What Long Island Bus service may look like next year

PinePower

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the N94 was known as the Woodbury Shuttle, it linked pars of Hicksville, the Gateways business park and parts of Woodbury to the Hicksville LIRR station.

I never rode it, but judging from the schedule and the fact it was cut, I gather it didn't get much ridership and cutting it didn't cause too much of an impact. Am I right?

I should have rode N94. I did not know N94 catched up with N79 on my route to catch pic of N95 in SUNY Farmingdale.

back in the day you could have taken the S1 from Farmingdale up to Walt Whitman Mall and then took the 79 got off somewhere in woodbury on woodbury road and waited for the 94 to show up, but keep in mind it was not an all day route like the 95 was, this thing was pretty much rush hour only. I have one photo from the 94

http://jonstrainphotos.com/show/378

back in 2010, I went and got photos of those shuttle routes before they were gone.

What are the Gateways? What exactly did the N94 do?
A visual....

shutn94.gif

(I'll throw the 95 in there also)

shutn95.gif

I never rode it, but judging from the schedule and the fact it was cut, I gather it didn't get much ridership and cutting it didn't cause too much of an impact. Am I right?

only managed to take it twice (2 separate occasions).... both times I took it to crossways (both times, I walked up to LIRR Syosset, heading back to Brooklyn).... first time I took it, there were 2 other ppl on board.... last time, I was the only person on the thing the entire time....

I get the sense that the thing wadn't well used at all.....

The N95 didn't draw too many riders either, but I've been on 95's that had more than 10 ppl. on it.....

only managed to take it twice (2 separate occasions).... both times I took it to crossways (both times, I walked up to LIRR Syosset, heading back to Brooklyn).... first time I took it, there were 2 other ppl on board.... last time, I was the only person on the thing the entire time....

I get the sense that the thing wadn't well used at all.....

The N95 didn't draw too many riders either, but I've been on 95's that had more than 10 ppl. on it.....

In most cases, rush hour only routes are in poor use (N62, N14, N94) in Nassau County.

The original PinePower idea of bringing the N81 up S Oyster Bay would work, but there would be the problem of through riders from the south facing a longer trip.

How about some N79 trips via Gateways?

I was also at Roosevelt Field Mall, not N93 never showed up, which screwed up my LIB plan, and took to Hicksville to get pic of N94, which I did. Then I got pic of N95, which came unexpectly flying through campus.

I should also ask Long Island Bus NG sitting by across from Trinity High School if he was N67 back in May.

I was also at Roosevelt Field Mall, not N93 never showed up, which screwed up my LIB plan, and took to Hicksville to get pic of N94, which I did. Then I got pic of N95, which came unexpectly flying through campus.

I should also ask Long Island Bus NG sitting by across from Trinity High School if he was N67 back in May.

i remember trying to catch the N93, I parked on the shoulder of that mitchel field area and I got a photo out my car window.

- ok, How much more frequent do you wanna make that segment (Prospect av, etc)..... anything lower than every 15 mins. peak & 20 mins. off peak is overkill..... I know you wanna protect home, but (as checkmatechamp would say) let's be fair here.....

I want to maintain those headways. Anything less often than those headways will be a mess. My finalized plan actually cuts back N35 service to only every other trip going to Post/Rockland with many ending at NCC. The ridership along Post Ave isnt enough to warrant anything more than hourly.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe I told you that a long time ago.

Doesn't Nassau County have to approve buses travelling along routes? Maybe the residents don't want the smelly buses on thier roads? Armchair transit gurus can decide the proper way but in reality it isn't that easy. Butting heads and millions of different ideas is what led partially to the destruction of LIB. Way too may chiefs and never enough Indians! :cool:

In most cases, rush hour only routes are in poor use (N62, N14, N94) in Nassau County.

The original PinePower idea of bringing the N81 up S Oyster Bay would work, but there would be the problem of through riders from the south facing a longer trip.

How about some N79 trips via Gateways?

What do you mean by that (bolded part)? You mean riders who get off at Hicksville?

Archived