Veolia Gearing Up to Slash LI Bus Service Next Year

mark1447

No = I had to cross the VB every week for over five years and the lower deck was always under construction. I don't see where LIB comes into there.

Very simple... We here in NYC have been supplementing your transit system for years. The toll on the Verrazano has been going up and up and up and then the (MTA) takes those monies and uses it to supplement transportation on Long Island, which is insane. It is no secret that New York City has been subsidizing LIB for years and finally it has ended.

In short, you guys are feeling the pain that should've been felt years ago. If Nassau can't afford to pay for its own transit then cuts have to be made and clearly the residents seem to agree overall w/Mangano. They also voted down the new Nassau Coliseum, so if the money is there, perhaps you should tell Mangano where it is. It can't run for free...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, according to everybody else, there are a reasonable amount of students waiting at NCC, and I'm sure you have some LI residents waiting at the colleges along the N20 route, as well as Hofstra and whatever other colleges are out there.

Overall, yes it's more car-centric than SI, but when you consider only the areas with bus service, it isn't that much more car-centric than SI. Overall, the cost per passenger is similar to SI (around $2.50 per passenger)

I mean, in a sense, college students are fairly poor. They don't have many expenses, but they don't have any job that's sufficient to pay for a car. Maybe their parents gave them a car, but in the areas with bus service, I don't think it's as commonplace as you think it is.

no offense

but students there are dumb enough to use cabs they will figure something out NOT. yes they crowd the buses BUT those colleges NEED TO PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE. If they want good service then they need to subsidise rtes like N20,N35,other rtes I have planned, as well as all college rtes especially N45. N46 needs to reroute via NCC and eisenhower county park it really does not need hempstead instead help out with crowding at NCC

What do you mean so what? The stigma is the exact reason why service will be cut. You cannot expect people to pay for something when most of them could give two sh*ts if it was around anyway since they don't use them. I find it interesting how you're go gung ho about Long Island keeping their bus service which they can't afford and having taxpayers foot the bill, but you advocate for cutting bus service on Staten Island using the same notion that folks can't afford to pay for it. What's worse about Long Island they've been mooching off of New York taxpayers for years now because they couldn't afford their own bus service, depriving us of better express bus service on Staten Island and the (MTA) has used the Verrazano for years to supplement their service. :tdown: :tdown: They can run empty buses on Long Island and have taxpayers foot the bill, but we can't have empty buses running in the boroughs though right?? ;)

Oh please... You yourself said that many of the buses are empty on Long Island, so spare me. If the taxpayers can't afford it then it has to go. Where do you propose that they get the money from?? That's the question that everyone refuses to answer. The good news is that we don't have to supplement their service anymore. That money can come back to us to give us better express bus service on Staten Island and perhaps create an opportunity for that S83 and that you've been wanting. ;)

Not just a handful of people... You yourself have even said it, and now suddenly you care so much about folks in the suburbs?? Really?? :confused:

Really?? Actions speak louder than words. If folks really cared about transit out there, then Mangano wouldn't have been able to do what he did without some sort of uproar and he has been moving quite easily in making this change, so clearly the majority out there could care less so long as their taxes don't go up.

you sir are beyond selfish and arrogant hence why no one takes SI express threads seriously. no one cares cause they were never able to use the bus system even IF THEY WANTED TO

1) So let's get rid of every single local bus on SI, because they have a stigma attached to them and half of SI residents have probably never set foot on them.

Oh stop trying to twist it already. My point was that folks out on Long Island are not going to say anything about keeping service if they have to pay for it and the stigma that local buses have out there doesn't help either. That's the point. I'm not saying cut anything. I'm simply stating why many lines will be cut. One is the lack of funds and two is the stigma.

And I wouldn't support cuts that extreme in SI either. Even though the S54/S55/S56 run empty, I wouldn't advocate for their elimination. A headway reduction yes, but not outright elimination.

Oh please, but you support slashing express buses though completely like the BM4. Service is service and some of those Long Island buses DO run empty whether you want to admit or not. ;)

Yeah, obviously I don't think NYC should be subsidizing them, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be subsidized.

