September 2011 Committee Changes

Amtrak7

You also need to consider about street fairs and parade that affects express buses out from Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.

What happened if you put POP Receipt for express bus.

When there are street fairs, 6th Av buses might reroute Queens express bus via Madison Av, or 6th Av for BxM2, Madison Av buses to 3rd Av buses, 5th Av buses to 7th Av for X1 or X10 via Lexington Avs.

How do you suppose people to get on bus when express buses got rerouted to Madison Av or 8th Av

People cannot get on express bus b/c of proof-of-payment because machines only at that corridor that is closed due to street fair or parade.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also don`t forget when there is Holiday Grilock, X1, X7, X9 rerouted over to 7th Av to 42nd St. I think (MTA) and NYCDOT cannot relocate POP Machine when buses are rerouted.

in emergencies ehh manhattan street fairs are evil. O well I guess POP would work better in the outer borough segments of express buses. I think POP would be better for the BXM lines than the SI ones due to less detours.

Since the M34 SBS is using 40-foot buses, I wonder what this means for the B44.

[And the S79, if it ever comes out of limbo]

All SBS lines are slated to use artics. This includes the M34 as well. They just don't have the buses for it yet.

in emergencies ehh manhattan street fairs are evil. O well I guess POP would work better in the outer borough segments of express buses. I think POP would be better for the BXM lines than the SI ones due to less detours.

Not going to work at all. First and foremost, It would be a waste of good money. Express routes do NOT need MVM's.

It not only Manhattan that has street fair, parade, NYC Marathon or half-Marathon in each borough.

Half-Marathon in each boroughs could affect many express buses like X1, X10, BM1, BM2, BM3, B4 (Saturday buses), BxM4 in Bronx or QM4/QM5+QM6.

NYC Marathon could reroute many express buses like queens express buses that does run on weekend.

So, POP system wouldn`t work if express bus was rerouted and if passengers cannot get to POP machine to get a receipt to ride express buses because of same reason.

Staten Island only has three express bus routes operate on weekend, which are X1, X10 and X17C (Saturday) only. X1 and X10 could be affected by Hylan Blvd street closure like NYC Marathon and X10 could be Staten Island Puerto Rican Parade.

POP on express buses?! Really? What the hell?! Not a good idea. You're encouraging fare beating on express buses of all things. What next you want a 60-footer on the BxM7 now?

err no I never said all that the MCIs are perfect for express buses at least for NYC anyway. Seattle however does need 60 footers on their sound transit lines cause those buses literally run like subways up there. (sorry to go off-topic)But If it ain't broke then no need to fix it. I never really created a proposal for NYC rtes anyway other than minor changes to 5 lines in each borough except manhattan which gets no change.

You also need to consider about street fairs and parade that affects express buses out from Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.

What happened if you put POP Receipt for express bus.

When there are street fairs, 6th Av buses might reroute Queens express bus via Madison Av, or 6th Av for BxM2, Madison Av buses to 3rd Av buses, 5th Av buses to 7th Av for X1 or X10 via Lexington Avs.

How do you suppose people to get on bus when express buses got rerouted to Madison Av or 8th Av

People cannot get on express bus b/c of proof-of-payment because machines only at that corridor that is closed due to street fair or parade.

Not that I agree with POP on express buses, but how do they handle it on the M15 when there's a reroute?

That would be too confusing to have POP going inbound and on-board payment going outbound.

Plus, the problem is that many express lines run infrequently. If you miss an +SBS+ bus because you were fumbling for a ticket, you'll wait less than 10 minutes (or if a local comes, you might be able to take that if you're not going too far). If you miss an express bus, you could be waiting 15-20 minutes, or even 30-60 minutes off-peak.

Time is up.

Top one is counterfeit and bottom one is real.

See how tickets and receipt can be forged to look same?

If driver just collect them, one of receipt could be Counterfeit, so B/Os need to check to see if real or not.

Even with color code, Counterfeit artist does anything to make receipt exactly same.

That will encourage more people to do counterfeit receipt to beat express bus fare.

Slightly little-off topic, my Korean friend who was born in Japan, went to Yankees but he could not get into game, because scandals sold him expire ticket.

That`s what going to happen if POP on express bus and must have receipt.

Well, they definitely look different. You don't have to look too closely to see the different shades of blue on the tickets. Plus, the top one did look sort of fake: The blue looked almost like it was copied with a color copy machine.

