R142A Test Train Signed up as a (7) At Grand Central - 42nd Street

IRT Bronx Express

It's too strange seeing the R142A in (7) train territory. One thing that hits me looking at these pics and vids is that the R142A's look so damn good. It doesn't matter where they are in the system, they are just some good looking cars. Its gonna be a sad day when the majority of them leave the (6) for the (7) but they will do what they need to do over in the Flushing area and that makes me happy.

It's too strange seeing the R142A in (7) train territory. One thing that hits me looking at these pics and vids is that the R142A's look so damn good. It doesn't matter where they are in the system, they are just some good looking cars. Its gonna be a sad day when the majority of them leave the (6) for the (7) but they will do what they need to do over in the Flushing area and that makes me happy.

I know what you mean, I wish they could have gave em to the (4) instead :P

So from what was mentioned earlier this year, the MTA is giving the (7) R142As from the (6), the R62s from the (7) go to the (2) and (5), and the (6) gets R142s. Is that still going to happen? I don't see how they would run the (6) without NTTs after having them for all these years.

I think this has been mentioned before: The (7)'s R62A's will ALL go to the (6) and will take all the R142A's from the (6). The reason is the LED indicators on the R62A's.

So from what was mentioned earlier this year, the MTA is giving the (7) R142As from the (6), the R62s from the (7) go to the (2) and (5), and the (6) gets R142s. Is that still going to happen? I don't see how they would run the (6) without NTTs after having them for all these years.
they arent going too give the (2) or the (5) any R62s at all from what i hear they are going to take some of the R142A from the (6) and some from the (4) not all of the R142As are going too be taken from the (6) just a few sets and the R62s will go too the (6) and the (4) so they will have two different rolling stock,. thats a few years from now because they arent even ready at the kawa shop for maken them and the CBTC isnt ready on the flushing line.

I know what you mean, I wish they could have gave em to the (4) instead ;)

Personally, I don't want to see any changes to the IRT. I think what's there on all the lines now is what should remain until brand new cars come and replace the R62/A's many years from now but my opinion means 0 in this, cause it's all practically set in stone anyways.

I think this has been mentioned before: The (7)'s R62A's will ALL go to the (6) and will take all the R142A's from the (6). The reason is the LED indicators on the R62A's.

I thought that there will be a few R142A sets that will still remain on the (6). It could have changed but that's what I had heard.

:tup::tup::tup: videos!

I don't know why people will not understand this but it is TOO EARLY to tell where the R62A's are going. We'll just have to wait and see.

On a side note, I do know that there will not be enough R188 single cars to cover all of the (7) fleet so there has to be another option order otherwise a few R62A's will still be on the (7) in 2013.

And (all the buffs will love this little tidbit), when the 7 line program is active on an R142/A, the interior "next stop" signs show the route bullet ( 7 ) or < 7 > in an ORANGE color (the programs for 1,2,3 show it in red, and 4,5,6 show green).

Where the cars go will be anyone's guess, but they'll need to do a better job differentiating the expresses and locals if/when they do put the cars over there. The LED side signs on the 62/A's were a good idea.

NTT foaming? Seriously? That's the closest line you live to and you bitch about trains you see daily. Stick to the BVE.

I never said I "foamed" over NTT's nor do I bitch about trains I see daily...

@SubwayGuy Oh, so its like the color of the R160 right?

And (all the buffs will love this little tidbit), when the 7 line program is active on an R142/A, the interior "next stop" signs show the route bullet ( 7 ) or < 7 > in an ORANGE color (the programs for 1,2,3 show it in red, and 4,5,6 show green).

Where the cars go will be anyone's guess, but they'll need to do a better job differentiating the expresses and locals if/when they do put the cars over there. The LED side signs on the 62/A's were a good idea.

I think its a purple color.....

Besides, ITS TOO DAMN EARLY TO TELL!!

Lets keep this R62A on the (2)(5)(4)(6) bullcrap OUT OF HERE!!

Those LED's only have red and green dies (which mix to make yellow or amber, and it would also do orange if the program allows the green to be dimmed a bit, but I've never seen those signs do that).

They would need blue to have purple, and (MTA) has never bought full RGB signs.

So yellow/amber is basically used for all other colors besides red and green. This you could see on the (L) and (E), as well as the Nassau lines.

Those LED's only have red and green dies (which mix to make yellow or amber, and it would also do orange if the program allows the green to be dimmed a bit, but I've never seen those signs do that).

So yellow/amber is basically used for all other colors besides red and green. This you could see on the (L) and (E), as well as the Nassau lines.

Ahh, this would explain why the color bullets on the R160 interior LEDs are so bland and monochrome... would it be in the (MTA)'s interest to buy a full RGB set?

I never said I "foamed" over NTT's nor do I bitch about trains I see daily...

@SubwayGuy Oh, so its like the color of the R160 right?

Yes.

Amber/orange all the same to me...

But yes you're right they can't do purple/blue/gray/brown etc.

Archived