September 2011 Committee Changes

Amtrak7

Yeah, it looks like the M16 and M34 will both have the POP system.

One thing to note is that the stops just before the last stop won't have fare machines. Although a handful of riders will get a free ride, the cost to maintain the fare machines isn't worth it.

Westbound:

11th Avenue/34th Street (M34)

8th Avenue/37th Street (M16)

8th Avenue/40th Street (M16)

Eastbound:

23rd Street/1st Avenue (M16)

23rd Street/Avenue C (M16)

34th Street/1st Avenue (M34)

Might a FOIA request be in order? :P

Hopefully, they'll make a mention of it at the meeting and we'll be able to watch it on video.

Kinda interesting, as long as they dont skip 28th and 2nd.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder should they do this for express routes??? you know POP stations at express stops in manhattan

What will this accomplish? If the majority of riders are working class, what makes you think that they won't be able to pay the fare to take the express bus? On top of that, when was the last time you saw someone farebeat on a X bus? The purpose of POP is already killed off by driver enforcement alone.

Might a FOIA request be in order? :P

Hopefully, they'll make a mention of it at the meeting and we'll be able to watch it on video.

Let's wait a bit, they sometimes post reports a few days after the meeting (GCT, etc.) I don't know if it'll be on video, since it's a special joint meeting. I'm not dealing with NYCT FOIA ever again.

Also the Port Jervis Line Report B)

Yeah not going to happen.....NEXT. Lets stick to the topic which is the M34 SBS and others. Its not about express buses or anything of that sort!

99%, I agree with you smacking QJ. On this point, however, he could be on to something. Loading buses on the curb takes forever, but POP could easily allow express buses to save lots of time on the curb. Getting into traffic + time on the curb is a big number.

:tup::tup::tup::tup:

99%, I agree with you smacking QJ. On this point, however, he could be on to something. Loading buses on the curb takes forever, but POP could easily allow express buses to save lots of time on the curb. Getting into traffic + time on the curb is a big number.

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what I am onto. Well said JAzumah you fully understand what I am talking about.

I would disagree, especially with Staten Island routes, that would take even more time to inspect those who paid and didnt pay, the inspections themselves would do more damage in terms of time. Not to mention we do have exp routes where there happens to be standees....inspecting the riders would be a problem because of the narrow space and would delay the bus if there were a problem...

Yeah not going to happen.....NEXT. Lets stick to the topic which is the M34 SBS and others. Its not about express buses or anything of that sort!
WOW your cluenessness is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about shaving time NOW WATCH JAzumeth's post for what I really meant idiot.

I swear you only reply to my posts just to smack me for no reason at all even when I make comments that are smart and intelligent. The POP on express buses is a very good idea even my good ideas you smack.

What will this accomplish? If the majority of riders are working class, what makes you think that they won't be able to pay the fare to take the express bus? On top of that, when was the last time you saw someone farebeat on a X bus? The purpose of POP is already killed off by driver enforcement alone.

EXACTLY WHY POP would be a hit on express buses!!!!!!!! The lack of farebeating and POP means boarding them will be much faster!!!! Shaving dwell times. Also decreasing time at stops. The POP is so ppl don't waste time with coins or fumbling for metrocards. Boarding will be faster and the lack of farebeating eliminates the need for fare enforcement officers.

Now try to think with vision narrow minded whimps.:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

WOW your cluenessness is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about shaving time NOW WATCH JAzumeth's post for what I really meant idiot.

I swear you only reply to my posts just to smack me for no reason at all even when I make comments that are smart and intelligent. The POP on express buses is a very good idea even my good ideas you smack.

EXACTLY WHY POP would be a hit on express buses!!!!!!!! The lack of farebeating and POP means boarding them will be much faster!!!! Shaving dwell times. Also decreasing time at stops. The POP is so ppl don't waste time with coins or fumbling for metrocards. Boarding will be faster and the lack of farebeating eliminates the need for fare enforcement officers.

Now try to think with vision narrow minded whimps.:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

POP would also ENCOURAGE fare-beating on an express bus......ESPECIALLY if there is no one to inspect the passengers.....

:cool:

I would disagree, especially with Staten Island routes, that would take even more time to inspect those who paid and didnt pay, the inspections themselves would do more damage in terms of time. Not to mention we do have exp routes where there happens to be standees....inspecting the riders would be a problem because of the narrow space and would delay the bus if there were a problem...

I said in manhattan only the POP for express buses would be limited to manhattan boarding locations only for short term. There would be no need for fare inspectors on express buses cause the driver alone can inspect the riders as they enter thus rendering your argument invalid. Thus reducing dwell time. POP machines are needed for SBS and express BUT express buses due to one door DO NOT need inspectors unlike SBS local/LTD lines that have 3 doors. Read then think before you bash I am defintely not stupid enough to propose such an idea without tweaks to make it work. I know fare inspectors would ruin em. POP machine doesn't have to = fare inspector. Face it I made a point you can't refute. STOP trying:cool:

*Yawn*......your brainless and short of a screw. I've smacked you down many of times and comeback with more nonsense. Now who's the idiot. Once in a blue moon you'll actually make sense. Now go to bed....you brainless wonder!

