My plan for the new Long Island Bus

PinePower

I figured I'd start a new thread as this is my completed plan. I will be submitting this suggestion to Veolia and Nassau County.

I will be sending these ideas to Veolia. I am trying to make the most of service and attract new riders to low usage routes.

11 routes are eliminated, 1 is restored.

Recommended Adjustments:

*Most routes will run 5am – 11pm Mon-Sat and Sunday service will run from 6am – 10pm, except 24 hour service on the N4 and N6.

*Special limited service schedules for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, as usual Sunday service is excessive on those days

*Reseat Orion 7 buses to hold more passengers

*Look into sources of revenue from bus wraps and other advertising

N1 (Floral Pk – Oceanside): Extend to Floral Park LIRR sta via Plainfield and Tulip and merge with N36, terminating at Great S.Bay shopping Center on Long Beach Rd. Runs hourly all times Mon – Sun.

N2: eliminate

N4 (Freeport – Jamaica): leave alone

N6 (Freeport – Jamaica): leave alone

N8: eliminate

N14: eliminate

N15 (Roosevelt Field – Long Beach): Runs via Stewart and Washington between RF and HTC, redundant service on Old Country and Mineola/HTC corridor w N40/41. Will be moved to run down Peninsula Blvd, N.Village to return service to Mercy Hospital, to RVC. Quicker trip time between HTC and RF. Runs every 20 min weekday rush hours, 30 min other times and weekends, with extra trips between HTC and RF at certain times.

N16: eliminate

N19 (Freeport – Sunrise Mall): Shortened to run between Sunrise Mall and Freeport, with Suffolk extending the 25 to Sunrise Mall via existing N19 route. Most N19 riders ride either from points between Sunrise Mall and Freeport, or points east of Sunrise Mall to the mall. Weekday rush hours headways will be 30 min, hourly all other times and Saturday. No service Sunday.

N20 (Hicksville – Flushing): All trips run Roslyn viaduct (no clock tower, that will be served by N21 & 23). LTD trips remain skipping Great Neck Station as well. Weekday headways will be every 30 min between 6am – 10am and 4pm – 8pm, hourly all other times and weekends. Extra trips will run between C.W. Post and Flushing in rush hours.

N21 (Locust Valley – Flushing ) : Extend to Locust Valley via Forest Ave. Headways adjusted to hourly all times, 30 min in rush hours.

N22 (Roosevelt Field – Jamaica) and N29 (Roosevelt Field – Woodbury): Split up route into two sections. Existing section west of Roosevelt Field will run via N22 route, with some rush hour trips operating the “A” routing. Rush hour headways will be 15 min, 30 min all other times. New N29 route will run the eastern section of the route*

N23 (Manorhaven – Mineola): Changes to weekday service, every 30 min rush hours with every other trip ending at Old Northern Blvd and Rt.25a. Hourly all other times.

N24 (Nassau Community College – Jamaica): Runs to NCC weekdays instead of Lindbergh or East Meadow. Ends at Roosevelt Field on weekends. Runs every 20 min weekday rush hours, every 45 minutes other times and Saturday, hourly Sunday.

N25 (Lynbrook – Great Neck): remove loop by LIJ to reduce running time, only certain rush hour trips will serve LIJ loop. Runs every 40 min weekdays, except every 20-30 min between Hempstead Turnpike/Franklin Square and Great Neck Village ( Middle & Arrandale, all other trips to Great Neck LIRR), weekday rush hours only. Hourly service on Saturdays. No service Sunday.

N26 (Manhasset – Jamaica): shorten to start at North Shore University Hosp – Manhasset

N27 (HTC - Glen Cove): Changes to weekday service patterns. During rush hours, at 30 min headways, some trips will run express from Glen Cove, via Glen Cove Rd, bypassing Glen Cove Ave, and Roslyn Rd. Other trips will originate at Roslyn Rail. Rush hours will be from 7am – 9am and 5pm to 7pm. Hourly service other times due to lighter ridership at those times. Saturday: hourly except every 45 minutes between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm. Sunday: Hourly

N29 (Roosevelt Field – Woodbury) *route will run the eastern section of the route, between RF and Hicksville. Routing will be changed to run via Old Country Rd, Post Ave, Union, Prospect to Hicksville, then to Woodbury via the N79 route. Full route will operate hourly all times, with extra trips between RFM and Hicksville to provide to 20-30 min headways in the busy Prospect ave corridor. Will replace N79 route to Woodbury

N31: eliminate

N32 (Far Rockaway – Roosevelt Field): Extend to Roosevelt Field, and run via Hempstead Ave, Lakeview Ave, Woodfield Rd, exiting route to HTC, then via Clinton (current N35 route) to Roosevelt Field. This gives the 5 towns a direct bus to the Roosevelt Field and NCC area. Runs every 30 minutes Mon – Sat with every other trip terminating at HTC. Sunday: Hourly full route.