Well hey, that's not our problem. I mean that's Nassau's thing and if they don't have the money for it, then what are we supposed to do? I vehemently oppose any funding coming from NYC to support their system. They've nicked and dimed us for years. :mad: :tdown: Hell, our population is exploding on Staten Island and we need all of express bus service we can get. BTW, I'll be attending the (MTA) Board meeting next Wednesday to continue my push for more express bus service on Staten Island and to follow up on the S83 proposal. ;)

2) I never said they're empty. I said they're not crushloaded. There's a difference, and like I said, if a bus can get decent ridership, then keep it.

That's the thing though... Many routes that will be slashed on Long Island have low ridership... ;)

See my S55/S56 analogy as far as empty buses are concerned. I wouldn't want them to have a ridiculous amount of service, but basic coverage should be provided.

Yeah well apparently Nassau can't even afford that.

And don't forget the S93 extension. ;)

I didn't, I just tried to avoid mentioning it. lol

4) Well, many have similar opinions as you: Many in the more suburban areas see areas like Hempstead as drains on the county and could care less about what happens to them. As far as people within Hempstead, and areas like that, part of the problem is that the people who are most affected by the cuts usually don't speak up.

Yeah well they've certainly been draining our pockets for years. :mad: Now they're crying broke when they've been broke for years, as if this is something new. :(

Very simple... We here in NYC have been supplementing your transit system for years. The toll on the Verrazano has been going up and up and up and then the (MTA) takes those monies and uses it to supplement transportation on Long Island, which is insane. It is no secret that New York City has been subsidizing LIB for years and finally it has ended.

In short, you guys are feeling the pain that should've been felt years ago. If Nassau can't afford to pay for its own transit then cuts have to be made and clearly the residents seem to agree overall w/Mangano. They also voted down the new Nassau Coliseum, so if the money is there, perhaps you should tell Mangano where it is. It can't run for free...

Yeah, but it's also being used to subsidize the LIRR and MNRR, but apparently you don't care about that because it's being used by "affluent people".

And like I said, if the people that are actually affected by these reductions actually spoke up, maybe he would give them more funding.

1) no offense

but students there are dumb enough to use cabs they will figure something out NOT. yes they crowd the buses BUT those colleges NEED TO PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE. If they want good service then they need to subsidise rtes like N20,N35,other rtes I have planned, as well as all college rtes especially N45. N46 needs to reroute via NCC and eisenhower county park it really does not need hempstead instead help out with crowding at NCC

2) you sir are beyond selfish and arrogant hence why no one takes SI express threads seriously. no one cares cause they were never able to use the bus system even IF THEY WANTED TO

1) Well, you have to consider that the colleges also provide an anchor for the bus route and generate ridership.

I mean, most of the NCC routes (I can't list them off the topc of my head) serve the RFM. What's an extra little bit to better serve the college students? And the colleges on the N20 would have to be served anyway unless the buses were cut back from Hicksville completely.

2) There are gaps in the SI network, but unusable is an exaggeration (unless you're talking about Nassau).

1) Oh stop trying to twist it already. My point was that folks out on Long Island are not going to say anything about keeping service if they have to pay for it and the stigma that local buses have out there doesn't help either. That's the point. I'm not saying cut anything. I'm simply stating why many lines will be cut. One is the lack of funds and two is the stigma.

2) Oh please, but you support slashing express buses though completely like the BM4. Service is service and some of those Long Island buses DO run empty whether you want to admit or not. ;)

3) Well hey, that's not our problem. I mean that's Nassau's thing and if they don't have the money for it, then what are we supposed to do? I vehemently oppose any funding coming from NYC to support their system. They've nicked and dimed us for years. :mad: :tdown: Hell, our population is exploding on Staten Island and we need all of express bus service we can get. BTW, I'll be attending the (MTA) Board meeting next Wednesday to continue my push for more express bus service on Staten Island and to follow up on the S83 proposal. ;)

4) That's the thing though... Many routes that will be slashed on Long Island have low ridership... ;)

5) Yeah well apparently Nassau can't even afford that.

6) I didn't, I just tried to avoid mentioning it. lol

1) Alright. And I'm saying that the people being affected are beng relatively quiet.

2) Does the N74 have an alternative? How about the N50? The BM4 isn't comparable to any of the routes because it has an alternative (and it's much more expensive than any Nassau route, but that's another story).

