September 2011 Committee Changes

Amtrak7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am listening and I read.

That will slow down boarding even with or without inspectors.

Driver will get exauted especially on busy line.

Express buses make lots of pickups and stops are spaced like limited stops.

Driver has to check receipt many times at each pick up stops.

Even color code will not work.

Express bus riders will be furious and take to court if that happened.

For example, if MTA install Farecollector for Atlantic Express`s X23 and X24 bus stops, which are very busy routes operated under NYCDOT.

For example, people getting on X23 or X24 must paid at machine, get a receipt.

Once they get receipt, they must wait in line and driver will have to check all receipts.

Also receipt are easy to counterfeit if there was customer who is talented for making fake things or stuffs.

X23 and X24 has lots of riders at each pickup and they have to wait in line until bus driver check receipt and usher them on.

This could delay and frustrated passengers who are waiting to get on express bus.

Imigine if you`re going to same place served by X23 and X24 bus, which is Arthur Kill Rd @ Route 440.

If you bought X23 ticket with 7-Day Express Bus Plus card, and if X24 bus came first. You might want to take X24 first, however you can`t because X23 ticket is accepted for X23 bus and you cannot use X24 machine because It`s same route in Manhattan and you`re have to wait 18 minutes.

Most M15 local and SBS riders are already frustrated with this method.

You seem to be forgetting :) Cait Sith is Moderator. Moderator and Admistrator does good job keeping this topic good condition.

No.

The driver checks the receipts at the last pickup point ONLY. At all the other stops, the driver gets them seated and leaves. Some of the private buses that used to run on SI had pay on exit rules in the afternoon in order to get off the curb and out of Manhattan ASAP.

The X23 and X24 example is ridiculous. They fixed the issue on the M15 and M15SBS where local services and SBS services both honored receipts and the SBS is considered an entirely different route.

1) The BxM4C ridership is stable.

2) The route is not useless.

3) The route is...wait for it...turning a profit.

The beatings will now resume.

Its very stable.....I see the buses in Manhattan going up Madison Avenue and nearly all of the seats are filled up. Again he doesn't know what he's talking about nor he ever rode the damn BxM4C in his life!

Ok but why was the beeline trying to cut it????

The beatings WILL NOT RESUME those who waste energy beating others are insecure TRASH

Its very stable.....I see the buses in Manhattan going up Madison Avenue and nearly all of the seats are filled up. Again he doesn't know what he's talking about nor he ever rode the damn BxM4C in his life!
I rode it several times before they raised it's fare now I'd rather use metro-north. Most ridership is south of fort hill rd. That much I know yet I don't understand the financial sense in using the 4C it costs $7.50 * 40 uses in the month= $300!!!!!

Metro-north plus uniticket is STILL CHEAPER!!!!!!!!! And the uniticket is useable on almost all BL routes.

Beating a particular person for the hell of it is for TRASH

ppl still use that useless trash rte??? It's only a matter of time before it carries air

QJ, I agree with JAzumah. BxM4C is lifeline for seniors citizen and disabled. When I took BxM4C for first time, one new lady still thought bus was $5.50 and she did not know it went up to $7.50. We were on last 12:00pm bus out of White Plains. Me and few passengers boarded at Tuckahoe Rd.

For entire trip on Major Deegan Expressway, senior citizens on side facing seat (prioty seating) was unhappy Bee-Line official cuts weekend service.

I have friend with Bee-Line officials and when Bee-Line cuts W12 bus service beyond Armonk and BxM4C Wall St, these riders are complaining.

BxM4C is deadly important to senior citizens and disables who goes to hospital and museum in city.

Senior citizens and disabels along Rte. 100 don`t want to move.

This is PROOF. Even Liberty Lines Inc B/Os were also against this cut.

In order to save Bee-Line Bus, it cut weekend service and increase to $7.50 to keep BxM4C running weekdays.

IMG_3748.jpg

Ok but why was the beeline trying to cut it????

The beatings WILL NOT RESUME those who waste energy beating others are insecure TRASH

I rode it several times before they raised it's fare now I'd rather use metro-north. Most ridership is south of fort hill rd.

Yeah I'm sure you did......I don't buy that bs for one min. Several times......sounds like 2x you rode that line!

Yeah I'm sure you did......I don't buy that bs for one min!

