More Country Club Complaints about the Bx24

GreatOne2k

http://mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/NYCT_2010_Service_Reduction_Evaluation.pdf

page 34 (B-5) under followup actions

Country Club wants fewer stops on the Bx24.

Bx24 has too many stops apparently, even though it is supposed to have the same number of stops as the Bx14.

They also want the Bx24 extended to Westchester Square.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really seriously really? These residence always got something to complain about. They had the Bx8 via Country Club and Pelham Bay to/from Westchester Square and they complained the buses was to loud. Now they got the Bx24 that takes them to Pelham Bay Park (6) subway station and now they complaining about the bus stops. Who the hell they think they are? Real ungreatful bastards.....some places who got service cuts have no buses running @ all and here's a place where there is bus service and they still complain about it. They can't have it their way....this isn't Burger King....smdh!

:cool:

Really seriously really? These residence always got something to complain about. They had the Bx8 via Country Club and Pelham Bay to/from Westchester Square and they complained the buses was to loud. Now they got the Bx24 that takes them to Pelham Bay Park (6) subway station and now they complaining about the bus stops. Who the hell they think they are? Real ungreatful bastards.....some places who got service cuts have no buses running @ all and here's a place where there is bus service and they still complain about it. They can't have it their way....this isn't Burger King....smdh!

Finally something we agree on!!!!!!!

I wonder why not extend BX4A or BX31 to country club via middletown rd and jarvis ave then eliminate BX24???? Yes they will lose direct rtes to pelham bay but they get to (6) faster and those wanting co-op will still transfer to Q50.

Have a few 4A trips OR 31 trips to replace the BX24 routing in country club but the service direct to pelhan bay will get dropped as a result.

I hope the merger of 31 or 4A can be enough to shut em up or will they complain about that too??

I don`t know if this article has been posted.

It from Friday, April 15, 2011 3:10 PM EDT

Country Club Residents Blast (Bx24) Bus

Country Club residents have found bus service in their neighborhood unacceptable for months and finally had a chance to directly tell the (MTA) about it.

Over 100 Country Club residents convened at Providence Rest on 3304 Waterbury Avenue on Thursday, April 7 to meet with Senator Jeff Klein and three representatives of the (MTA).

The purpose of the meeting, organized by Senator Klein’s office, was to give neighborhood residents a chance to explain exactly why they found local bus service to be unacceptable.

Country Club has been served by the (Bx24) bus since January and although residents had several issues with the route, the main concern was that it did not provide easy access to Westchester Square, which is where many Country Club residents shop and visit doctors. Bus service in Country Club was altered drastically in June 2010, when government budget cuts forced the MTA to retract service. Prior to those cuts, Country Club was served by the (Bx14) route. The (Bx8) was rerouted to replace the (Bx14), and residents quickly objected, which led to the birth of the (Bx24) in January.

“Residents strongly objected to the new bus stops on Stadium Avenue and the more frequent headway of the (Bx8),” MTA spokeswoman Deirdre Parker said in an e-mail. “Bx8 customers on Layton Avenue also complained that they could no longer access their destinations on Crosby Avenue.”

For many residents, the (Bx24) did not make matters any better.

“There is not one bus going to Westchester Square,” Rose Mosher, a Country Club resident for 28 years, said at the meeting.

The (Bx24) runs from Westchester Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard, alongside Pelham Bay Park, does two loops in Country Club, and returns to its origin.

Aside from connecting with other bus routes, the (Bx24) does little to get people out of Country Club.

“Now it takes an hour to get to Westchester Square,” Country Club resident Jean Macek said. “It used to take 25 minutes.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Residents also expressed concern about a lack of viable public transportation driving down property values, bus stops being grouped too close together and bus stops directly in front of their homes.

Despite Klein’s efforts in organizing the meeting, the Country Club residents’ passion in getting their points across and the (MTA) representatives’ patience in hearing them out, it is unlikely that anything will immediately come out the meeting.