3) And you're telling me there's no waste in Nassau that could be cut to support the bus service. Obviously, NYC shouldn't subsidize them.

4) And they'll leave people stranded if they are cut. I'm not saying to run a bus every 5 minutes, but there should be basic service in those areas.

5) Or they just don't want to pay. There's a difference.

6) Just don't forget to mention it on Wednesday. ;)

Yeah, but it's also being used to subsidize the LIRR and MNRR, but apparently you don't care about that because it's being used by "affluent people".

Oh please... The LIRR and MNRR DO make stops in the city and we do use it. I most certainly will be using the MNRR when I move to Riverdale and last time I checked, Riverdale was in the Bronx, so we should be subsidizing the MNRR and the LIRR too because the LIRR makes stops in Brooklyn and Queens.

And like I said, if the people that are actually affected by these reductions actually spoke up, maybe he would give them more funding.

Yeah well isn't that always the problem... ;)

1) Well, you have to consider that the colleges also provide an anchor for the bus route and generate ridership.

I mean, most of the NCC routes (I can't list them off the topc of my head) serve the RFM. What's an extra little bit to better serve the college students? And the colleges on the N20 would have to be served anyway unless the buses were cut back from Hicksville completely.

Yeah well that anchor apparently isn't big enough...

1) Alright. And I'm saying that the people being affected are beng relatively quiet.

Yeah, that too...

2) Does the N74 have an alternative? How about the N50? The BM4 isn't comparable to any of the routes because it has an alternative (and it's much more expensive than any Nassau route, but that's another story).

Service is service. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't support running empty buses on Long Island because mainly poor folks use them, but then be for axing the BM4 because it is used by more affluent folks. Talk about class warfare. ;)

3) And you're telling me there's no waste in Nassau that could be cut to support the bus service. Obviously, NYC shouldn't subsidize them.

Maybe, but in any event NYC shouldn't be subsidizing LIB.

4) And they'll leave people stranded if they are cut. I'm not saying to run a bus every 5 minutes, but there should be basic service in those areas.

Yeah well that happened here in NYC... Ahem S54 for starters... People will have to adjust...

Well tell us then where the money could come from... Let's see the stats... ;)

LMAO.... Oh, I'll leave that for you... I'm not having them cut me off... :eek: Besides I've got bigger fish to try aka the X10... :mad:

1)Oh please... The LIRR and MNRR DO make stops in the city and we do use it. I most certainly will be using the MNRR when I move to Riverdale and last time I checked, Riverdale was in the Bronx, so we should be subsidizing the MNRR and the LIRR too because the LIRR makes stops in Brooklyn and Queens.

2) Yeah well that anchor apparently isn't big enough...

3) Service is service. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't support running empty buses on Long Island because mainly poor folks use them, but then be for axing the BM4 because it is used by more affluent folks. Talk about class warfare. ;)

4) Maybe, but in any event NYC shouldn't be subsidizing LIB.

5) Yeah well that happened here in NYC... Ahem S54 for starters... People will have to adjust...

6) Well tell us then where the money could come from... Let's see the stats... ;)

7) LMAO.... Oh, I'll leave that for you... I'm not having them cut me off... :eek: Besides I've got bigger fish to try aka the X10... :mad:

1) I didn't know SIers used Metro-North and the LIRR. That's news to me. I thought we used express buses. ;)

2) Eh, it helps some of the routes. If JQP is correct, and there really are 10-20 standees on some routes, I consider that pretty good.

I mean, it's better than them ending in the middle of nowhere.

3) Uh, no. I supported the N73 and N80 being eliminated because they parallel the N74 and N81. You're going to come up with any excuse to defend the BM4.

4) I think we've established that several times.

5) Yeah, and the S54 should've been strengthened by sending it to St. George rather than being cut.

6) You know my plan for education. That helps the students and the county at the same time.

7) Just say that you spoke last time regarding the S83 and they never got back to you, and then just mention that I helped with the numbers and submitted my own proposal, and they never got back to me either.

I mean, I might be able to go to Lower Manhattan into annoying a certain somebody into refuting my numbers (or else giving me proof that they're actually working on my proposal), but it would definitely help if it were made known that we're not getting a response.