Believe what you want to believe you don't have to believe the truth.

I used to transfer to it from BM5 to do secret shops in westchester and audits.

I would use it to get BM5 many times. Before they raised the fare to one quarter less than metro-north. Yes I know it's full I meant to say I was surprised ppl still used it. I never said ppl don't use it.

Nope I used it way more than that when it's fare was $5.50. Even on weekends.

QJ, imiginane if you`re seniors citizen who can`t walk to nearby MNRR Stations and cannot afford to use car service or Bee-Line paratransit, but you lived only cross to BxM4C/Rte. 100 corridor.

Weekdays, when you need to go to see doctor or medical center, you must get on BxM4C, what would you do?

So, if you`re in their footstep, you have no choice but to paid $3.75 Senior Citizen fare off-peak and $7.50 peak.

Have you taken BxM4C after fare hike?

You need to think about senior citizens and disables.

QJ, I agree with JAzumah. BxM4C is lifeline for seniors citizen and disabled. When I took BxM4C for first time, one new lady still thought bus was $5.50 and she did not know it went up to $7.50. We were on last 12:00pm bus out of White Plains. Me and few passengers boarded at Tuckahoe Rd.

For entire trip on Major Deegan Expressway, senior citizens on side facing seat (prioty seating) was unhappy Bee-Line official cuts weekend service.

I have friend with Bee-Line officials and when Bee-Line cuts W12 bus service beyond Armonk and BxM4C Wall St, these riders are complaining.

BxM4C is deadly important to senior citizens and disables who goes to hospital and museum in city.

Senior citizens and disabels along Rte. 100 don`t want to move.

This is PROOF. Even Liberty Lines Inc B/Os were also against this cut.

In order to save Bee-Line Bus, it cut weekend service and increase to $7.50 to keep BxM4C running weekdays.

IMG_3748.jpg

There is a way to restore W12 service north of armonk indirectly. I would reroute BL 5 away from harrison to replace airlink then afterwards replaces W12 from airport to mt kisco. An extended BL42 (selected runs) will replace BL5 harrison to White plains service and BL61 5th ave portion.

New express rte absorbing 20 short turns makes same stops then express from cross county to white plains selected runs can use 684 to mt kisco and replace BL 12 between mt kisco and jefferson valley. OR the W3 can do that becoming all day rte then using I-684 to absorb former W12 service. PPL get back their service stronger. The enhanced express connectivity enhances appeal to potential additional riders. Another line will replace W12 between SUNY and armonk or HPN before going express to kantonah to become a crosstown line for crompond rd to peekskill with (limited runs to woodbury common) OK if the 4C continues to remain stable then service will align WITH RIDERSHIP end of story the ppl will have to decide the frequency of the bus but with it's fare I don't think anyone who isn't a senior or disabled would need the line at all.

QJ, imiginane if you`re seniors citizen who can`t walk to nearby MNRR Stations and cannot afford to use car service or Bee-Line paratransit, but you lived only cross to BxM4C/Rte. 100 corridor.

Weekdays, when you need to go to see doctor or medical center, you must get on BxM4C, what would you do?

So, if you`re in their footstep, you have no choice but to paid $3.75 Senior Citizen fare off-peak and $7.50 peak.

Have you taken BxM4C after fare hike?

NOPE cause the metro-north is more cost effective for me why would I pay 25 cents less for half the speed????

You need to think about senior citizens and disables.

BL commuter lines 65/66 or 38/39/34 or BL 8 to metro-north then use M101/102/103 from 125th.

Plus read my last post relating to 4c it actually answers ur question

QJ, I think if you submitted your ideas to (MTA), Veolia, Atlantic Express and Bee-Line Buses, they`ll think it`s crazy idea and they properly will not give you job as bus planner.

I think folks on W5 majority travels along W5 route and there`s no one from/to W5 going on W12 bus at White Plains.

Back to topic on city bus, M34/A SBS will take more long time for people to use to it because tourists also depends on this lines.

QJ, you`re missing point.

Are you imiginaning yourself as very old person who can`t take Metro-North because not all stations are ADA, however you`re living next to BxM4C.

As older person, you don`t have power to transform to many buses or trains as you do now.

I have friend in Scarsdale, who is very old person and he doesn`t have power to take transportation. He properly cannot drive too much now either. Average speed for very older person could be 2-5 minutes.