The best-case scenario for Country Club residents, and all New Yorkers who have expressed dissatisfaction with public transportation since June 2010, is that the (MTA) will prioritize them when, and if, funding is restored.

“Sometimes we get very good feedback,” Buckley Yung manager of bus service planning for the (MTA) said. “We bring it back. It’s not our decision, it’s a higher level decision.”

“Bringing a bus to Westchester Square would cost us a significant amount of money,” (MTA) deputy director of government and community relations Dan Marino told the audience. “Money that we don’t have.”

“We want to be able to have the people who are here, and miss their bus service relate their experiences to the (MTA),” Klein said.

Real difficult to fix, as Country Club is isolated by the Bruckner---a decision has to be made really.

But the Bx8 was really rerouted away from Country Club because of complaints by Throgs Neck residents that they could not reach the Foodtown at Crosby and Bruckner, and the Bx24 as created to fill in a service gap.

As I see it, the doomsday cuts here were a disaster and poorly thought out. I would undo the revisions completely and revert the service plans to their pre-summer 2010 frequencies with 2 revisions to the Bx14:

1. In Pelham Bay, the Bx14 would divert into the neighborhood via Middletown and Crosby Avenues.

2. The Bx14 would only serve Country Club on an hourly basis and only on weekdays from 6 AM to 9 PM and 8 AM to 8 PM on Saturdays; at other times, Pelham Bay Park would be the last stop.

Real difficult to fix, as Country Club is isolated by the Bruckner---a decision has to be made really.

But the Bx8 was really rerouted away from Country Club because of complaints by Throgs Neck residents that they could not reach the Foodtown at Crosby and Bruckner, and the Bx24 as created to fill in a service gap.

As I see it, the doomsday cuts here were a disaster and poorly thought out. I would undo the revisions completely and revert the service plans to their pre-summer 2010 frequencies with 2 revisions to the Bx14:

1. In Pelham Bay, the Bx14 would divert into the neighborhood via Middletown and Crosby Avenues.

2. The Bx14 would only serve Country Club on an hourly basis and only on weekdays from 6 AM to 9 PM and 8 AM to 8 PM on Saturdays; at other times, Pelham Bay Park would be the last stop.

Or we can stick to my plan and let BX4A do that instead or BX31.:cool:

:cool:

Finally something we agree on!!!!!!!

I wonder why not extend BX4A or BX31 to country club via middletown rd and jarvis ave then eliminate BX24???? Yes they will lose direct rtes to pelham bay but they get to (6) faster and those wanting co-op will still transfer to Q50.

Have a few 4A trips OR 31 trips to replace the BX24 routing in country club but the service direct to pelhan bay will get dropped as a result.

I hope the merger of 31 or 4A can be enough to shut em up or will they complain about that too??

Cocaine's one hell of a drug

don't feel like quoting... so I'll do it this way:

- I don't care how affluent these ppl. are.... Riverdale doesn't complain THIS much about LOCAL bus service.... if they're (country club) so affluent, then they don't need local bus service.... Sick of hearing about these people, well period, but especially when it comes to bus service......

- Bx4a nor the Bx31 doesn't need to go to no damn country club.... stop w/ the foamer BS already.... they're gonna complain about "too many buses" running through the neighborhood - that's why the Bx8 got re-rerouted (out of country club)....

- yeh, most of us saw more bitching comin out of these ppl.... Now these SOB's are complaining about the amount of stops.... Where was this complaint when the Bx14 was around? That's how you know these ppl. are miserable pieces of shit....

How about this...

Treat the entire neighborhood of country club, like a park & ride.... In other words, have TWO stops where residents will all congregate to catch the bus.... 1 stop south of CC rd & 1 stop north of CC rd.... where those TWO stops would be placed, CC residents will have FULL say.....

^^ Give those ppl. crosby av service... and move the Bx5 BACK on Bruckner blvd (no stops).....

Then & only then do I say the 24 should be extended to Westchester Sq.

