Where does the 7's R62A go once this R188 stuff is completed?

R68 Subway Car

What? I never heard of any R-188, but I know newer R-142s on the (4) line have CBTC and will be placed on the (7) line... that means they'll probably remove all the signals as they're doing on the (L) line.

R188 is suppose to be the contract for installing CBTC equipment in R142 cars and/or the 11th car to each Flushing consist

Again, its tooo early to tell.

There is a high chance of them heading to the (6) with some to the (4). You COULD see some pop in temporary on the (1)(2)(3)(5) since it ill be moving time. But who knows.

The Question is, when will the R62A moves start since there maybe a small shortage of cars on the (4) with a few sets of R142As pulled from them.

You COULD see some pop in temporary on the (1)(2)(3)(5) since it ill be moving time. But who knows.

I highly doubt the R62A's will end up on the (2) & (5), even temporarily. The (2) & (5) constantly have to switch trains at Flatbush Ave & if they are R62A's it'll be a big pain going to each car individually switching from 2 to 5 or visa versa. as oppose to just a push of a button to switch it.

The real question I want to know is: will the single sets be arranged in 5-car sets and then linked? Ideally, Corona should send singles in the same number range ex: all the 1900s, then 2000s, etc.

They Will not link the single units, They will be future Work Motors in the future to save money, basically to replace the redbirds that do garbage pick ups and etc. so they will stay the same

and there is talk of the (5) getting the R62A's due to the fact it runs during the day only unlike the (1),(2),(4),(6) lines but its still too early to tell

I agree, it's a simple swap among 2 lines and simplifies things. Now whether they want the remaining R142A's on the (6) to stay there or move to the (4) [make the (4) have all the ML R142As and send the R142s to the (6) so it's all/mostly BBD trains] is another matter.

=

They Will not link the single units, They will be future Work Motors in the future to save money, basically to replace the redbirds that do garbage pick ups and etc. so they will stay the same

and there is talk of the (5) getting the R62A's due to the fact it runs during the day only unlike the (1),(2),(4),(6) lines but its still too early to tell

Even if they needed work motors, there's ~250 singles. There's no need for that many. THey could maybe link up the 2000s and 2100s and leave the 1900s as singles

I still disagree. (2)(5) shares north and south branches. It's simpler to have both lines run the same trains. (4)(6) are independent of each other and would be more ideal.

i had said this before but let me say it again, they are taking some of the (6) and the (4) kawas not all of them but a few. they arent taken any of the (2) or (5)s at all the extra R62s are going too the (6) and the (4) not too the (2) or (5) and i also hear that the CBTC isnt ready on the flushing line so it maybe a few more years before this is all rolled out

this has already been beaten and kicked to death in the other thread... was it necessary to start a new one? true to my word, i will repost this, again:

The most logical placement would be to the 6, so use of the LED indicators can be best utilized. The 6 currently runs 40 trainsets at any given time during peak hours and Westchester yard holds approximately 430 R142A's. The 7 runs 32 trains while Corona yard holds 409 R62A's. Transfering ALL of Corona's R62A's would just be enough to provide full rush hour service on the 6, spare factor aside. Where they'll come up with extra cars for the spare factor, I don't know. But I am guessing that they'll only need 360 of Westchester's R142A's for the conversion, that leaves 7 full trainsets that could function as the spare. I don't know how many more times I'll have to explain this, but I'll keep doing it until it actually happens.

this, is the most annoying thread thus far, we are like a bunch of monkeys fighting for a damn Banana! Get it together kiddies! if the (7) does get the R142A's their Trains are going to the (6)! thats how it works. the (6) is the ONLY line that has R142A's so if the (MTA) is taking sets from that line to give to the (7) the (7) car fleet will replace it. its not hard. idk where this (2)/(5) getting the R62's came from. They arent getting them, mock my words you wont see a R62 (5) or (2) train...yes for an OBVIOUS reason. My issue is, why is the (7) line pushin for CBTC when its NOT ready? i dont see nothing wrong with those R62's on the (7). if its overcrowding as the issue, the R142's CBTC wont make much of difference.

People keep mentioning the (4) because of it [maybe] having CBTC on the R142S or because they are newer. Now I don't know how much that means in any credibility of some sets coming from the (4) and going to the (7), but I can see where they are going with that idea.

I see it too but it means absolutely nothing until it actually happens, if it happens at all. We just need to sit back and watch it unfold.

There are 11 R142A consists on the (4) line. I don't know, nor do I really care, how many of those are the so-called R142Ss, but since there are going to be 360 conversions, the majority of those cars will come from Pelham. Deal with it.

There are 11 R142A consists on the (4) line. I don't know, nor do I really care, how many of those are the so-called R142Ss, but since there are going to be 360 conversions, the majority of those cars will come from Pelham. Deal with it.
yea thats what i was talking about, those are going they said not the kawas are the ones that are going not the bombardiers that are on the (2)(5)

Slight error on my part: there are actually 14 full length R142A trains at Jerome, not 11. I was going by the car assignment list that lists the numbers of cars that are in service, not the yard roster, which lists the total number of cars each yard has, including spares.

My point still stands though.

Forgive the person who said R62, I'm pretty sure they meant 62A. I know some may have took it as (3) line cars ending up on the (2)(5) but they probably meant the (7) which doesn't have 62s. I know some on here go billy-ho over original vs A classes, but from time to time one has to take a step back. The (4) was brought up over the fact that it isn't 100% R142 either.

Archived