Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
youngblaze

Roof Top View: Michael J. Quill Depot

OOooooooo, expressies... :( Express buses rock... Look how big and dominating they are over their little brothers... Those RTSs and Orions are walking the line... :cool:

OOooooooo, expressies... :)Express buses rock... Look how big and dominating they are over their little brothers... Those RTSs and Orions are walking the line... :cool:
I expected this response from you... ;)

RTS for life! :(

I expected this response from you... ;)

RTS for life! :(

lol... Well back in the day, when I was a kid we mainly had the RTSs and then for a while we had the older white buses. Forget what they call them. They were old but I sort of liked them. The RTSs I've always liked. They have sort of an elegance to them and sophistication of sorts... I don't like the first Orions that came out, but I do like the ones that came out around 2008 or so and the NOVAs are okay too.

img_2311.jpg

if you're talking about these they are called Fishbowls..

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?2311

Yes, those are the ones... I never got why they call them fishbowls anyway... :confused: Maybe we should start a thread on transit nicknames... Wouldn't be a bad idea... There are too many terms used around here that I doubt everyone knows.

It probably has something to do with emergency situations, but what is the exact reason for having the bus numbers on the roofs of buses? Am I right?

IMO, if the ceiling was higher and maintenance was on the first floor, quill would be the best depot in the system as far as design goes. But because of those little issues I give the best designed depot title to gunhill...

Yes, those are the ones... I never got why they call them fishbowls anyway... :confused: Maybe we should start a thread on transit nicknames... Wouldn't be a bad idea... There are too many terms used around here that I doubt everyone knows.

There called "Fishbowls" cause the front windshield looks like a fishbowl, obviously.