2) There are gaps in the SI network, but unusable is an exaggeration (unless you're talking about Nassau).

dude If they cut N20 away from hicksville then ronkonkoma LIRR will lose some ridership from students heading to those colleges. N20 needs to be timed with inbound ronkonkoma trains and most outbound trains. Heck make N81 go to LIU via syosset it is already timed with ronkonkoma trains this makes it a crosstown then rush hr service can be made even at the expense of weekend service. N74 if it doesn't extend will get axed there is nothing around that.

Oh please... The LIRR and MNRR DO make stops in the city and we do use it. I most certainly will be using the MNRR when I move to Riverdale and last time I checked, Riverdale was in the Bronx, so we should be subsidizing the MNRR and the LIRR too because the LIRR makes stops in Brooklyn and Queens.

Yeah well isn't that always the problem... ;)

Yeah well that anchor apparently isn't big enough...

Yeah, that too...

Service is service. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't support running empty buses on Long Island because mainly poor folks use them, but then be for axing the BM4 because it is used by more affluent folks. Talk about class warfare. ;)

Maybe, but in any event NYC shouldn't be subsidizing LIB.

Yeah well that happened here in NYC... Ahem S54 for starters... People will have to adjust...

Well tell us then where the money could come from... Let's see the stats... ;)

LMAO.... Oh, I'll leave that for you... I'm not having them cut me off... :eek: Besides I've got bigger fish to try aka the X10... :mad:

UR FORGETTING ONE THING LIB makes TIMED transfers with several LIRR trains so in a way they indirectly serve the city now hmm THINK before you speak snob

IDIOT LIB serves queens and BM4 in it's form is utterly useless heck it has too many alternatives if you used it more the added weekend service would not have been wasted FOOLS!!!!!!!! BM4 had 3 sat trips before MTA take over for a reason!!!!!!!!!! N50 needs a reroute cause it does nothing!!!!!! send it down centennial where service is needed.

1) I didn't know SIers used Metro-North and the LIRR. That's news to me. I thought we used express buses. ;)

Well I didn't know Staten Islanders were confined to just used transportation on Staten Island. I do travel outside of Staten Island you know and the LIRR and MNRR are handy when I need them to go to other places in the city or to Long Island, etc.

2) Eh, it helps some of the routes. If JQP is correct, and there really are 10-20 standees on some routes, I consider that pretty good.

Yeah well some folks tend to exaggerate... ;)

3) Uh, no. I supported the N73 and N80 being eliminated because they parallel the N74 and N81. You're going to come up with any excuse to defend the BM4.

Well of course, somebody has to stand up for us express bus riders and esp. areas that are underserved and are suburban and more affluent otherwise they'd cut all of our service... :mad:

Yeah well you keep saying it shouldn't be cut as if we should feel bad and pony up funds to subsidize them after all of these years. Cheapos... :mad:

7) Just say that you spoke last time regarding the S83 and they never got back to you, and then just mention that I helped with the numbers and submitted my own proposal, and they never got back to me either.

I mean, I might be able to go to Lower Manhattan into annoying a certain somebody into refuting my numbers (or else giving me proof that they're actually working on my proposal), but it would definitely help if it were made known that we're not getting a response.

Oh I'll find a way to take a jab but nicely... ;)

5) Yeah, and the S54 should've been strengthened by sending it to St. George rather than being cut.

6) You know my plan for education. That helps the students and the county at the same time.

1) do you really think SIers would stay in SI and rot in boredom???? of course they use LIRR and MNRR every borough has it's share of LIRR and MNRR ppl don't even get me started on NJ.

2)err you aren't one with vision kid N74 and N80 end in nowhere hence why they have low ridership you still don't understand.

3) cmon now you can come up with a better idea than that!!!!!!! sad.

5) err what point of transfer at victory or use S40 do you not get!!!!!!!!!! S54 is a north and south line therefore is better off sent to NJ. let another line eat manor rd again transfer to victory blvd meandering is dumb only dumb ppl will stay on S54 all the way to St george.

This is LI thread NOT SI OK VIA 8 AND CHECKMATE13 YOU 2 PLZ STOP

1) dude If they cut N20 away from hicksville then ronkonkoma LIRR will lose some ridership from students heading to those colleges. N20 needs to be timed with inbound ronkonkoma trains and most outbound trains. Heck make N81 go to LIU via syosset it is already timed with ronkonkoma trains this makes it a crosstown then rush hr service can be made even at the expense of weekend service. N74 if it doesn't extend will get axed there is nothing around that.