(under the same/current headways 24's have by the way)

- I don't care how affluent these ppl. are.... Riverdale doesn't complain THIS much about LOCAL bus service.... if they're (country club) so affluent, then they don't need local bus service.... Sick of hearing about these people, well period, but especially when it comes to bus service......

- Bx4a nor the Bx31 doesn't need to go to no damn country club.... stop w/ the foamer BS already.... they're gonna complain about "too many buses" running through the neighborhood - that's why the Bx8 got re-rerouted (out of country club)....

- yeh, most of us saw more bitching comin out of these ppl.... Now these SOB's are complaining about the amount of stops.... Where was this complaint when the Bx14 was around? That's how you know these ppl. are miserable pieces of shit....

How about this...

Treat the entire neighborhood of country club, like a park & ride.... In other words, have TWO stops where residents will all congregate to catch the bus.... 1 stop south of CC rd & 1 stop north of CC rd.... where those TWO stops would be placed, CC residents will have FULL say.....

^^ Give those ppl. crosby av service... and move the Bx5 BACK on Bruckner blvd (no stops).....

Reminds me when I overheard two old people at a BxM8 stop saying how they want the route to go into Cuntry Club....Man I was about to say some shit....

I do laugh at that Bx8 argument, I guess the CNGs wouldnt let them sleep! LOL!

How about this...

ur right but their argument about too many buses can be killed if ONLY SELECTED trips like every 40 mins 31 or 4A can go there but yes I agree with your stopps argument well said

Now they have a personal loop route running on 30 min headways, that only has bus connections at really the last stop (can't be interlined with any of them), serving 1 and only 1 low density neighborhood which is the exact type of thing that doesn't save money and it's a problem because its making too many stops even though its making all the old 14 stops? Give me a break.

The MTA is giving them far too much say. Any changes/alternatives to routes in that area are going to be met with a problem or cause one of a differnet part of the route:

Bx4A/5/Bx12 local: Artics turning in CC

Any route from WF: noisy CNGs

Bx23 (IMO this should have been what they sent down there because it's short): 1 seat ride from Co-op to CC= riff raff in the neighborhood

Bxm8/9: MCI's laying over/noise complaint.

Bx8: too many buses which had to be a joke

Essentially what they want is a route that doesn't end there, doesn't go to any bad neighborhoods, is frequent but not too frequent and does all the things the 14 they didn't use did. which is impossible.

they forget it's still the Bronx, someone point out to them that theres still no N/S service east of Springfield and i'm pretty sure that area is a hell of a lot more affluent

Reminds me when I overheard two old people at a BxM8 stop saying how they want the route to go into Cuntry Club....Man I was about to say some shit....

I do laugh at that Bx8 argument, I guess the CNGs wouldnt let them sleep! LOL!

hah, there's a good one (including the wordplay !).... If they think the CNG's or the O5's (what used to run on the 14) are too noisy, it'll be a doozy to hear what they'll say about MCI's rumbling on their streets....

ur right but their argument about too many buses can be killed if ONLY SELECTED trips like every 40 mins 31 or 4A can go there but yes I agree with your stopps argument well said

...or continue to having the 24 run under the same service levels they are now.

a 31 or 4a extension (even if it is a select # of runs) is a lose-lose situation; for both country club riders, and riders on each of those 2 routes..... the "riff raff" in their neighborhood argument is gonna arise from having that happen, especially w/ the 31....

Now they have a personal loop route running on 30 min headways, that only has bus connections at really the last stop (can't be interlined with any of them), serving 1 and only 1 low density neighborhood which is the exact type of thing that doesn't save money and it's a problem because its making too many stops even though its making all the old 14 stops? Give me a break.

The MTA is giving them far too much say. Any changes/alternatives to routes in that area are going to be met with a problem or cause one of a differnet part of the route:

Bx4A/5/Bx12 local: Artics turning in CC

Any route from WF: noisy CNGs

Bx23 (IMO this should have been what they sent down there because it's short): 1 seat ride from Co-op to CC= riff raff in the neighborhood

Bxm8/9: MCI's laying over/noise complaint.

