...

under this grand theory, the home of SI division HQ would run nothin but express buses.... and in terms of storage/capacity issues, there's no upside in moving all exp. buses to one depot & all locals to another....

this rumor is simply someone's pipe dream to have SI's buses consolidated/organized to two separate facilities....

This is a big lie. Why would they make one plant local and one plant express. Besides, those bus depots are not close to each other and the bus routes that they have are close to the depot. So by making one plant express and one local would equal massive chaos and delays in service. It wouldn't help anybody or anything.

I was waiting on the official word. Here is a e-mail I just recieved from MTA Casleton Hawk of TransitStuff. He's the reliable SI B/O source I was talking about.

MTA Casleton Hawk

This is absolutely untrue. The only similar truth is that Charleston will be express only which is untrue also, it will be the only SI depot with about 25-30 artics. SI tried that local deal back in 02, moving the 74,59,44,78 to Castleon, it lasted about 2 years and was over, its too much for the depot to handle, and more its maint. staff.

Archived