But that's my point: The N20 has to serve Hicksville anyway, so it is actually beneficial for LIB to serve the colleges as it gets more ridership.

1) Well I didn't know Staten Islanders were confined to just used transportation on Staten Island. I do travel outside of Staten Island you know and the LIRR and MNRR are handy when I need them to go to other places in the city or to Long Island, etc.

2) Yeah well some folks tend to exaggerate... ;)

3) Well of course, somebody has to stand up for us express bus riders and esp. areas that are underserved and are suburban and more affluent otherwise they'd cut all of our service... :mad:

4) Yeah well you keep saying it shouldn't be cut as if we should feel bad and pony up funds to subsidize them after all of these years. Cheapos... :mad:

5) Oh I'll find a way to take a jab but nicely... ;)

1) Yeah, but they aren't the majority. A few SIers going to Westchester or LI are being subsidized by all of the tolls that are supposed to help the local and express service here.

2) I could believe that it happens sometimes. Maybe after a main dismissal period or something. I don't think they are regularly crushloaded, but NCC definitely helps boost the ridership.

3) The last time I checked, the X10 and X17 weren't going to be cut. No way would they eliminate the entire express system, and most people here feel that way. I could care less about the demographics of the riders, but if the service isn't anywhere near covering its costs, it should be eliminated, unless it's absolutely the only service in the area.

If the BM4 had a seated load or even half a seated load on every off-peak trip, then by all means let them keep their service.

4) Yeah, we should feel bad, but I repeatedly said we shouldn't be subsidizing them. I don't think I could've made that any clearer.

5) :tup:

1) do you really think SIers would stay in SI and rot in boredom???? of course they use LIRR and MNRR every borough has it's share of LIRR and MNRR ppl don't even get me started on NJ.

2)err you aren't one with vision kid N74 and N80 end in nowhere hence why they have low ridership you still don't understand.

3) cmon now you can come up with a better idea than that!!!!!!! sad.

5) err what point of transfer at victory or use S40 do you not get!!!!!!!!!! S54 is a north and south line therefore is better off sent to NJ. let another line eat manor rd again transfer to victory blvd meandering is dumb only dumb ppl will stay on S54 all the way to St george.

This is LI thread NOT SI OK VIA 8 AND CHECKMATE13 YOU 2 PLZ STOP

1) Like I said, the majority of SIers don't want LI or Westchester.

2) What do the N74 and N80 have to do with NCC?

3) What???? And like I said (for the 1,001st time), even if it attracts riders, any extension will still cost money.

5) Or tired people who don't want to be bothered with making a transfer. Plus, people on the hill in St. George would have access to Manor Road for the first time.

And who are you to tell us what to talk about? And we're not discussing SI routes: We're discussing SI as it relates to Nassau.

Well apparently he had $$ for new ballfields, $25 Million exactly..

I agree its Nassau County's fault, they've reduced their contribution to LI Bus and the MTA had enough and walked away. And thats what Veolia should be doing as well. Let the buses shut down completely and Mangano be villified when the chaos ensues...in a way it needs to happen so your typical ignorant Nassau resident feels it!

Those snobs who think they dont depend on the bus will feel it, in longer waits for their Dunkin Donuts, no one to mow their lawn or wash their car, and they can forget about getting a nanny. Then the taxes will go up as businesses leave. People in this county take Long Island Bus for granted.

Well apparently he had $$ for new ballfields, $25 Million exactly..

I agree its Nassau County's fault, they've reduced their contribution to LI Bus and the MTA had enough and walked away. And thats what Veolia should be doing as well. Let the buses shut down completely and Mangano be villified when the chaos ensues...in a way it needs to happen so your typical ignorant Nassau resident feels it!

Those snobs who think they dont depend on the bus will feel it, in longer waits for their Dunkin Donuts, no one to mow their lawn or wash their car, and they can forget about getting a nanny. Then the taxes will go up as businesses leave. People in this county take Long Island Bus for granted.

Seriously, what the fück is up with you stereotyping the riders like this?