In any case, that's not really a good argument. I mean, the current +SBS+ receipts can be forged. You just pick one up off the ground and find a way to duplicate it to say the time you need.

Speaking of SBS Ticket, little off-topic.

Tickets, moneys, receipt, photo IDS can easily counterfeit.

custom_1234388853540_back.png

QJ, pop quiz: Can you guess which one is counterfeit and real?

Time is up.

If driver just collect them, one of receipt could be Counterfeit, so B/Os need to check to see if real or not.

Even with color code, Counterfeit artist does anything to make receipt exactly same.

That will encourage more people to do counterfeit receipt to beat express bus fare.

Slightly little-off topic, my Korean friend who was born in Japan, went to Yankees but he could not get into game, because scandals sold him expire ticket.

I have taken both Atlantic Express X23 and MTA Coach buses and I agree spaces are narrow.

I have been on MCI on Tappan Zee Express and Coach USA, CT Transit I-Bus, DeCamp Bus and NJ Transit and aisles are narrow.

Time is up.

I have taken both Atlantic Express X23 and MTA Coach buses and I agree spaces are narrow.

I have been on MCI on Tappan Zee Express and Coach USA, CT Transit I-Bus, DeCamp Bus and NJ Transit and aisles are narrow.

Easy the top is counterfiet the shade of blue is dead obvious and muffled at least obvious to me that is I wouldn't know how others will see it.

You answer too late.

Back to topic, I think I agree with Q65 terminus. That current Q65 has lots of people using.

If Q65 was rerouted to 14th Av, passenger going to Flushing can have alternate when they take either Q20B or Q65.

On Weekend, Q65 could be great alternative since Q20B doesn`t run on weekend.

You answer too late.

Back to topic, I think I agree with Q65 terminus. That current Q65 has lots of people using.

If Q65 was rerouted to 14th Av, passenger going to Flushing can have alternate when they take either Q20B or Q65.

Sorry but when you asked the question I was in CT doing secret shops using CTtransit

You answer too late.

Look at the page. The Q65 isn't being rerouted to 14th Avenue.

Right now, it uses 14th Road and 111th Street to serve College Point, and comes back along 110th Street and 15th Avenue. The MTA wants to eliminate the small stretch on 111th Street, and just turn around on 110th Street.

This is at the western end of College Point, so it doesn't affect Q20B riders at all, it terminates at College Point Blvd.

Plus, if you rerouted the Q65 to 14th Avenue, you'd be benefitting a small number of riders while hurting a larger number of riders along College Point Blvd.

Who fare beats a NYC Express Bus that is just stupid for a person to walk pass the driver & sit down & say I am not paying the fare, furthermore so what if people counterfeit the SBS receipts MTA doesnt care, MTA is about wasting money on crazy graphics for buses so people can know the difference, perfect example the New Flyer D60HF SBS buses all that money wasted into retrofitting them for service then when the NovaBus LFSA arrived they had to do it all over again & most of the New Flyer D60HF didnt return back to normal transit seats they still sport the SBS seats & newer buses dont have the SBS seats just a design of lines drawn in the fabric. MTA is all about wasting money & causing confusions whether its a new service or a route diversion the way they look at it is if the bus moves down the block nothing is going on they dont even care about the condition of the bus as it is moves.

Lol...you'd be surprised how many B/Os actually LET the passengers on the bus but for a reason many of you may not even be aware of...the relationship the B/O and passenger have (e.g. friend, significant other, relative, etc.).

I LOL'ed at the convo from page 3-6!

To also add on to the Express bus drama. I dont see a point of adding MVM especially since passengers would have to go thru 1 door rather then 2 or more.. Which a BRT has 2 or more doors!

Express bus doesn't even generate a higher ridership compared to LOCAL routes.. So pretty i'd leave it!

I LOL'ed at the convo from page 3-6!

To also add on to the Express bus drama. I dont see a point of adding MVM especially since passengers would have to go thru 1 door rather then 2 or more.. Which a BRT has 2 or more doors!

Express bus doesn't even generate a higher ridership compared to LOCAL routes.. So pretty i'd leave it!

I think ppl need to stop bashing and removing ppl for no good reason. It isn't fair at all I think ppl just wanna give me a hard time for dissagreeing

The idea of MVM's on the street:

-MTA should do a study: What are the busiest bus stops for boardings? Those stops should have SBS fare machines. I wonder why the coin machines give change? They don't have to accept anything but $1 bills and they're not emptied by vacuum.

Archived