RTS on Q44

R32 3838

The hybrids cannot go way faster than 55 mph. Ive rode on one over a brige before and it was slow!!! It didn't go any faster than 35 mph!! The RTS can go as fast as 65 mph. Heres a sound recordings to prove that RTSs are cabable of going high speeds.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c7SAar5d7wg

Btw Both RTSs in the two videos has an top speed of 65 MPH. The VII might be SIGHTLY faster at 0 to 15. But from 15 on up the RTSs are much faster!!!

Oh did i mention that the RTSs have a higher top speed?:P

What? Have you EVER took a ride on the Q10 or B15? They do over 60MPH with ease. I have been on the RTS many times and it was redlining in 4th gear only going 50-55MPH BEGGING for an upshift. An Orion VII CNG with a removed/damaged speed limiter goes way faster. The RTS isn't all that fast. On a side note the V CNG beats all of these. The ZF RTS can go a little faster than the Allison one though. It has 3 close ratio gears, 1 normal gear, then 2 long gears. Expect video evidence of this by the end of the week.

For the record and just out of curiosity, I'd like to know which line in each of the boroughs has had the most accidents.

The Bx: I would say the Bx10. It's the only NYC route that killed 3-4 people in a year.

error: Maybe CS has some special O5's because the rest of them are slow as hell. Getting to and staying at 25 mph is a huge challenge for most of the 400-600 series.

From personal experience, a 6400 on the X32 is a lot faster than a 9200. I would say the O5 CNG are fastest then, the O7 HEV/CNG, RTS, Artics and in dead last O5.

Archived