I'll interject for a brief moment....

With the C4, I'm not buying this whole hospitals & museums thing, I'm sorry.... the majority of riders are using the route BELOW 59th st.... In Westchester, the ridership is not stable, but rather sporadic - especially once you get north of like, Tuckahoe....

When it comes down to it, these folks is working class people (not the stereotypical retired elderly rider that needs the route to go to the drug store, the hospital, the museum for recreation, etc... miss me with all that).... Yes the route has a significant elderly riderbase, but this whole appeal to emotion bit, I'm not riding that wave.... especially when the fare went UP on that damned route....

again, working... class... people.

with that I digress....

you two can continue on with whatever it is y'all tryna come to grips with.....

With the C4, I'm not buying this whole hospitals & museums thing, I'm sorry.... the majority of riders are using the route BELOW 59th st.... In Westchester, the ridership is not stable, but rather sporadic - especially once you get north of like, Tuckahoe....

When it comes down to it, these folks is working class people (not the stereotypical retired elderly rider that needs the route to go to the drug store, the hospital, the museum for recreation, etc... miss me with all that).... Yes the route has a significant elderly riderbase, but this whole appeal to emotion bit, I'm not riding that wave.... especially when the fare went UP on that damned route....

with that I digress....

I interject your interjection :). Nah seriously this thread went way of course. It was suppose to be about the M34 +SBS+, Q65 and Q40. I don't know how in the hell it got to be about express buses!

SBS Machines properly not going to be on 23rd Av/Avenue C, 8th Av/41st St, 34th St/1st Av.

Checkmate posted the stops confirmed not to be getting fare machines.

One thing to note is that the stops just before the last stop won't have fare machines. Although a handful of riders will get a free ride, the cost to maintain the fare machines isn't worth it.

Westbound:

11th Avenue/34th Street (M34)

8th Avenue/37th Street (M16)

8th Avenue/40th Street (M16)

Eastbound:

23rd Street/1st Avenue (M16)

23rd Street/Avenue C (M16)

34th Street/1st Avenue (M34)

QJ, I think if you submitted your ideas to (MTA), Veolia, Atlantic Express and Bee-Line Buses, they`ll think it`s crazy idea and they properly will not give you job as bus planner.

I think folks on W5 majority travels along W5 route and there`s no one from/to W5 going on W12 bus at White Plains.

Back to topic on city bus, M34/A SBS will take more long time for people to use to it because tourists also depends on this lines.

In addition it gets rid of extremely long LOCAL rtes and breaks em down into parts of express lines and a few well the Former W12 and 15 at least broken and merged with 2 lines each. The W12's westchester ave white plains segment gets axed due to low use thanks to SUNY college. PPL for HPN can use rerouted 5. The W12 between SUNY and HPN and armonk is replaced by 76 which becomes express via 684 and king st to kantonah via crompond to peekskill. Many ppl on other forums suggested a line run on crompond so this is based on other ppl here. I am sorry for off topic back to SBS M34 CAN'T WAIT

you don't get the trick The reroute is to replace lost airlink and W12 service. Also it straightens the BL5 route. In addition The BL 5 your forgetting that ppl transfer from other routes in white plains again it's never just one route my plan involves a group of routes you are crazy for not seeing that. Plus I only have BL and veolia proposal you know nothing about my full LI proposal cause if you did you would know it isn't as crazy as it seems. It's The BL 5 replacing only the former W12 segment NOT current. And it's an indirect restoration of the airlink and indirect service enhancement for BL5 on harrison side and BL 61 in westchester. Also the BL 60 will gain additional trips that will time with the new enhanced 42 to offset 61's replacement the high segments of 61 see service increases indirectly.

The BL5 is just one rte SO WHAT if 5 ppl don't go to the airport others from other connecting routes DO and can transfer to BL5 think about that the route by route basis limits your view and hinders innovative ideas think about the routes that are around it rather than just the one rte itself. Everytime I submitted parts of my ideas ppl usually give huge applause again get the full picture

with that I digress....

HUH OK famous and white plains are saying one thing about C4 and you are saying another PPL MAKE UP YOUR MIND IS BXM4C NEEDED OR IS IT CRAP???? You used the 4C B35 after fare hike??? Now I am confused hence why I ignored it in my BL plan I won't mess with what I don't know.

Archived