2 to South Ferry with a twist

Amtrak7

Guest lance25

While some here, myself included, appreciate the history of how the system was run many moons ago, most casual riders don't really care. They'll probably just be among the folks wondering why a (2) train is stopping at Dyre Ave stations while the (5) is running up to 241 St.

I'm sure there will be:

Seems strange unless you know the reason and/or the past history. Probably does make sense from an operating standpoint.

Question then is, are they also going to have the (4) run to New Lots in place of the (3) (since I would think there is work going on in the (2)/(3) tunnel to Brooklyn)?

I'm sure there will be:

Seems strange unless you know the reason and/or the past history. Probably does make sense from an operating standpoint.

Question then is, are they also going to have the (4) run to New Lots in place of the (3) (since I would think there is work going on in the (2)/(3) tunnel to Brooklyn)?

I don't know anything about the (3), but I find that odd because usually the MTA posts the simpler GO's first and it was part of the (2) GO's during previous South Ferry runs.

There is not a single footnote about the (3) either. But the (Q) GO doesn't mention the (3). Hmm...

Guest lance25

Based on the (2)'s service pattern (running local from 34 St to Chambers St) for those three weekends, the (3) will probably be terminating at 14 St. Obviously if that's the case, both the (4) and (5) will likely run local in Brooklyn.

Guest lance25

During the overnight hours, Wednesday, October 12 through Friday, October 14, the aforementioned service change will be in effect. Both the (2) and (5) will be running local in Manhattan. In addition, (6) service will be curtailed to 125 St with (4) and (5) trains replacing the (6) in Manhattan.

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/

Click on 10/12 thru 10/14 for service advisories.

Apparently, this is a track chip-out south of Wall Street into the Clark Street tunnel that is causing these G.O.s

Doesn't this also mean unless they can somehow do a shuttle between Nevins and Borough Hall ((2)/(3) level) that Hoyt Street is closed completely?

They need to build crossovers north of Hoyt Street that would allow the (4)/(5) to stop at Hoyt when needed, as that would be very handy in a situation like this.

Guest lance25

Hoyt St is always closed when access to the Clark Street Tunnel is cut off. It's not that big a deal since the station is only a few blocks away from either Borough Hall or Nevins St.

We've seen (5) to 241 and (2) to SF before, but I've never seen (2) to Dyre (when the (5) was to 241, there was a Dyre shuttle).

I have done it there was a G.O like this backin my A Div Dayz...

HAL5000 is going to blow a fuse with this One ha ha...

Hoyt St is always closed when access to the Clark Street Tunnel is cut off. It's not that big a deal since the station is only a few blocks away from either Borough Hall or Nevins St.

Never realized that or Hoyt being such a quiet station like it apparently is at night.

Here is the crazy G.O

(2) Will Operate from Dyre Ave to South Ferry Via 7 av Local Between 34 St and Chambers.

(5) Will Operate from E 241 Street White Plains to Flatbush Ave Via Lex Exp Local in BKLYN.

(3) Will Operate from 148 St Lenox to 14 St

(4) will operate from Woodlawn to New Lots Ave.

Crew Wise 2 Crews will Operate # 5 trains with 2 Equipment and 5 crews operate # 2 trains with 5 Equipment.

Here is the crazy G.O

(2) Will Operate from Dyre Ave to South Ferry Via 7 av Local Between 34 St and Chambers.

(5) Will Operate from E 241 Street White Plains to Flatbush Ave Via Lex Exp Local in BKLYN.

Crew Wise 2 Crews will Operate # 5 trains with 2 Equipment and 5 crews operate # 2 trains with 5 Equipment.

Here is the crazy G.O

Is there track work in the Bronx or is the flip just for $$ reasons?

Here is the crazy G.O

Is there track work in the Bronx or is the flip just for $$ reasons?

Well quite confusing as this just about affects every IRT line except the 7. Just saw the GO today:

-1 trains run normally from 242nd to South Ferry

-5 crews work the "2", running from Dyre to South Ferry making all local stops. Trains are signed "2"

-3 trains run normally from 148th St. to Times Square. Any scheduled runs to New Lots still go to New Lots.

-4 trains run normally from Woodlawn to Utica or New Lots as scheduled.

-2 crews work the "5", running from 241st/White Plains to Flatbush making all local stops. Trains are signed "5"

-6 trains run shuttle only from Pelham to 125th St.

-42nd street shuttle runs all night

Well quite confusing as this just about affects every IRT line except the 7. Just saw the GO today:

-1 trains run normally from 242nd to South Ferry

-5 crews work the "2", running from Dyre to South Ferry making all local stops. Trains are signed "2"

-3 trains run normally from 148th St. to Times Square. Any scheduled runs to New Lots still go to New Lots.

-4 trains run normally from Woodlawn to Utica or New Lots as scheduled.

-2 crews work the "5", running from 241st/White Plains to Flatbush making all local stops. Trains are signed "5"

-42nd street shuttle runs all night

This is the late night version, not the weekend version right? The (3) can't go to New Lots with a chip out at Wall St...

This is the late night version, not the weekend version right? The (3) can't go to New Lots with a chip out at Wall St...

Yeah that's the late night version. I haven't looked at the weekend version yet

Edit: Just saw the weekend GO. Also Pelham Bay Dave already posted it above, I missed that before.

Yeah that's the late night version. I haven't looked at the weekend version yet

Edit: Just saw the weekend GO. Also Pelham Bay Dave already posted it above, I missed that before.

Archived