N33 (Long Beach – Far Rockaway): Service adjusted to run hourly all times.

N35 (Baldwin Harbor – Westbury): New route will skip Roosevelt Field and run via N16 route between NCC and Hempstead. Extra NCC – HTC trippers for busy times. Otherwise 30 min service between NCC and Baldwin, with every other trip running up to Post + Rockland in Westbury. Weekends will run full route, hourly.

N36: eliminate and merged into new N1 route

N40 (Mineola – Freeport): Leave alone

N41 (Mineola – Freeport): Leave alone

N43 (Freeport – Roosevelt Field): Leave alone

N45 (Roosevelt Field – Sunrise Mall): Use existing route to Merrick, then down Merrick Ave, to Sunrise Highway to Sunrise Mall. Having more shopping centers, malls, and transfer points will boost ridership, adding a new direct link between Sunrise Mall and Roosevelt Field, runs every 90 min Mon-Sat

N46: eliminate

N47: eliminate

N48 (HTC – Hicksville): Weekdays only, runs hourly to Hicksville

N49 (HTC - Hicksville): Hourly to Broadway Mall 7 days a week

N50: eliminate due to low ridership

N51: duplicated by new N45 in Merrick, eliminate

N54: eliminate

N55 (Sunrise Mall – HTC ): Runs hourly 7 days a week, with service every 30 min weekday rush hours

N57: eliminate due to low ridership

N58: combined with N25

N62 (AHRC Loop): Use minibuses, rush hours only

N70 (HTC – Melville): runs weekday rush hours only

N71 (HTC – Sunrise Mall): Runs every 30 min rush hours, hourly all other times Mon- Sun

N72 (HTC – Babylon): 30 min service between Rt.110/Republic – HTC, some rush hour trips extended to Babylon via Rt.109 (Mon- Fri). Sunday hourly service to Rt.110/Conklin

#schedule N70/71/72 to provide 10 min service between Farmingdale and HTC rush hours (Mon – Sat laborers) with extra trippers provided, every 20 min other times weekday and Saturday, 30 min Sunday

N73: Eliminate

N74 (Wantagh – Roosevelt Field): redesign into one route, running from Roosevelt Field, via Old Country Rd, via existing route to Wantagh, 7 days a week service, hourly. Putting more direct destinations on this route will boost ridership

Old Country Rd between RF and Hicksville will have extra trippers for busy rush hour times.

N77 (Mineola – Walt Whitman Mall): New route to replace N79 service to Walt Whitman Mall, via East Gate Blvd, Old Country Rd, Union Ave (via Post), Brush Hollow Rd and Jericho Turnpike. Adds service to Syosset commercial corridor. Will operate hourly 7 days a week.

N78: eliminate

N79: eliminate

N80: eliminate

N81 (Syosset LIRR – Sunrise Mall): redesign into new route serving Sunrise Mall, Bethpage, via South Oyster Bay road to Syosset Rail. With connections to LIRR in the Massapequas and Syosset, schools and business in Bethpage, and shopping along S.Oyster Bay rd, ridership will be boosted along this weak route. Hourly service weekdays, Bi-Hourly on Saturday, 3 AM and 3 PM trips on Sunday.

N87 (Hicksville – Jones Beach): restore route, 5AM and 5PM trips Memorial Day – Labor Day

N88 (Freeport – Jones Beach): leave alone

Slightly little-off topic, it could like this right if service cut happened and bus comes very infrequent?

140294.jpg

Crowded%20bus.jpg

crowded-bus.jpg

crowded-bus2.jpg

Look at bottom of pictures. School official in Westbury CT has students risking their lives for making them life on roof and rear bumper. It looks like small bus is going to tip over.

