Discussion on the new depot

tkx2510

I see that they reopened Amsterdam Depot under the Bronx divison temporalely and closed down Mother Clara Hale Depot temporalely under by the Bronx Division. But I undertstand why the new amsterdamn depot in under by the bronx division if there is no bronx number roster is running in the Bronx, it makes no sense. I remember that the Bx6, Bx15 was running by the Amsterdam depot till it go shut down and moved them to westfarms depot. And the Bx19 and the Bx31 was ruuning under by Mother Clara Hale depot till the moved Bx19 and Bx31 to the West Farms Depot which is near by. And now Bx33 is currently running under by westfarms depot right after the shutdown mother clara hale depot temporarly. Dont mean to be picky but im just saying though.

Like B65 is currently running under East NewYork Depot right after it open a new depot called Grant Avenue Depot the Brooklyn Division in Mespeth, Queens Which im kinda happy about it. It used to run under by Jackie Gleason Depot for years. The should keep B15 that goes to JFK Airport running by East NY Depot instead having it run under by Grant Avenue Depot. B15 used to run under by ENT Depot for many many years, and kept B47 under by Flatbush Depot since the yard is nearby going to Kings Plaza a former ENYDepot (before they change the route to B43 to Greenpoint) and a former Flatbush Depot.

I see that they reopened Amsterdam Depot under the Bronx divison temporalely and closed down Mother Clara Hale Depot temporalely under by the Bronx Division. But I undertstand why the new amsterdamn depot in under by the bronx division if there is no bronx number roster is running in the Bronx, it makes no sense. I remember that the Bx6, Bx15 was running by the Amsterdam depot till it go shut down and moved them to westfarms depot. And the Bx19 and the Bx31 was ruuning under by Mother Clara Hale depot till the moved Bx19 and Bx31 to the West Farms Depot which is near by. And now Bx33 is currently running under by westfarms depot right after the shutdown mother clara hale depot temporarly. Dont mean to be picky but im just saying though.

Like B65 is currently running under East NewYork Depot right after it open a new depot called Grant Avenue Depot the Brooklyn Division in Mespeth, Queens Which im kinda happy about it. It used to run under by Jackie Gleason Depot for years. The should keep B15 that goes to JFK Airport running by East NY Depot instead having it run under by Grant Avenue Depot. B15 used to run under by ENT Depot for many many years, and kept B47 under by Flatbush Depot since the yard is nearby going to Kings Plaza a former ENYDepot (before they change the route to B43 to Greenpoint) and a former Flatbush Depot.

IMO I believe the B15 needs lots of work b/c thats the worse route in Brooklyn to my knowledge. I agree the B47 should have return back to Flatbush Depot. The Bx6 and Bx15 should return back to Amsterdam Depot those CNG's do not belong on those routes

I'll try to explain some of the reasoning for you. Amsterdam was a BX Division Depot when they closed, so MTA decided to keep it the same when it reopened. Prior to the openiong, they entertained the thought of it being a Manhattan Division Depot, but brass wanted it to remain Bronx Div. Depot. Why? I have no idea.

As far as Brooklyn goes, the B65 Ralph Av Terminal has always been closer to the ENY Depot, and when Grand Av. opened it freed up some room for it to return to ENY. The B15 is beyond me. It should be split between ENY and Spring Creek, or ENY and JFK, or maybe even all three. The B43 is logical out of Grand, but the B47 should be at Flatbush or Split. But hey, that's the MTA!

I'll try to explain some of the reasoning for you. Amsterdam was a BX Division Depot when they closed, so MTA decided to keep it the same when it reopened. Prior to the opening, they entertained the thought of it being a Manhattan Division Depot, but brass wanted it to remain Bronx Div. Depot. Why? I have no idea.

As far as Brooklyn goes, the B65 Ralph Av Terminal has always been closer to the ENY Depot, and when Grand Av. opened it freed up some room for it to return to ENY. The B15 is beyond me. It should be split between ENY and Spring Creek, or ENY and JFK, or maybe even all three. The B43 is logical out of Grand, but the B47 should be at Flatbush or Split. But hey, that's the MTA!