Bx8: too many buses which had to be a joke

Essentially what they want is a route that doesn't end there, doesn't go to any bad neighborhoods, is frequent but not too frequent and does all the things the 14 they didn't use did. which is impossible.

they forget it's still the Bronx, someone point out to them that theres still no N/S service east of Springfield and i'm pretty sure that area is a hell of a lot more affluent

Would they complain if Q79 was restored and extended to pelham bay via country club??? heck it's now a bus that only serves affluent ppl right??? 2 affluent areas to be exact or will they bitch about that too??

hah, there's a good one (including the wordplay !).... If they think the CNG's or the O5's (what used to run on the 14) are too noisy, it'll be a doozy to hear what they'll say about MCI's rumbling on their streets....

...or continue to having the 24 run under the same service levels they are now.

a 31 or 4a extension (even if it is a select # of runs) is a lose-lose situation; for both country club riders, and riders on each of those 2 routes..... the "riff raff" in their neighborhood argument is gonna arise from having that happen, especially w/ the 31....

ohh those ppl are beyond snobbish

If they do decide to extend the Bx24 to Westchester Square....I bet you Country Club residents will still complain...plus there's no room around Westchester Square to lay over the buses. You got Bx21/31 lay over under the Pelham Line El, you got the Bx4/A lay over the other side of subway station and two 60 ft buses take up half the block. Then you got the Bx40/42. Its a win-lose situation.

Also Westchester Square-E. Tremont Avenue (6) subway station don't have any elevators nor escalators so they will complain how they can't climb those many stairs!

If they do decide to extend the Bx24 to Westchester Square....I bet you Country Club residents will still complain...plus there's no room around Westchester Square to lay over the buses. You got Bx21/31 lay over under the Pelham Line El, you got the Bx4/A lay over the other side of subway station and two 60 ft buses take up half the block. Then you got the Bx40/42. Its a win-lose situation.

Also Westchester Square-E. Tremont Avenue (6) subway station don't have any elevators nor escalators so they will complain how they can't climb those may stairs!

Is there anyway to shut em up???? Or will they complain about everything???

Would they complain if Q79 was restored and extended to pelham bay via country club??? heck it's now a bus that only serves affluent ppl right??? 2 affluent areas to be exact or will they bitch about that too??

My purpose for mentioning the Q79 was that it was route albeit lightly used that connected an LIRR STA, 3 different neighborhoods and had connections to 11 local routes and 5 express routes which is far more useful than the Bx24 serving 1 neighborhood, with connections to the (6), 5 local routes and the Bxm8 all at the last stop. CC also isn't miles away from the nearest subway, they have a lot more transit options than they think and they're simply complaining for no reason.

My purpose for mentioning the Q79 was that it was route albeit lightly used that connected an LIRR STA, 3 different neighborhoods and had connections to 11 local routes and 5 express routes which is far more useful than the Bx24 serving 1 neighborhood, with connections to the (6), 5 local routes and the Bxm8 all at the last stop. CC also isn't miles away from the nearest subway, they have a lot more transit options than they think and they're simply complaining for no reason.

but wouldn't Q79 silence em if extended???

You're joking right?

Also Westchester Square-E. Tremont Avenue (6) subway station don't have any elevators nor escalators so they will complain how they can't climb those many stairs!

Is there anyway to shut em up???? Or will they complain about everything???

See a common theme here guys.... You all are getting the picture, and that's good....

It's not about the actual services provided, it's about Country Club itself.

If it's not about bus service, you generally don't hear about that area of the Bronx.... you hear more about City Island than you do some Country Club.... you don't hear Locust pt. complaining about the Bx8, and you couldn't get any less dense than that area (they don't want the attention).... With Country Club, it's like they want to live the retirement community lifestyle & benefit from things that the urban lifestyle offers at the same time....

It's like a black or hispanic family moving deep in some secluded suburb, and complaining there's no local latin eateries or jerk chicken spots, or chain fast food restaurants....

Archived