Slightly little-off topic, it could like this right if service cut happened and bus comes very infrequent?

140294.jpg

Crowded%20bus.jpg

crowded-bus.jpg

crowded-bus2.jpg

Look at bottom of pictures. School official in Westbury CT has students risking their lives for making them life on roof and rear bumper. It looks like small bus is going to tip over.

This india is the only country I believe needs A SUBWAY THAT GOES TO VILLAGES!!!!!!!!! yes a long distance underground rail network is needed to augment their trains literally ppl are ON THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!

Heck a supersubway. Buses obviously DON'T HACK IT THERE AT ALL

This india is the only country I believe needs A SUBWAY THAT GOES TO VILLAGES!!!!!!!!! yes a long distance underground rail network is needed to augment their trains literally ppl are ON THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!

Good when you're done convincing Nassau County for your plan, convince India with your next plan.

QJ, I think subway will not help ease crowd either.

Look at how crowded Indian trains are. Just like buses, people riding on roof of train.

traveling+on+train+in+india+%25284%2529.jpg

traveling+on+train+in+india+%25287%2529.jpg

PinePower, I think I might try to put your ideas on Google Map to see how it looks like.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS ****** UP can't they run double decker trains every 3 mins ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH LOCAL SKIP STOP THEN EXPRESS THEN SUPER EXPRESS maybe that might work after upgrading the tracks and signal systems heck they might need 12 additional tracks for each train line that is MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good when you're done convincing Nassau County for your plan, convince India with your next plan.

NAH I AM NOT on the international level yet I know nothing about INDIA other than SLAVESHIPS they call transit.

Besides my nassau plan ties in indirectly to suffolk but my suffolk plan is VERY different and focuses on the sunrise hwy,LIE,nesconset and veterans memorial hwy corridors it consolidates short lines into medium routes. supplements service along busy corridors and also eliminates duplicates. In addition a few highway based lines are created as well. All this is paid for via a fare hike and new zone system for long distance lines.

PinePower, can you tell me exact location of Great S.Bay shopping Center on Long Beach Rd, please?

Yuki...

- Great south bay shopping center is in suffolk county (west babylon)....

- That shopping ctr on Long beach road (along the N15, in oceanside), that's The Sands shopping center....

Every large city is building a subway or Busway , and there doing it at a fast pace....

Look at how crowded Indian trains are. Just like buses, people riding on roof of train.

traveling+on+train+in+india+%25284%2529.jpg

traveling+on+train+in+india+%25287%2529.jpg

PinePower, I think I might try to put your ideas on Google Map to see how it looks like.

They cracked down on riders like that.....and are now focusing on upgrading there Railway network.....

I figured I'd start a new thread as this is my completed plan. I will be submitting this suggestion to Veolia and Nassau County.

I will be sending these ideas to Veolia. I am trying to make the most of service and attract new riders to low usage routes.

11 routes are eliminated, 1 is restored.

Recommended Adjustments:

*Most routes will run 5am – 11pm Mon-Sat and Sunday service will run from 6am – 10pm, except 24 hour service on the N4 and N6.

*Special limited service schedules for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, as usual Sunday service is excessive on those days

*Reseat Orion 7 buses to hold more passengers

*Look into sources of revenue from bus wraps and other advertising

N1 (Floral Pk – Oceanside): Extend to Floral Park LIRR sta via Plainfield and Tulip and merge with N36, terminating at Great S.Bay shopping Center on Long Beach Rd. Runs hourly all times Mon – Sun.

N2: eliminate

N4 (Freeport – Jamaica): leave alone

N6 (Freeport – Jamaica): leave alone

N8: eliminate

N14: eliminate

N15 (Roosevelt Field – Long Beach): Runs via Stewart and Washington between RF and HTC, redundant service on Old Country and Mineola/HTC corridor w N40/41. Will be moved to run down Peninsula Blvd, N.Village to return service to Mercy Hospital, to RVC. Quicker trip time between HTC and RF. Runs every 20 min weekday rush hours, 30 min other times and weekends, with extra trips between HTC and RF at certain times.

