Evaluation of the June 2010 Service Reductions

IRT Bronx Express

hmm slick are you trying to disguise a personal attack as something else I am not that foolish you know yet last I checked personal attacks were against the rules so in order to attack me you slickly reword the insults into a generalized form not buying it

misc-jackie-chan-l1.png

Yep, you apparently dont know how to read. How was I attacking you?

Now that you claim that I did, now I will. Go back to grade school and learn how to read and then come back to me when you have a functioning brain. And if you did check the rules, you'd know how to use the MULTI-QUOTE FEATURE.

And if you did check the rules, you'd notice that spamming is not allowed. You replied to the same post THREE TIMES, thats SPAMMING! EDIT THE POST INSTEAD OF REPLYING 9,001 TIMES!

SIT DOWN!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

misc-jackie-chan-l1.png

Now that you claim that I did, now I will. Go back to grade school and learn how to read. And if you did check the rules, you'd know how to use the MULTI-QUOTE FEATURE.

And if you did check the rules, you replied to the same post THREE TIMES, thats SPAMMING! EDIT THE POST INSTEAD OF REPLYING 9,001 TIMES!

SIT DOWN!

:tup::tup:

misc-jackie-chan-l1.png

Now that you claim that I did, now I will. Go back to grade school and learn how to read and then come back to me when you have a functioning brain. And if you did check the rules, you'd know how to use the MULTI-QUOTE FEATURE.

And if you did check the rules, you'd notice that spamming is not allowed. You replied to the same post THREE TIMES, thats SPAMMING! EDIT THE POST INSTEAD OF REPLYING 9,001 TIMES!

SIT DOWN!

taking a break from nyc come back to me on the regional and NJ forums I have things to work out I have no time to start fights with you and the via white guy your insults are throwing me off my focus

taking a break from nyc come back to me on the regional and NJ forums I have things to work out I have no time to start fights with you and the via white guy your insults are throwing me off my focus

So then keep your mouth shut. Simple! You had nothing to come back with. You started this anyway. And the NJ & Regional forums got nothing to do with this.

Once again, come back to me when you get a fully functioning brain. Until then

Sit down!

So then keep your mouth shut. Simple! You had nothing to come back with. You started this anyway. And the NJ & Regional forums got nothing to do with this.

Once again, come back to me when you get a fully functioning brain. Until then

Sit down!

I have a fully functioning brain if you want to see look at regional and NJ threads I have many things I have yet to complete and questions that need answering

• 4 weeks later...
Without reading all 11 pages:

I wrote MTA an email suggesting they use X27/X28 as X90's after ending at 57st.

I guess they didn't like the idea.

routes out of two different "divisions" aren't gonna interline.... if that were the case, you'd have SI expresses interlining with everything under the sun.....

Without reading all 11 pages:

I wrote MTA an email suggesting they use X27/X28 as X90's after ending at 57st.

I guess they didn't like the idea.

Also, there is the 2/5 train to B44 for Sheepshead Bay. Not as convenient, but it does exsist.

They were already doing that with the X25. The difference is that the X25 was out of Ulmer Park, which meant that once X27s or X28s were done, some became X25s. There weren't a ton of X25 runs so it wasn't a big deal, plus the deadheading factor wasn't that far either. However, with the X90 it's a completely different story and a TERRIBLE idea. X27s and X28s would have to deadhead over to the Upper East Side after getting through a ton of traffic in Midtown which would make them unreliable and you'd have X90 riders screaming like crazy, rightfully so. We had a similar problem with the X14 where some trips were late because some X14s were making an early trip to the city and then coming back to Staten Island in the morning to do another trip to the city. There was an 08:21 bus that was always late and basically came around the time when the last bus was due almost 20 minutes later, which defeated the purpose of that bus because you had nothing but bunching and bunch of irritated passengers who were now 20 minutes late.

routes out of two different "divisions" aren't gonna interline.... if that were the case, you'd have SI expresses interlining with everything under the sun.....

My sentiments exactly. These guys should use express buses more before commenting on things like this. You have to use at least some of the routes to understand the problems that they face and each one is unique in and of itself.

They were already doing that with the X25. The difference is that the X25 was out of Ulmer Park, which meant that once X27s or X28s were done, some became X25s. There weren't a ton of X25 runs so it wasn't a big deal, plus the deadheading factor wasn't that far either. However, with the X90 it's a completely different story and a TERRIBLE idea. X27s and X28s would have to deadhead over to the Upper East Side after getting through a ton of traffic in Midtown which would make them unreliable and you'd have X90 riders screaming like crazy, rightfully so.