:cool:

I said in manhattan only the POP for express buses would be limited to manhattan boarding locations only for short term. There would be no need for fare inspectors on express buses cause the driver alone can inspect the riders as they enter thus rendering your argument invalid. Thus reducing dwell time. POP machines are needed for SBS and express BUT express buses due to one door DO NOT need inspectors unlike SBS local/LTD lines that have 3 doors. Read then think before you bash I am defintely not stupid enough to propose such an idea without tweaks to make it work. I know fare inspectors would ruin em. POP machine doesn't have to = fare inspector. Face it I made a point you can't refute. STOP trying:cool:

If that were the case, we wouldnt need inspectors for SBS.....your argument fails....

The driver inspects the fares remember. Earlier 7/11 made a valid point stating that the driver alone renders farebeating impossible. Face it I made a good point now acknowledge it

Yeah? Then explain how farebeaters get away with it on the SBS? Read my points before you respond. If you dont have proof that you paid, you get issued a ticket. DRIVERS CANT issue tickets.....you seem to forget that....going on or in the bus, it wouldnt matter. That was the whole point of the POP system, to have inspectors check out the passengers and leave the driver with his duty.

*Yawn*......your brainless and short of a screw. I've smacked you down many of times and comeback with more nonsense. Now who's the idiot. Once in a blue moon you'll actually make sense. Now go to bed....you brainless wonder!

sad even when I show I am not brainless you still smack me that is just sad get a life. And stay outta my way you LOST ACCEPT IT.

If that were the case, we wouldnt need inspectors for SBS.....your argument fails....

Yeah? Then explain how farebeaters get away with it on the SBS? Read my points before you respond.

NOPE SBS and Express bus are different. SBS needs fare inspectors BUT express buses DO NOT due to narrow isle and the fact that the driver sees everyone that boards listen to Jazumeth he gets it you are just mad you can't smack me this time. I make a point you can't knock down now you will pull anything out ur ass to smack me sorry you lose now stop.

sad even when I show I am not brainless you still smack me that is just sad get a life. And stay outta my way you LOST ACCEPT IT.

I have a life....I don't say behind a pc all day and make up failed and useless plans. You are a non-motherf**ing factor in the transit world. Grow a pair and comeback with real plans. I always win you worthless piece of shit. Have a nice night!

NOPE SBS and Express bus are different. SBS needs fare inspectors BUT express buses DO NOT due to narrow isle and the fact that the driver sees everyone that boards listen to Jazumeth he gets it you are just mad you can't smack me this time. I make a point you can't knock down now you will pull anything out ur ass to smack me sorry you lose now stop.

Just because someone agreed with you, doesnt make you right, sit down and stop acting like a child.

If thats your grand vision of the POP, you might as well keep metrocard payments on the express bus, thats what the FAREBOX is for....THAT is Proof-Of-Payment. If it was really necessary, we'd hear passengers bitch about slow boarding times all over the place and we havent heard them yet. Is it necessary? NO!

Yeah? Then explain how farebeaters get away with it on the SBS? Read my points before you respond. If you dont have proof that you paid, you get issued a ticket. DRIVERS CANT issue tickets.....you seem to forget that....going on or in the bus, it wouldnt matter. That was the whole point of the POP system, to have inspectors check out the passengers and leave the driver with his duty.

farebeating would simply be enforced the same way it is on non SBS you get passed up.

Now stop cause I am starting to understand that you simply have personal grudges against me now plz keep the hate out of your arguments. Cause again you are fighting an argument you CAN'T POSSIBLY WIN give up

farebeating would simply be enforced the same way it is on non SBS you get passed up.

Now stop cause I am starting to understand that you simply have personal grudges against me now plz keep the hate out of your arguments. Cause again you are fighting an argument you CAN'T POSSIBLY WIN give up

LOL really.....personal? Kid, you need to get slapped with a huge dose of reality....

Btw. Lets see this register in that thing you have called a brain (if there is one....)

Just because someone agreed with you, doesnt make you right, sit down and stop acting like a child.

If thats your grand vision of the POP, you might as well keep metrocard payments on the express bus, thats what the FAREBOX is for....THAT is Proof-Of-Payment. If it was really necessary, we'd hear passengers bitch about slow boarding times all over the place and we havent heard them yet. Is it necessary? NO!

It's meant to decrease dwell times get it I have reality fool you are just arrogant now get out of the way you lost get over it.

Someone seems mad.....

Dwell times.....yeah ok.....unless the people do bitch about the dwell times, then I'll agree with you. The most complaints I've heard this year alone is about a bus or buses not showing up....

And quite frankly, your reality to us is 100% imaginary....plus this isnt a competition so sit your a$$ down with the winning/losing thing. This is a discussion that requires common sense, in which you have lacked....

Someone seems mad.....

Dwell times.....yeah ok.....unless the people do bitch about the dwell times, then I'll agree with you. The most complaints I've heard this year alone is about a bus or buses not showing up....

And quite frankly, your reality to us is 100% imaginary....plus this isnt a competition so sit your a$$ down with the winning/losing thing. This is a discussion that requires common sense, in which you have lacked....

now you have a point ok at least you come down to earth this POP idea of mine is not an emergency just a nice perk. So with buses coming on time and showing up I will have to agree with you here. I have cooled off for now. So I am not a frequent rider so I wasn't burned hard by buses not showing up. I did hear about QM15 doing that when I walked to the bus stop the bus pulled in as soon as I got there however the ppl waiting there told me they were there for an hour. What soultions would you propose to solve that issue???

Archived