N16: eliminate

N19 (Freeport – Sunrise Mall): Shortened to run between Sunrise Mall and Freeport, with Suffolk extending the 25 to Sunrise Mall via existing N19 route. Most N19 riders ride either from points between Sunrise Mall and Freeport, or points east of Sunrise Mall to the mall. Weekday rush hours headways will be 30 min, hourly all other times and Saturday. No service Sunday.

N20 (Hicksville – Flushing): All trips run Roslyn viaduct (no clock tower, that will be served by N21 & 23). LTD trips remain skipping Great Neck Station as well. Weekday headways will be every 30 min between 6am – 10am and 4pm – 8pm, hourly all other times and weekends. Extra trips will run between C.W. Post and Flushing in rush hours.

N21 (Locust Valley – Flushing ) : Extend to Locust Valley via Forest Ave. Headways adjusted to hourly all times, 30 min in rush hours.

N22 (Roosevelt Field – Jamaica) and N29 (Roosevelt Field – Woodbury): Split up route into two sections. Existing section west of Roosevelt Field will run via N22 route, with some rush hour trips operating the “A” routing. Rush hour headways will be 15 min, 30 min all other times. New N29 route will run the eastern section of the route*

N23 (Manorhaven – Mineola): Changes to weekday service, every 30 min rush hours with every other trip ending at Old Northern Blvd and Rt.25a. Hourly all other times.

N24 (Nassau Community College – Jamaica): Runs to NCC weekdays instead of Lindbergh or East Meadow. Ends at Roosevelt Field on weekends. Runs every 20 min weekday rush hours, every 45 minutes other times and Saturday, hourly Sunday.

N25 (Lynbrook – Great Neck): remove loop by LIJ to reduce running time, only certain rush hour trips will serve LIJ loop. Runs every 40 min weekdays, except every 20-30 min between Hempstead Turnpike/Franklin Square and Great Neck Village ( Middle & Arrandale, all other trips to Great Neck LIRR), weekday rush hours only. Hourly service on Saturdays. No service Sunday.

N26 (Manhasset – Jamaica): shorten to start at North Shore University Hosp – Manhasset

N27 (HTC - Glen Cove): Changes to weekday service patterns. During rush hours, at 30 min headways, some trips will run express from Glen Cove, via Glen Cove Rd, bypassing Glen Cove Ave, and Roslyn Rd. Other trips will originate at Roslyn Rail. Rush hours will be from 7am – 9am and 5pm to 7pm. Hourly service other times due to lighter ridership at those times. Saturday: hourly except every 45 minutes between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm. Sunday: Hourly

N29 (Roosevelt Field – Woodbury) *route will run the eastern section of the route, between RF and Hicksville. Routing will be changed to run via Old Country Rd, Post Ave, Union, Prospect to Hicksville, then to Woodbury via the N79 route. Full route will operate hourly all times, with extra trips between RFM and Hicksville to provide to 20-30 min headways in the busy Prospect ave corridor. Will replace N79 route to Woodbury

N31: eliminate

N32 (Far Rockaway – Roosevelt Field): Extend to Roosevelt Field, and run via Hempstead Ave, Lakeview Ave, Woodfield Rd, exiting route to HTC, then via Clinton (current N35 route) to Roosevelt Field. This gives the 5 towns a direct bus to the Roosevelt Field and NCC area. Runs every 30 minutes Mon – Sat with every other trip terminating at HTC. Sunday: Hourly full route.

N33 (Long Beach – Far Rockaway): Service adjusted to run hourly all times.

N35 (Baldwin Harbor – Westbury): New route will skip Roosevelt Field and run via N16 route between NCC and Hempstead. Extra NCC – HTC trippers for busy times. Otherwise 30 min service between NCC and Baldwin, with every other trip running up to Post + Rockland in Westbury. Weekends will run full route, hourly.

