Atlantic Ave and Pacific St stations

OA Pest

The name will probably be Atlantic Av-Pacific St-Barclays Center since the bank paid for naming rights to both the station and the arena.

As to the automated announcements, while it would be nice, I wouldn't expect them to be current the day the arena opens. It took them a few months for the trains to announce Jay St-MetroTech instead of Jay St-Borough Hall or Lawrence St and some (F) trains still incorrectly announce Broadway-Nassau instead of Fulton St when rerouted through the Cranberry Tubes.

The name will probably be Atlantic Av-Pacific St-Barclays Center since the bank paid for naming rights to both the station and the arena.

As to the automated announcements, while it would be nice, I wouldn't expect them to be current the day the arena opens. It took them a few months for the trains to announce Jay St-MetroTech instead of Jay St-Borough Hall or Lawrence St and some (F) trains still incorrectly announce Broadway-Nassau instead of Fulton St when rerouted through the Cranberry Tubes.

I thought it would be Atlantic Av-Barcleys Center...or Atlantic-Barcleys Center

I don't think they'll call it Atlantic Terminal, seeing as it isn't the terminus for any subway line. After all, we don't call the subway station under the railroad one Grand Central Terminal.

Well look at it logically. Do you really think that anyone looks at the name of a subway station and goes "oh shit...look at what they called that station. Damn, that Barclays bank must be all successful and shit...I think I'ma diversify my shit over there not with them cheap mothaf*ckas from Chase!"

???

In reality it's just a way for a corporation to buy a space to put their name. Basically like paying your neighbor for the right to take a shit on his lawn and leave it there. Mental masturbation at its finest.

Oh...but they'll pass the costs on to Barclays customers by way of "fees" though. And since many large businesses do business with Barclays, they'll pass those costs on to consumers. So even if you aren't a Barclays customer...you'll wind up paying more for something, even if it's gas that costs more because Barclays, and their clients, are energy speculators.

Everything is connected...

• 2 weeks later...

i hope they don't change it, because i don't want to hear "The Next Stop is, Atlantic Av-Barclays Center, I rather them change it to Atlantic Center, or Atlantic Av-Pacific St. LOL at Atlantic Avenue-Pacific St-Fulton-Lafayette.

They gonna change the name of the station to

Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center

(2)(3)(4)(5)(:((D)(N)(Q)(R)(LIRR)

Hopefully I'm wrong

They can rename it to whatever they'd like.... all I know is, I'm going to avoid that area like the plague.... to the point where I'll start taking B44's to LIRR Nostrand av, instead of taking the (2) to Atlantic to catch the LIRR there....

I don't do much venturing around downtown brooklyn much anymore anyway, so I guess the avoidance tactics is already starting....

Archived