I take credit for the idea about the B47 being split for the sake of its tenure at Flatbush Depot. Honestly, I think that I would just like to see the Hybrids alongside the 5000's on a single route.

I believes that they should split ENY and Grand Avenue Depot for the B15 to JFK Airport. And Maybe the should spilt Bx9 for WestFarm Depot and Kingsbrigde depot and the Bx40/42 should of run under by West Farms Depot instead of GunHill Depot.

I remember back inthe early 90s the B65 use to routed to Cobble Hill And Van Buren Street.Until they routed B65 Bus To Downtown Brooklyn To Fulton Mall and the B71 replacing B65 to Cobble Hill going straight to Eastern parkway under the Jackie Gleason Depot. Actaully Fulton is a couple blocks away from Bergen Street where you can take the B25 instead if you wanna to downtown Brooklyn. Dont mean to be off topic or picky but is true.

I believes that they should split ENY and Grand Avenue Depot for the B15 to JFK Airport. And Maybe the should spilt Bx9 for WestFarm Depot and Kingsbrigde depot and the Bx40/42 should of run under by West Farms Depot instead of GunHill Depot.

I remember back inthe early 90s the B65 use to routed to Cobble Hill And Van Buren Street.Until they routed B65 Bus To Downtown Brooklyn To Fulton Mall. Actaully Fulton is a couple blocks away from Bergen Street where you can take the B25 instead if you wanna to downtown Brooklyn. Dont mean to be off topic but is true.

I agree that the B15 should be split between the two, but what the Brooklyn Division needs to do is absorb Spring Creek, send the B15 there and split it with ENY. Then they need to send the B100 to Flatbush.

I agree that the B15 should be split between the two, but what the Brooklyn Division needs to do is absorb Spring Creek, send the B15 there and split it with ENY. Then they need to send the B100 to Flatbush.

Well I dont know if they should split B15 with ENY and Spring Creek Depot. Cuz Spring Creek is under by a private bus company called (MTA)Bus which is still under by(MTA), and ENY is under by a public transit company under by (MTA).Well It can happened. Is possible though. Eversince I moved from Brooklyn to the Bronx.

Maybe they can send B100 to the flatbush Depot and make B100 public lol.

Well I dont know if they should split B15 with ENY and Spring Creek Depot. Cuz Spring Creek is under by a private bus company called (MTA)Bus which is still under by(MTA), and ENY is under by a public transit company under by (MTA).Well It can happened. Is possible though. Eversince I moved from Brooklyn to the Bronx.

Maybe they can send B100 to the flatbush Depot and make B100 public lol.

It's all under one roof now. MTA Bus is public now, and will be merged with New York City Bus and Long Island Bus on the next contract. Some parts of the company are being merged as we speak.

All that split stuff is cool, but I think the one major mover that the people would probably love is to move the Q44 to West Farms and have the Artics on the Q44.

The Q44 terminal is actually Closer To West Farms in the bronx, and Jamaica in Queens!!! (I remember when CS use to split the Q44 with Jamaica) and there won't be no more halfass route meaning no more last stop at Main st!...

But that's My opinion and how I feel!!!!!

Oh.. And I saw something that said that The Bx40/42 should Split with WF and GH and Bx9 Be split with KB and WF. Well I think The Bx9 and Bx40/42 should just be under WF since the only Artic route in WF is the Bx19.. But that's my Opinion once again!

All that split stuff is cool, but I think the one major mover that the people would probably love is to move the Q44 to West Farms and have the Artics on the Q44.

The Q44 terminal is actually Closer To West Farms in the bronx, and Jamaica in Queens!!! (I remember when CS use to split the Q44 with Jamaica) and there won't be no more halfass route meaning no more last stop at Main st!...

Oh.. And I saw something that said that The Bx40/42 should Split with WF and GH and Bx9 Be split with KB and WF. Well I think The Bx9 and Bx40/42 should just be under WF since the only Artic route in WF is the Bx19.. But that's my Opinion once again!

