No J between Broad Street to Fulton, 5:30 PM to 12:30 AM

Joel Up Front

Due to NYPD activity, between the hours of 5:30pm - 12:00am, there will be no (J) service in both directions from the Broad Street Station to the Fulton Street Station.

Quite a gap, but what happened?

Such a fixed time frame is hinting at me that it's an emergency drill or security for an event.

Such a fixed time frame is hinting at me that it's an emergency drill or security for an event.

Who knows. If it were an emergency drill, it would have been better to schedule it for tomorrow when the station would normally be closed anyway and you didn't have people leaving work at that time.

They're doing it again tomorrow starting at 5am, mentioned on twitter (@NYCTSubwayScoop). Wonder what's really going on.

Technically it never stopped since the (J) dosent run on weekends past Chambers.but yeah I wonder what's the deal here.

so how do they turn trains at Fulton St? When they had the (J) Shuttle for Chambers-Fulton it was one train running single track.

I think they'll run light from Fulton St to Broad and relay like normal at Broad St.

I had forgotten, but there apparently has been a major sit-in since Friday taking place down next to the NYSE (where the Broad Street (J)/(Z) station is), and I'm guessing NYSE officials and others are concerned that a protestor could go into that station and plant something that could cause serious damage to the exchange (not to mention people being killed or seriously injured).

I had forgotten, but there apparently has been a major sit-in since Friday taking place down next to the NYSE (where the Broad Street (J)/(Z) station is), and I'm guessing NYSE officials and others are concerned that a protestor could go into that station and plant something that could cause serious damage to the exchange (not to mention people being killed or seriously injured).
I saw in the papers today that the closure of Broad is because of that demonstration.

There is also major sit-in taking place in that plaza at Church/Liberty this whole week...keep seeing it everyday going to school. :eek:

Archived