Millennium Transit Services News & Current Events

East New York

• 2 months later...

MTS is now confirmed to have proposals in the works for 323 High Floor, and 1,210 Low Floor buses that would potentially be delivered between 2012 and 2018.

Some of the agencies included...

Ann Arbor Transportation Authority

Cleveland RTA

Gardena Municipal Bus Lines

Golden Gate Transportation District

Long Beach Transit

MBTA

New Jersey Transit

New York MTA

Pueblo Transit

RIPTA

Texas A&M

TTC

The names of the other prospective agencies are being withheld at this time.

As more information becomes available, I will be sure to post.:cool:

• 4 months later...

Download and collect the new 2012 RTS brochures for yourself!

RTS Extreme Low Floor brochure coming soon!

http://millenniumtransit.com/rts-extreme.html

Legend High Floor

http://millenniumtransit.com/rts-legend.html

Super Suburban Express (Class exclusive 42.5 footer included)

http://millenniumtransit.com/rts-express.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The New Millennium Transit Services is officially a go. Press release to follow in the coming weeks.

Out with the old, and in with the new. MTS will officially begin production with 2 buses on the line. The first of which is for a for:eign customer that will be announced soon. The second is a 42.5 foot high floor for MTA.

Fact of the day: The new RTS will feature a fresh all-new front end, as Millennium has officially discontinued the the original TMC design. Classic front end styling will continue to be available on the RTS Legend classic front door model.

Congratulations Millennium! Can't wait to read that upcoming press release!

Update: MTS staff is currently getting a 40ft HF demo ready for a few prospective customers, and preparing their first new proposal for a low floor bid in 6 years! The winner of the bid will be announced by years end. As soon as I am permitted to say which agency this is, I will be sure to post.

In addition, MTS is making final preparations to begin building MTA's high floor.

Is it still going to be built in modules like the original RTS? Because if it's not, there's no point in calling it an RTS...

Same structure as always (excluding the fact that MTS buses are all T-Drive). The front will just finally get a face lift.

• 3 weeks later...

MTS is now confirmed to have proposals in the works for 323 High Floor, and 1,210 Low Floor buses that would potentially be delivered between 2012 and 2018.

Some of the agencies included...

Ann Arbor Transportation Authority

Cleveland RTA

Gardena Municipal Bus Lines

Golden Gate Transportation District

Long Beach Transit

MBTA

New Jersey Transit

New York MTA

Pueblo Transit

RIPTA

Texas A&M

TTC

The names of the other prospective agencies are being withheld at this time.

As more information becomes available, I will be sure to post.:cool:

Hey. ENY, are these still prospective agencies MTS is going after or are thier priorities on larger orders.

Much appreciated, thanks.

• 1 month later...

BREAKING NEWS! As MTS pushes forward hard, this is the best time for them to enter the market as Orion exits. The high floor pilot for the lead customer is ready to roll, with a possible 1,275 more high floors to follow. At this time, the name of the lead customer remains confidential.

Low Floor update: After nearly 4 months of speculation, I was able to confirm that MTS is bidding on the Chicago Transit Authority's solicitation for 300 40 foot buses, with an option for an additional 150 units.

Fact of the day. Chicago was the launch customer for the RTS-08....... Will they potentially make history and be the launch customer for the RTS-10?? Only time will truly tell as MTS goes head-to-head with the heavyweights, also known as New Flyer and Nova. New comer BYD is also said to be bidding on the contract as well.

Hey. ENY, are these still prospective agencies MTS is going after or are thier priorities on larger orders.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the list above are some of the agencies MTS is tracking, and will likely have some type of talks with then in the near future.

BREAKING NEWS! As MTS pushes forward hard, this is the best time for them to enter the market as Orion exits. The high floor pilot for the lead customer is ready to roll, with a possible 1,275 more high floors to follow. At this time, the name of the lead customer remains confidential.

Low Floor update: After nearly 4 months of speculation, I was able to confirm that MTS is bidding on the Chicago Transit Authority's solicitation for 300 40 foot buses, with an option for an additional 150 units.

Fact of the day. Chicago was the launch customer for the RTS-08....... Will they potentially make history and be the launch customer for the RTS-10?? Only time will truly tell as MTS goes head-to-head with the heavyweights, also known as New Flyer and Nova. New comer BYD is also said to be bidding on the contract as well.

Excellent

Edited by via White Plains Road

• 2 months later...

Makes sense

I was just checking because NovaBus seems to be taking the U.S by storm from Houston to Philly they are really getting good business and theres no activity from coming from MTS.

I honestly think they have a chance but the way Nova's been pulling people left and right the window for Millenniums comeback might be shrinking in my opinion -_-

• 2 weeks later...

MTS can only bid and take on certain orders because the production line has not ramped up yet. Nova however has had the LFS out since they purchased the RTS, and had not made any significant orders for over 15 years. They are now making a comeback because of their new marketing strategy, US manufacturing facility, and the current visibility they have. They also have Volvo Money.... MTS has local money....

MTS can only bid and take on certain orders because the production line has not ramped up yet. Nova however has had the LFS out since they purchased the RTS, and had not made any significant orders for over 15 years. They are now making a comeback because of their new marketing strategy, US manufacturing facility, and the current visibility they have. They also have Volvo Money.... MTS has local money....

Significant orders? Guess you havent been to Quebec in the past 15 years then.

Significant orders? Guess you havent been to Quebec in the past 15 years then.

I should have clarified I was talking about the US market. Theyy had a few orders sprinked here and there, but did not really have a presence here until they built the plant, and was awarded 3 test bus awards (Prevost included) by the MTA.