N36: eliminate and merged into new N1 route

N40 (Mineola – Freeport): Leave alone

N41 (Mineola – Freeport): Leave alone

N43 (Freeport – Roosevelt Field): Leave alone

N45 (Roosevelt Field – Sunrise Mall): Use existing route to Merrick, then down Merrick Ave, to Sunrise Highway to Sunrise Mall. Having more shopping centers, malls, and transfer points will boost ridership, adding a new direct link between Sunrise Mall and Roosevelt Field, runs every 90 min Mon-Sat

N46: eliminate

N47: eliminate

N48 (HTC – Hicksville): Weekdays only, runs hourly to Hicksville

N49 (HTC - Hicksville): Hourly to Broadway Mall 7 days a week

N50: eliminate due to low ridership

N51: duplicated by new N45 in Merrick, eliminate

N54: eliminate

N55 (Sunrise Mall – HTC ): Runs hourly 7 days a week, with service every 30 min weekday rush hours

N57: eliminate due to low ridership

N58: combined with N25

N62 (AHRC Loop): Use minibuses, rush hours only

N70 (HTC – Melville): runs weekday rush hours only

N71 (HTC – Sunrise Mall): Runs every 30 min rush hours, hourly all other times Mon- Sun

N72 (HTC – Babylon): 30 min service between Rt.110/Republic – HTC, some rush hour trips extended to Babylon via Rt.109 (Mon- Fri). Sunday hourly service to Rt.110/Conklin

#schedule N70/71/72 to provide 10 min service between Farmingdale and HTC rush hours (Mon – Sat laborers) with extra trippers provided, every 20 min other times weekday and Saturday, 30 min Sunday

N73: Eliminate

N74 (Wantagh – Roosevelt Field): redesign into one route, running from Roosevelt Field, via Old Country Rd, via existing route to Wantagh, 7 days a week service, hourly. Putting more direct destinations on this route will boost ridership

Old Country Rd between RF and Hicksville will have extra trippers for busy rush hour times.

N77 (Mineola – Walt Whitman Mall): New route to replace N79 service to Walt Whitman Mall, via East Gate Blvd, Old Country Rd, Union Ave (via Post), Brush Hollow Rd and Jericho Turnpike. Adds service to Syosset commercial corridor. Will operate hourly 7 days a week.

N78: eliminate

N79: eliminate

N80: eliminate

N81 (Syosset LIRR – Sunrise Mall): redesign into new route serving Sunrise Mall, Bethpage, via South Oyster Bay road to Syosset Rail. With connections to LIRR in the Massapequas and Syosset, schools and business in Bethpage, and shopping along S.Oyster Bay rd, ridership will be boosted along this weak route. Hourly service weekdays, Bi-Hourly on Saturday, 3 AM and 3 PM trips on Sunday.

N87 (Hicksville – Jones Beach): restore route, 5AM and 5PM trips Memorial Day – Labor Day

N88 (Freeport – Jones Beach): leave alone

N1: Personally, I agree with it, but I remember in a thread a while ago, there were reasons why it wouldn't work (mostly related to MIMBYism)

N2/4/6/8 (who do we appreciate? :( ): Agree.

N15/16: No comment.

N19: I can see that being reduced to a rush hour-only route between Sunrise and Freeport (again, consider their budget)

N20: I'd have it serve the Clock Tower. I don't like buses skipping major destinations, especially at low frequencies.

N21/N24/N25/N26: Agree.

N22: I doubt they'll run service more frequently than the current headways, especially if the buses are reseated (I'm referring to east of the RFM)

N23: I assume you mean between Manorhaven and Old Northern Blvd, right?

N27: No comment about Glen Cove Road. I'd have it go to that waterfront park along (I believe) Landing Road.

N32: Agree with extending it to the RFM. No comment on the other parts.

N33: Agree.

N35: See N20 comment.

N40/N41/N43: Agree.

N45: No comment. All I'll say is I don't like 90 minute routes.

N48/N49: I don't think it's too expensive to keep them at their current terminal, unless the purpose is to interline them.

N55: Agree.

N70/71/72: I saw no need for the laborer comment, but I'd be tempted to cut the N72 back to the Farmingdale LIRR station, and hope that SCT can run something from Farmingdale to Babylon (I mean, you're making that assumption for the N19)

N74: Agree.

N77: Agree (Are you having it serve the Syosset LIRR station or keeping it on Jericho Turnpike?)

N81: Why is there a 3AM trip?

N87: I'd just extend the N74. It would still have fairly low ridership and could use the boost.

N88: Agree.

Well I cant do any better unless you want ppl standing on the roof..:(

Every hear of double-decker buses? ;)

Well, think about it this way: A bus can carry 100 people, whereas a train can carry 2,000 people (of course, in India, you probably have to double that).

N1: Personally, I agree with it, but I remember in a thread a while ago, there were reasons why it wouldn't work (mostly related to MIMBYism)

I agree with pine power on the N1.