The thing is that the X37/X38 are very frequent, so it's a different situation. If there's congestion and the normal bus can't get through to the UES, you just send whatever bus happens to be closest. It's a different situation than the X14, where the number of buses that can be used to make the run are less and you're factoring the congestion in both directions to boot.

In any case, a bus that's unreliable is better than no bus at all. If it's well known that the bus is unreliable, you'll have the die-hard X90 users wait it out, and those who want to use another option (taxi, subway, etc) will do so.

The thing is that the X37/X38 are very frequent, so it's a different situation. If there's congestion and the normal bus can't get through to the UES, you just send whatever bus happens to be closest. It's a different situation than the X14, where the number of buses that can be used to make the run are less and you're factoring the congestion in both directions to boot.

In any case, a bus that's unreliable is better than no bus at all. If it's well known that the bus is unreliable, you'll have the die-hard X90 users wait it out, and those who want to use another option (taxi, subway, etc) will do so.

Uh no because what usually happens is the bus gets cut which is what happened with that X14. :mad: People just stopped bothering and would get the earlier bus or wait for the bus after. No point in showing up for that bus and it always being late and coming a few minutes before or at the same time as the last bus, which was a good 20 minutes later. :P

OK brooklynbus do you know anyone who does planning other than short range

If you are talking about what goes on in other cities, I'm afraid I don't pay that much attention. But by definition all bus planning is short range. The difference is do you do ad hoc planning, ie just take care of immediate needs which is more or less what we do here in NYC, though not in the best way possible, or do you do comprehensive planning which trying to correct some of the mistakes of the past and look at the system as a whole and how one route affects another when making changes rather than only one or two at a time which is what we do here.

If you are talking about what goes on in other cities, I'm afraid I don't pay that much attention.

But by definition all bus planning is short range. The difference is do you do

+ ad hoc planning, ie just take care of immediate needs which is more or less what we do here in NYC, though not in the best way possible, or do you do

+ comprehensive planning which trying to correct some of the mistakes of the past and look at the system as a whole and how one route affects another when making changes rather than only one or two at a time which is what we do here.

Just to let you know what we're dealing with here....

- His (QJT's) definition of "short range" are local (city/urban) bus routes...

- His definition of "long range" is for the most part, anything suburban...

Regardless, I couldn't have put that statement of yours any better.... Agreed 100%....

....and I also believe that it's more difficult/involved planning for routes that travel in urban/localized areas (the genesis of it also holds true for any route that'll have intermediate stops along the way, as well.... doesn't necessarily have to be solely for urban routes... as you have bus routes in general that pass through urban & suburban areas)....

^^ It's far more you have to think about, planning-wise.... as opposed to (for example) having a route travel b/w 2 cities (just the 2 end terminals, no intermediate stops) or w/e....

If you are talking about what goes on in other cities, I'm afraid I don't pay that much attention. But by definition all bus planning is short range. The difference is do you do ad hoc planning, ie just take care of immediate needs which is more or less what we do here in NYC, though not in the best way possible, or do you do comprehensive planning which trying to correct some of the mistakes of the past and look at the system as a whole and how one route affects another when making changes rather than only one or two at a time which is what we do here.[/QUOTE]

Yup you hit the nail on the head buddy I go comprehensive planning on the system as a whole and how it relates to other nearby systems in the region.

When I make ideas the changes I propose to one route affects several other routes at once and other connecting services. I don't just look at MTA I look at everything that enters the region and passes through. I look at SL and trailways' LI service when I plan LI and I look at how SCT can relate to LIRR and how my changes affect LIRR ridership. When I make plans for NJT some of it has a dramatic effect on MTA SI bus routes as well as SEPTA and DART routes also. I never look at just one system when I make my ideas they involve multiple systems working together. Several of my NJT ideas directly impact ridership or can influence ridership on a few brooklyn routes in addition to SI lines. Sometimes I would have alternate ideas like S55 in my plan has 2 possibilities one absorb MCAT M7 completely and link with rte 18 buses OR stop dead at old bridge park and ride and an extended 600series rte can absorb M7 insteadadding revenue to the line for NJT rather than MTA. With one of the senarios giving a larger fare increase for former M7 riders that may be affected. My proposals effect several regions at once. My dutchess proposal has an effect on CT bus services's ridership and connectivity. And an effect on orange and westchester counties with 2 route changes but the effects can be felt over a distance. I think you get the picture. Basically I don't do what you ppl do here I don't do 1 or 2 route changes at a time I do a series which are connected in a different way and create a series of interconnectivity. basically my changes affect even routes that don't change that are nearby by increasing ridership however my structure effects lines in so many ways that I am not aware of all the possibilities each series of changes makes. Many of my ideas have benifits I am unaware of since they are that deeply connected.

Archived