M15 SBS running red lights?

Gorgor

All buses run red lights, I do it eveyday. Its either stop at the light or get in trouble for being late. Red lights ARE NOT BUILT INTO OUR SCHEDULES. If you stop at all of them you see how late we are.

Now that's interesting... No wonder you guys are so prompt out in NJ. Granted during the rush the buses can be late, but I usually set my phone to the express buses arriving out there. If I recall correctly however, my uncle told me that the (MTA) doesn't mind if you're late, but they're strict about being early. Then again it may also depend on what depot you're out of because some depots seem to be more strict than others (i.e. Manhattanville).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What your uncle told you was a lie lol. I have a friend who works out of Eastchester and he gets yelled at by that fat spanish disatcher on 23rd on a norm. That dispatcher calls out the buses numbers and run numbers when they are suppose to arrive and if you aint there when he calls that number and when you show up you will hear it.

Our dispatchers can be an ass also. I was yelled at for leaving the platform 2mins late at PABT.

Now that's interesting... No wonder you guys are so prompt out in NJ. Granted during the rush the buses can be late, but I usually set my phone to the express buses arriving out there. If I recall correctly however, my uncle told me that the (MTA) doesn't mind if you're late, but they're strict about being early. Then again it may also depend on what depot you're out of because some depots seem to be more strict than others (i.e. Manhattanville).

I wouldn't say they don't mind if you're late, per se..... The emphasis is more placed on (not) being too early....

I wouldn't say they don't mind if you're late, per se..... The emphasis is more placed on (not) being too early....

What your uncle told you was a lie lol. I have a friend who works out of Eastchester and he gets yelled at by that fat spanish disatcher on 23rd on a norm. That dispatcher calls out the buses numbers and run numbers when they are suppose to arrive and if you aint there when he calls that number and when you show up you will hear it.

Our dispatchers can be an ass also. I was yelled at for leaving the platform 2mins late at PABT.

Yeah, but that's why I said that I think it varies from depot to depot and when I said late I didn't mean like 20 minutes, I meant like a minute or two late, with the idea being that you pick up everyone as opposed to running hot and missing folks. I mean I can't see anybody getting chewed out for being a minute or two late out of (MTA); at least I haven't experienced it yet anyway. I rode with him years ago when he was out of 100th street and he was on the M102 and he would pull in a minute or two late when they were checking, but that seems to be the norm when they're checking anyway on the (MTA) lines. The depots out on Staten Island seem to be quite relaxed with when buses arrive, but the ones in Manhattan are quite strict, especially Manhattanville. I mean on Staten Island you see buses that are 20 minutes late easily and I have yet to see a B/O get chewed out about it.

As for NJ, they are pretty strict and I would imagine that they could be hard @sses particularly during the rush too. Overall they're pretty good, even during the rush when there's traffic. Here and there I've been stuck on a 163 coming from Ridgewood back to New York, but it was maybe 15 minutes or so which isn't bad at all.

I have to say though B/Os are a total different breed of folks. I mean not just anyone can be a B/O. They have certain personalities that I'll never understand and my uncle is the same way and believe me, we don't always get along. lol

Yeah, but that's why I said that I think it varies from depot to depot and when I said late I didn't mean like 20 minutes, I meant like a minute or two late, with the idea being that you pick up everyone as opposed to running hot and missing folks.

I don't think it varies from no depot to depot, but I understood the level of lateness you were conveying in that post.... wadn't assuming you meant somethin like 20 mins late.....

wow hence why signal priority should be expanded to as many bus rtes as possible so the light turns green when it sees the bus done no more redlight running!!!!!!!

wow hence why signal priority should be expanded to as many bus rtes as possible so the light turns green when it sees the bus done no more redlight running!!!!!!!

So what do you do when there are buses on all 4 sides?

You seriously have to think before you post and ask yourself if it makes sense? Because i nearly pissed myself when I read this.

:cool:

You seriously have to think before you post and ask yourself if it makes sense? Because i nearly pissed myself when I read this.

grow up it's not that serious as long as the bus doesn't get in an accident and uses good judgement that is good enough.

some corridors can have it done

:cool:

grow up it's not that serious as long as the bus doesn't get in an accident and uses good judgement that is good enough.

some corridors can have it done

It's serious when you post something that is oh-so absolutely stupid...

Well, on a low frequency line, being early can mean missing passengers, whereas being late, you just get a little more crowded.

If there are buses on all 4 sides, the ones that already have the light can go, and once they pass through, the ones on the cross street can go.

But I disagree with him not from a logical perspective, but from a cost perspective. There are routes that just don't have the ridership (or the number of traffic lights) to make it worth installing TSP. But there's nothing wrong with trying to speed buses up.

In theory it shouldn't but I dunno... I mean you see how those buses bunch on the S79 and that is quite frequent.

There are times when I just don't see how a bus can be that late. I remember on the S44, I caught the 16:15 bus from St. George (the ferry came too late for the 16:00 bus to get the passengers), and by Clove Road, the 16:30 S94 buses had passed us. That basically means that he finished his run close to 20 minutes late.

I mean he was crowded, but I just don't see how that crowding added 20 minutes to the trip.

I'll start with Channel 2 :PB)

How about Greg Mocker? ;)

Archived