Congratulations to The 8.15.11 Bus Operators Class

boxeraf

Congrats definitely in order. We'll see each other 20 years from now showing love for the blood, sweat and tears we went through to get this position. It's a great sense of achievement in every part. Now we're going solo tomorrow, we have to push everything to the limit and pass the 1 year probation.

Our class was pretty sweet with only 5 failing out the 36 we started with.

It was great meeting you, FutureBusman and jemcclain1 from the forums.

We made it.

We'll be in touch, as usual.

Congrats to both you guys and good luck getting pass probation. Like I tell all the new hires don't call out sick unless you're really sick while being a probie. And if you do go sick always get DR's lines. And avoid doing any OT as well, especially being a B/O, you don't want those custie complaints rolling in when you should have been home. And invest into the 401K & 457B accounts. You guys are young and will be down here for 30 years so don't think your pension will be enough to hold you down after retirement. Other than that welcome aboard once again, and be amazed at what you will see on a daily basis working for TA.

just always do like you were told at the classroom you will be watch for one year if you do it there way your probation will be no problem do not listen to other operator you guys have to get the year down then your five years then your ten keep safe and good luck hope to see some of you at the pond im a steward there if any one needs a hand ill do my best to put you in the right direction just ask for keith if any of you come to fresh pond

Thank you to everyone who has helped me get this far in MTA. This forum has been a great help. Now the next step is getting through probation. Yo ace I dunno man everyone who got forced into queens wants to stay. Mind made up and everything. Today I had the Q 77 on my own...I said to myself, something seems wrong because I was running ahead of schedule. It was to the point I was going 15 miles per hour just to stay with Schedule, then it dawned on me. No School. Traffic was lighter than usual. The load was lighter than usual too. So overall a very easy day.

To those who are training and get to this stage. Once you know the route and comfortable driving the bus. Being on your own is very easy. Tomorrow i have the Q84. I went over the route in my own car as soon as i got off of work. Looking forward to it. I had a Hybrid today. Then after my swing Had an RTS. They both on the same level IMO....the hybrid is just quicker with the acceleration and stops right away. Less maneuvering in the RTS.:cool:

Yeah, most of the classmates who went to QV wants to stay there. But of course, that's your cup of tea. lolol I'm not getting locked in there for 30+ years. You crazy bro. lmao!

I was on the 41 today, which was less crowded than usual; in the same case with you on the Q77 today. Tomorrow should be the same too, with the school closed schedule. We'll see how things hold up for Monday though.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me get this far in MTA. This forum has been a great help. Now the next step is getting through probation. Yo ace I dunno man everyone who got forced into queens wants to stay. Mind made up and everything. Today I had the Q 77 on my own...I said to myself, something seems wrong because I was running ahead of schedule. It was to the point I was going 15 miles per hour just to stay with Schedule, then it dawned on me. No School. Traffic was lighter than usual. The load was lighter than usual too. So overall a very easy day.

To those who are training and get to this stage. Once you know the route and comfortable driving the bus. Being on your own is very easy. Tomorrow i have the Q84. I went over the route in my own car as soon as i got off of work. Looking forward to it. I had a Hybrid today. Then after my swing Had an RTS. They both on the same level IMO....the hybrid is just quicker with the acceleration and stops right away. Less maneuvering in the RTS.:cool:

Maybe we can catch each other in flushing on main st one day lol, im on the Q50.

I guess I would see you out there tomorrow morning, as I am on the Q17 in the morning. Oh it should feel good to be on that side of Queens for a change. Wait second thought I have two good lines tomorrow. Q17 in the morning and then Q84 in the afternoon. Hopefully we could keep our bus during the swing. As there are not too many runs tomorrow.

Tomorrow I would also be in official transit uniform for the first time. I hope you received your package on Friday.

Tomorrow I would also be in official transit uniform for the first time. I hope you received your package on Friday.

I still haven't received anything in the mail, yet. But, from what you're saying, I'm expecting it this coming week. How are the shirts made- with front pockets with the flaps? Or regular?

I still haven't received anything in the mail, yet. But, from what you're saying, I'm expecting it this coming week. How are the shirts made- with front pockets with the flaps? Or regular?

The shirts front pocket are regular. The uniforms took awhile to come in because they changed companies. Also whatever address transit have on file for you that is where they are sending them. Not what you put on the paper in the classroom in Zerega. UPS delivered the package not FedEx. So there are some slight changes. Whatever you ordered stays the same. They also include a vest and your depot hats.

Starting Sunday I have the Q17 all week with Thursday and Friday Off. So I'll be out there lol.

Thats cool, i start in the afternoons lets just say i have school trippers built into my pick on mon, tues and fridays. With weds and thursdays off. PM me if anything bro. @ Acela you will get use to tues and weds off.

The shirts front pocket are regular. The uniforms took awhile to come in because they changed companies. Also whatever address transit have on file for you that is where they are sending them. Not what you put on the paper in the classroom in Zerega. UPS delivered the package not FedEx. So there are some slight changes. Whatever you ordered stays the same. They also include a vest and your depot hats.

Thanks.

I checked the Lion Uniform's website and my package hasn't been shipped yet, though some of my classmates with me at Flatbush are receiving their stuff this week.

I started a thread for the uniforms website: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32331

... and how to login for ordering and such in the future; and for new operators too.

hi i am graduated on 10/12/11 is it all day or a few hours do you go home when you are done or do you go back to your depot plz let me know thanks to all

Yes, it's all day. Your depot will notify you the day with a time (which should be 7am) to be at Zerega. It's an 8-hour session, and you'll be presented with your new badge / wheelchair key, and certificate of completion from the Training Department. Your class will also be spending time going over customer service techniques - different scenarios and such that needs to be handled with care -- that sorta thing. Otherwise your day is pretty much bullshittin with the rest of your class, and then you're dismissed.

The next day will be your first day flying solo. You will be nervous; we all do.

Good luck with the rest of your line training and congratulations.

Take the good from each of your trainers and use them as a positive for yourself.

I guess I would see you out there tomorrow morning, as I am on the Q17 in the morning. Oh it should feel good to be on that side of Queens for a change. Wait second thought I have two good lines tomorrow. Q17 in the morning and then Q84 in the afternoon. Hopefully we could keep our bus during the swing. As there are not too many runs tomorrow.

I had 2 wheelchairs in one day. In all a total of 3 for the week. The Q17 is cool. Five red light cameras you have to look out for. Driving on Horace Harding you have to be careful. Oh and i thought it would be a while before we see weekends lol.....I got Sat and Sunday off.

Archived