Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Danny Boy

319 Ac to NYC on Senior or monthly fare

NJT advertises on their website that seniors can travel on NJT at 50% OR LESS than regular fares.

Round-Trip fares between AC and NYC is #39, Senior discount is only $2, to $37.

Shouldn't it be 50% of $39?

Instead, Senior Round Trips are $32, 50% off TWO ONE-WAY tickets!

Also, I was told (by a DRIVER, no less) that I should purchase an 18 zone monthly pass for approx. $455. Use it to take the 319 from AC to Tom's River.

Then, GET OFF THE 319 and get on line to GET RIGHT BACK ON.

Some drivers allow this. Some refuse access after alighting, although the monthly 18 zone pass allows UNLIMITED trips of up to 18 zones.

Why can I not use this pass to return to the same bus. It is another trip, once I get off.

and why does Customer Service at NJT state that it's Up to the driver?

It's either OK, or it's notr. Where are the regs that define if I can get back on the same bus?

You can do it BUT be advised it will be hit or miss with the driver. If you know your going to be riding the same bus then talk to the driver.

Also KEEP an extra ticket on hand just incase.

AND if you not riding the 319 everyday dont waste money on that pass.

It is up to us because if an undercover njt person is riding and sees that we will be in serious trouble, thats why I said talk to the driver before the trip even starts.

NJT advertises on their website that seniors can travel on NJT at 50% OR LESS than regular fares.

Round-Trip fares between AC and NYC is #39, Senior discount is only $2, to $37.

Shouldn't it be 50% of $39?

Instead, Senior Round Trips are $32, 50% off TWO ONE-WAY tickets!

Also, I was told (by a DRIVER, no less) that I should purchase an 18 zone monthly pass for approx. $455. Use it to take the 319 from AC to Tom's River.

Then, GET OFF THE 319 and get on line to GET RIGHT BACK ON.

Some drivers allow this. Some refuse access after alighting, although the monthly 18 zone pass allows UNLIMITED trips of up to 18 zones.

Why can I not use this pass to return to the same bus. It is another trip, once I get off.

and why does Customer Service at NJT state that it's Up to the driver?

It's either OK, or it's notr. Where are the regs that define if I can get back on the same bus?

cause your final destination on that bus is beyond 18 zones. Now if you transfered to another rte then its ok but 553 is right that's similar to fare beating