I agree, but I think if anything the Q44 should be split as well, between West Farms, and Jamaica, but it's not really a big issue because its a 24 hour line, and they are hardly any pull out/pull ins.

The problem with any WF split is that WF doesn't have enough artics for the BX19 (and the 2 Bx36 runs) as is, so those routes would have to run 40 ft buses which won't work on the Bx9 or Bx40/42. If the Bx40/42 is solely out of WF they would have to change the short turn from the Square to WF Square. The Bx34 should be out of KB and the Bx12 and 28 should be KB/GH split.

In my opinion, they kept AMS a Bx Division Depot also so they could say the Bx Division had Hybrids, even though none of them will see service in the Bx.

IMO the Bx9, Bx40/42 should stick with their own depots and the Q44 should split with CS and JA Depots since the JA is lil closer.....I can't see those WF CNG's on the Q44 it won't look right

IMO the Bx9, Bx40/42 should stick with their own depots and the Q44 should split with CS and JA Depots since the JA is lil closer.....I can't see those WF CNG's on the Q44 it won't look right

I can agree with the Bx9 staying at KB. It could go either way with WF or KB, but i still say Bx40/42 should Be @ WF. Its Closer to the route, But as far as the Q44 goes, I see you missed the whole point of why I said move it to WF. Not to be on CNGs. For all that it can Stay @ CS and Run on those Hybrids they have. Its the Same Buses, one is a Hybrid, the other is CNG. The point of them Moving to WF would be to have the Artics on the Q44. Its needs them.

But on a side note... I don't get how people can say a certain route won't look right on a certain Bus.. Its the MTA. Your Bound to see any Local Route on any of the MTAs Buses. I saw MJQ Artic 1105 on the M42 yesterday.... so if I saw a RTS in the bronx on a GH or KB route, I would Look at it like wow and wonder what's up because those Depots don't have RTS. But I wouldn't be Suprised. I even look at the WF RTS or TMC's (Not sure which ones they are!) because its rare you see them in the Bx now!

I can agree with the Bx9 staying at KB. It could go either way with WF or KB, but i still say Bx40/42 should Be @ WF. Its Closer to the route, But as far as the Q44 goes, I see you missed the whole point of why I said move it to WF. Not to be on CNGs. For all that it can Stay @ CS and Run on those Hybrids they have. Its the Same Buses, one is a Hybrid, the other is CNG. The point of them Moving to WF would be to have the Artics on the Q44. Its needs them.

But on a side note... I don't get how people can say a certain route won't look right on a certain Bus.. Its the MTA. Your Bound to see any Local Route on any of the MTAs Buses. I saw MJQ Artic 1105 on the M42 yesterday.... so if I saw a RTS in the bronx on a GH or KB route, I would Look at it like wow and wonder what's up because those Depots don't have RTS. But I wouldn't be Suprised. I even look at the WF RTS or TMC's (Not sure which ones they are!) because its rare you see them in the Bx now!

What???? A Flyer on the M42! I know that must have been a sight. I too agree that the Q44 needs them also.

What???? A Flyer on the M42! I know that must have been a sight. I too agree that the Q44 needs them also.

Yeah man I was on the M42 headed East and isaw it Headed west towards the Javis Center. That's where I work. If I left a lil later I probably would have caught it!

I agree, but I think if anything the Q44 should be split as well, between West Farms, and Jamaica, but it's not really a big issue because its a 24 hour line, and they are hardly any pull out/pull ins.

Well is possible to Q44 with WF Depot and CS or Jamaica Depot. Well they spilt Q32 with Micheal J Quill Depot in a Manhattan Division and Casey Seigal Depot in a Queens Division. They should also split M60 bus to LaGuardia Airport with Manhattanville Depot and 126 Depot.

I remember last year when I was heading to the Central Park. I sam an 1993 Original Orion Bus with a Micheal J Quill Depot. But we hardly see those. And it was on Saturday. They should moved those to AMD Depot and keep the TMC Nova Bus. Cuz AMD has a major shortage on buses. Is true!!!

Archived