And who are you to tell us what to talk about? And we're not discussing SI routes: We're discussing SI as it relates to Nassau.

He's been fanning on one too many "rtes" today... ;)

LOL... Well he does have a point... I mean tell me the percentage of poor folks that use LIB?? I would imagine it would be similar to Staten Island in terms of poor folks using the local buses here.

I don't get it either that is what other LI folk do and hence the stigma forms from that. @ checkmate again the extension alone costs money BUT extension to an area where SEVERAL HIGH RIDERSHIP routes end cancels that out plus the ridership boost which means buses become more efficient than ever. Manor rd WE SHOULD NOT CREATE RTES FOR LAZY ASSES. Again I will never agree to send S54 to st george ever.

Pinepower you better watch it that same stereotyping is the attitude that breeded hate towards bus rtes here

He's been fanning on one too many "rtes" today... ;)

LOL... Well he does have a point... I mean tell me the percentage of poor folks that use LIB?? I would imagine it would be similar to Staten Island in terms of poor folks using the local buses here.

Staten Island =/= Long Island just because people drive more on both islands.

You have a point that it's mostly the lower middle class (not necessarily the poor) using the buses. Like I said, the average autoless household on SI makes about $30,000, and in Nassau, it's around $40,000, compared to a median income of around $70,000 and $90,000 respectively (I forget the exact numbers).

I mean, if you think about it, why would a person earning $90,000 a year want to wait 20 minutes and pack onto a bus with people from (what they perceive as) bad neighborhoods (and I'm not debating that in this thread) when they can jump in their car?

I mean, intracounty riders are either people who can't afford a car (who don't necessarily have to be poor, but lower-middle class), students, or seniors. You may see higher income riders traveling to the ferry (or in the case of Nassau, the NYC subway)

1) I don't get it either that is what other LI folk do and hence the stigma forms from that. @ checkmate again the extension alone costs money BUT extension to an area where SEVERAL HIGH RIDERSHIP routes end cancels that out plus the ridership boost which means buses become more efficient than ever. Manor rd WE SHOULD NOT CREATE RTES FOR LAZY ASSES. Again I will never agree to send S54 to st george ever.

Pinepower you better watch it that same stereotyping is the attitude that breeded hate towards bus rtes here

I still think you're overestimating the ridership. It'll make it more efficient, but not to the point where the extension pays for itself.

As far as the S54 goes, not everybody who wants to avoid a transfer is lazy. They could be tired, or the weather could be cold or hot (who wants to stand out in 20 degree or 100 degree weather to transfer, even if it's only for a few minutes), or they could have a disability.

ot everybody who wants to avoid a transfer is lazy. They could be tired, or the weather could be cold or hot (who wants to stand out in 20 degree or 100 degree weather to transfer, even if it's only for a few minutes)

I did and have for years now. I'd rather be on a crowded Orion V with crappy heat than walking.

You have a point that it's mostly the lower middle class (not necessarily the poor) using the buses. Like I said, the average autoless household on SI makes about $30,000, and in Nassau, it's around $40,000, compared to a median income of around $70,000 and $90,000 respectively (I forget the exact numbers).

I mean, if you think about it, why would a person earning $90,000 a year want to wait 20 minutes and pack onto a bus with people from (what they perceive as) bad neighborhoods (and I'm not debating that in this thread) when they can jump in their car?

I mean, intracounty riders are either people who can't afford a car (who don't necessarily have to be poor, but lower-middle class), students, or seniors. You may see higher income riders traveling to the ferry (or in the case of Nassau, the NYC subway)

I still think you're overestimating the ridership. It'll make it more efficient, but not to the point where the extension pays for itself.

As far as the S54 goes, not everybody who wants to avoid a transfer is lazy. They could be tired, or the weather could be cold or hot (who wants to stand out in 20 degree or 100 degree weather to transfer, even if it's only for a few minutes), or they could have a disability.

ridership is just a small taste of it the goal is to keep buses on busy routes as often as possible without cutting out areas and preventing cuts

these class debates/discussions on here are gettin out of hand....

You have a SERIOUS envy of rich people...

Everyone can't keep up with the Jones'... that's life... deal with it.

Is it so hard to make whatever points you want to make about the bus system without implicating the lifestyle of the goddamn rich...