N2/4/6/8 (who do we appreciate? :( ): Agree. Disagree with N8 I would extend it to mineola via adelphi to enhance ridership if that doesn't work THEN eliminateN15/16: No comment.

N19: I can see that being reduced to a rush hour-only route between Sunrise and Freeport (again, consider their budget)

NOPE I'd leave N19 alone cause that is interline opportunity OR replace that rting with N71 extension so N72 can interline.N20: I'd have it serve the Clock Tower. I don't like buses skipping major destinations, especially at low frequencies.

NOPE again dispose of all N20 short turns and rename them N80 extend via LIE service rd or LIE to hicksville the time savings however is eaten up by operating N80 rte to massapequa rush service adjusted to link with LIRR betterN21/N24/N25/N26: Agree.

NO touching N24 extend to bellmore weekdays only replacing bellmore ave N50 segment these interline with N4N22: I doubt they'll run service more frequently than the current headways, especially if the buses are reseated (I'm referring to east of the RFM)

N23: I assume you mean between Manorhaven and Old Northern Blvd, right?

N27: No comment about Glen Cove Road. I'd have it go to that waterfront park along (I believe) Landing Road.

NO need to mess with N27 extend N46 or 45 to act like an express variant of N27 N46 reroutes to become more useful and help with NCC crowdsN32: Agree with extending it to the RFM. No comment on the other parts.

NO need just extend it to mineola LIRRN33: Agree.

N35: See N20 comment.

nothingN40/N41/N43: Agree.

N45: No comment. All I'll say is I don't like 90 minute routes.

N48/N49: I don't think it's too expensive to keep them at their current terminal, unless the purpose is to interline them.

N55: Agree.

N70/71/72: I saw no need for the laborer comment, but I'd be tempted to cut the N72 back to the Farmingdale LIRR station, and hope that SCT can run something from Farmingdale to Babylon (I mean, you're making that assumption for the N19)

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT the N72 connects ppl to babylon and LIRR and is a connection for regional travel it links ppl from southern area or southeast to hempstead turnpike and to ronkonkoma LIRR plus UNLIKE SCT IT'S MORE FREQUENT LEAVE N72 ALONE!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT GIVE SCT MORE WORK THEY ARE ALREADY OVERWORKED AS IT IS SERVING SUCH A HUGE COUNTYN74: Agree.

N77: Agree (Are you having it serve the Syosset LIRR station or keeping it on Jericho Turnpike?) that is what my new N34 is for sort of it starts at oysterbay via rte 106 via jericho tpk then through new cassel rn rte to NCC nassau hub then fast via penninsula timed with long beach LIRR for quick trip then all the way to far rockaway it's a faster version of N32 BUT N16 short turns are axed.N81: Why is there a 3AM trip?

N87: I'd just extend the N74. It would still have fairly low ridership and could use the boost.

I tried to tell him that it's easier to extend N74/73 than waste time with N87 CMON pinepower you live in LI you KNOW BETTERN88: Agree.

Every hear of double-decker buses? ;)

Well, think about it this way: A bus can carry 100 people, whereas a train can carry 2,000 people (of course, in India, you probably have to double that).

You talk way too much about full buses sometimes you have to better inform ppl of their options so they know it exists eventually ridership can increase just takes a little information inform ppl of the line's existance and sometimes you need marketing to improve ridership.

Not every bus will be full on the first day you would know that if you went to MD and used the new 201 it starts of empty but then marketing informs ppl then ppl use it then like it they will tell more to use it eventually growing ridership not every route will be an instant HIT sometimes you have to find your riders.:cool: Replies in red.

@pinepower DO NOT TOUCH N16 BUDDY. N16 just needs to be reconfigured. It gets loads at NCC BUT you can make it more useful by rerouting it to green acres mall enhancing access from nassau side and retiming trips to link with babylon trains from rockville centre LIRR many trains east of rockville centre bypass lynbrook and almost NONE of em stop west of rockville centre in nassau. N16 extension mitigates this problem a bit.

Do not, and i say, do not cut the N51

Reason #1) it can get crushloaded. I've seen it like that.

Reason #2)If you replace it south of camp ave with the N45, what replaces it north?

Reason #3) Para-transit buses use the route.

Archived