A rather interesting story results in Bx12 SBS rider count being exceeded by one

JubaionBx12+SBS

During my commute home from school today, which involves a (6) train ride and a transfer to Bx12 SBS, something rather interesting occured. A friend of mine who was taking the (6) from the same stop I was had insufficient fare on her metrocard. I decide to let her use a ride on my metrocard. When I go to pay for SBS the machine grants me a group transfer (I didn't know that existed.) and prints out 2 reciepts. The friend I let on doesn't use SBS so 2 transfers were granted to one person. What procedure allowed that to occur?

During my commute home from school today, which involves a (6) train ride and a transfer to Bx12 SBS, something rather interesting occured. A friend of mine who was taking the (6) from the same stop I was had insufficient fare on her metrocard. I decide to let her use a ride on my metrocard. When I go to pay for SBS the machine grants me a group transfer (I didn't know that existed.) and prints out 2 reciepts. The friend I let on doesn't use SBS so 2 transfers were granted to one person. What procedure allowed that to occur?

Metrocards can store up to 4 (I believe that's the right number) transfers. So since you swiped him in as well as yourself, you got two free transfers and thus got two SBS tickets.

• 2 months later...

Archived