See above.

it's two-fold.....

these class debates/discussions on here are gettin out of hand....

You have a SERIOUS envy of rich people...

Everyone can't keep up with the Jones'... that's life... deal with it.

Is it so hard to make whatever points you want to make about the bus system without implicating the lifestyle of the goddamn rich...

See above.

it's two-fold.....

All I'm trying to say is many people underestimate the importance of Long Island Bus service in this county.

I don't get it either that is what other LI folk do and hence the stigma forms from that. @ checkmate again the extension alone costs money BUT extension to an area where SEVERAL HIGH RIDERSHIP routes end cancels that out plus the ridership boost which means buses become more efficient than ever. Manor rd WE SHOULD NOT CREATE RTES FOR LAZY ASSES. Again I will never agree to send S54 to st george ever.

I know, I'm just trying to make some examples of why everyone needs a good bus system, whether you take the bus or not.

All I'm trying to say is many people underestimate the importance of Long Island Bus service in this county.

....and I'm telling you It aint just the rich.

you like to imply that A LOT.

Don't sit there & act like your average joe don't take the LIRR WITHIN Nassau county b/c they want to avoid the buses.... You NEVER mention that in any of your posts on here, or your vid commentary.... yeah, b/c that has shit to do with those you envy so much... that boils down to Personal Preference....

Have you tell it, everyone in Nassau county that aint rich, are riding the buses in full force, all day...

(which would be a hell of a lot more than the 100k or so riders that LIB does get)

....and I aint just talkin about the damn "illegals" either....

Don't sit there & act like your average joe don't take the LIRR WITHIN Nassau county b/c they want to avoid the buses.... You NEVER mention that in any of your posts on here, or your vid commentary.... yeah, b/c that has shit to do with those you envy so much... that boils down to Personal Preference....

Have you tell it, everyone in Nassau county that aint rich, are riding the buses in full force, all day...

(which would be a hell of a lot more than the 100k or so riders that LIB does get)

LMAO... I had that feeling...

PPL use LIRR within nassau and suffolk ALOT!!!!!! sometimes to connect to LIB or SCT bus rtes HOWEVER the buses in LI in MOST cases DO NOT duplicate the LIRR and as a result ppl do not use LIRR to avoid buses they use LIRR to reach places that a bus doesn't reach directly alone. In rage cases ppl who are very familiar with the bus rtes use LIRR to cut travel time so they can get a bus that is more direct to their destination.

@pine power you need to really know the structure of LIB to realize how useless it really is and difficult and indirect the lines are. As a result many MIDDLE-CLASS and even poor folk NOT just the rich CAN'T conveniently use the bus system. Many don't know how to use transit in LI and use the wrong combination of buses and end up hating the LIB when really they are at fault for using the wrong lines. From city-data a sorry sap used N19 to N40 to reach roosevelt field from massepequa!!!!!!!!!!! He was DOING IT WAY WRONG!!!! The fastest way was actually N55/54 to N43/45 since the N55's path was more direct. Had that person known that he wouldn't have been burned with the slow bus and his viewpoint would have been different.

PPL use LIRR within nassau and suffolk ALOT!!!!!! sometimes to connect to LIB or SCT bus rtes HOWEVER the buses in LI in MOST cases DO NOT duplicate the LIRR and as a result ppl do not use LIRR to avoid buses they use LIRR to reach places that a bus doesn't reach directly alone. In rage cases ppl who are very familiar with the bus rtes use LIRR to cut travel time so they can get a bus that is more direct to their destination.

@pine power you need to really know the structure of LIB to realize how useless it really is and difficult and indirect the lines are. As a result many MIDDLE-CLASS and even poor folk NOT just the rich CAN'T conveniently use the bus system. Many don't know how to use transit in LI and use the wrong combination of buses and end up hating the LIB when really they are at fault for using the wrong lines. From city-data a sorry sap used N19 to N40 to reach roosevelt field from massepequa!!!!!!!!!!! He was DOING IT WAY WRONG!!!! The fastest way was actually N55/54 to N43/45 since the N55's path was more direct. Had that person known that he wouldn't have been burned with the slow bus and his viewpoint would have been different.

Yeah you've got it all figured out as always... ;)

Archived