Veolia Gearing Up to Slash LI Bus Service Next Year

mark1447

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question is.Are they going to keep all of those new Orion 7 CNG buses?

As far as I know, they are owned by Nassau County, so they should stay. I worked for Veolia driving a 45C LFW (Compobus) while my son was attending college in Arizona. I have NOTHING bad to say about the way I was treated while I worked for them. One other nugget, do no be surprised to see NABI enter the mix as they and Veolia have a good working history. Let's face it Nassau homes with 3-5 cars in the driveway will NOT use public transportation no matter how viable it is, so no one will be 100% satisfied whatever transpires, I just do not get the anti Veolia rhetoric, give them a damn chance.

As far as I know, they are owned by Nassau County, so they should stay. I worked for Veolia driving a 45C LFW (Compobus) while my son was attending college in Arizona. I have NOTHING bad to say about the way I was treated while I worked for them. One other nugget, do no be surprised to see NABI enter the mix as they and Veolia have a good working history. Let's face it Nassau homes with 3-5 cars in the driveway will NOT use public transportation no matter how viable it is, so no one will be 100% satisfied whatever transpires, I just do not get the anti Veolia rhetoric, give them a damn chance.

BRILLIANT POST:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

I have updated my LI plans though now I will send em

If LIB was anything the size of the agency you worked for, it might be better. Mangano is throwing pennies into a multimillion dollar deal and not helping anyone.

Exactly why one would want to keep the MTA out of the equation, they burn and hemorrhage money and expect us to pay for their ineptness, keep it private and let the ridership dictate events, Mangano is the very least of this equation, what would you have him spend?? monopoly money? that is the MTA's bag.

Please remember that Veolia is a PRIVATE FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION, non a non-profit, not a government agency or public corporation. As a private, for-profit corporation, they will do only what is profitable for them; after all that is why they are in the business right? They do not do this for fun or to do a good deed to the community, it is all about the $$$ in their pockets.

Furthermore Veolia is an international empire located in god knows where, so I personally don't think they will be as sensitive and attentive to Long Island as a public agency located right here in New York would be.

I'd like to see artics on the heavier routes. Artics would bring much more efficiency for sure.

Maybe Articulated Bus could fit on N88, but properly in Jones Beach, it properly had to head all the way to wider area to turnaround.

I think N20 and N21 could use articulated bus without serving NYIT loop, or near Cedar Swamp Rd, with stopping outside instead of inside.

I think N88 might be able to use artic bus, since there`s wide turn all the way near Oakland Island area from Google Map.

Maybe Articulated Bus could fit on N88, but properly in Jones Beach, it properly had to head all the way to wider area to turnaround.

I think N20 and N21 could use articulated bus without serving NYIT loop, or near Cedar Swamp Rd, with stopping outside instead of inside.

I think N88 might be able to use artic bus, since there`s wide turn all the way near Oakland Island area from Google Map.

the articulate bus wont work down there, it would tie up Ocean Parkway traffic trying to make that u turn to get back the other way after the East Bathhouse stop.

Can Double-Decker Buses work in Long Island?

Long time ago when I went to LIB Rally at Mineola via N22, I remember double-decker bus sitting in one parking lot along N22 route.

No too many low bridges. Sorry. Maybe superbuses since they look like glorified limos and are short enough to use parkways while seating 23 ppl in addition due to looks I seriously doubt they would carry the same stigma as reg buses. Plus with bus lanes added then upgraded these badboys will be able to reach crazy fast speeds. here is a link

These buses are godly

I think most of the heavy routes can handle artics. But there are several routes where artics won't fit.

These should have artics:

N4

N6

N15 (maybe)

N20

N22

N24

N40

N49

N72

N79

I don't know if an artic could make the turn on the N20 at the post office in great neck where it turns around to stop at Great Neck LIRR.

What is height clearance on toll plaza on Meadow Parkway going to/from Jones Beach?

doesnt matter, that toll plaza is for people paying to park in the parking lot, if you are headed to other beaches down there or just to ride on ocean parkway you dont have to stop at the toll plaza.

I don't know if an artic could make the turn on the N20 at the post office in great neck where it turns around to stop at Great Neck LIRR.

it cant, that traffic circle is very tight as it is for the normal buses.

True BUT MOST LI FOLK WILL NOT GO FOR SLOWER CAUSE IT'S CHEAPER!!!!!!

Hence why LIRR dominates intra island travel the only way for bus ridership to increase would be to reconfigure several lines to match up with the LIRR.

BL rtes that link metro-north are CRUSHLOADED

But those particular people felt it was worth the extra time to save the money until service became too unreliable to depend on.

Archived