rule 4.7.1

sealteam1962

hi everyone im still in florida getting things done with my dads estate.i never got a call from the drug test which is over 30 days.i did get a letter that says you were considered but not selected for open competive list for bus operator. also it says under rule 471 rules and regulations new york city personnel director.therefore you can be recertified only upon agencys request.what is this does this mean i wont get the job.has anybody got this letter and got recertified and got hired please reply and where do i have to go to do this at what address for exam 8006 im not coming back to ny for 4 more weeks i need help on this what to do need phone numbers and an address and advice thank you all ill await your replys .:confused:

SECTION VII--CERTIFICATION OF ELIGIBLE LISTS AND SELECTION THEREFROM

4.7.1. General Provisions.

(A) The provisions of this section shall apply to the certification of eligible lists by the commissioner of citywide administrative services or, in the case of classes of positions unique to an agency, the certification of eligible lists for such classes by the agency head.

(B) Appointments or promotions shall be made from the established list most nearly appropriate for the position to be filled, as determined by the commissioner of citywide administrative services.

(C) Appointment or promotion from an established eligible list to a position in the competitive class shall be made by the selection of one of the three persons certified by the commissioner of citywide administrative services or the head of the certifying agency, as the case may be, as standing highest on such established list who are qualified and willing to accept such appointment or promotion. Where applicable, such selection shall be made as provided for in paragraph 4.4.12 of these rules.

(D) The rating of each eligible shall be stated in the certification.

(E) The agency head may review the examination application and records of each certified eligible at the office of the department of citywide administrative services.

hi everyone im still in florida getting things done with my dads estate.i never got a call from the drug test which is over 30 days.i did get a letter that says you were considered but not selected for open competive list for bus operator. also it says under rule 471 rules and regulations new york city personnel director.therefore you can be recertified only upon agencys request.what is this does this mean i wont get the job.has anybody got this letter and got recertified and got hired please reply and where do i have to go to do this at what address for exam 8006 im not coming back to ny for 4 more weeks i need help on this what to do need phone numbers and an address and advice thank you all ill await your replys .:confused:

Hey seal ,

The letter that you received unfortunately means that you are not being offered a job .

The mta basically said they didn't pick you to come aboard . I know someone that received the same letter and only the mta can put you back on the list at their discretion .

everyone that i know that took the 8006 exam has got the same letter as me.what is going on with the T.A.i am going to fight this where do i send the letter so i can get recertified is it dcas or mta ??? so many including myself have waited for 3 years to be turned down for the bus operator position.i am fully qualified ,clean cdl bp. it seems they are going through this list way to fast

SOrry to hear about the letter sealteam. I find it interesting that the only people who are saying they received it are on the B/O list. HAs anyone on a different list received it? Nobody on the conductor list has indicated they got one.

everyone that i know that took the 8006 exam has got the same letter as me.what is going on with the T.A.i am going to fight this where do i send the letter so i can get recertified is it dcas or mta ??? so many including myself have waited for 3 years to be turned down for the bus operator position.i am fully qualified ,clean cdl bp. it seems they are going through this list way to fast

Although it would be deemed unfair, I wonder if they took your previous stint with TA into consideration being that you had to use quite a few sick days (associated with your illness) while on probation.

Yes, I was just about to point that out. Someone else got the same letter for B/O and they were fired by the MTA in the past while working as a B/O. I believe that if an ex-employee wants to go back, they must have a good record. There were several laid off station agents who were not offered new jobs, according to Will, since they had bad records.

Seal is the 3rd person from the forums to get that letter.

Roadtimes, Patticakes posted on here that they got that letter also.

Now we know why the list is moving so fast when only a handful of

classes from the 8006 have taken place.

They all got the letter after taking the drug test, but the main question

is why is this happening only with the 8006 B/O list?

I wonder if this rule applies to MTA Bus exam 2301, which isn't civil

service......

My list number is 119.

Was originally summoned to Livingston street in March but I postponed the appointment,

got my name put back on the list and later in July took drug test and handed in application.

Early this month got 1 in 3 rejection letter. I waited 3 years for this? :confused:

Any ideas to fight this?

Unfortunately you can not fight this .

It is perfectly legal and the mta is well within

Their rights to select whoever they want .

Yes, I was just about to point that out. Someone else got the same letter for B/O and they were fired by the MTA in the past while working as a B/O. I believe that if an ex-employee wants to go back, they must have a good record. There were several laid off station agents who were not offered new jobs, according to Will, since they had bad records.

They were not offered the Cleaner's job if they had bad records, but strangely enough were offered their S/A jobs back go figure.

Sorry to hear that Seal. I know you waited a long time for the position. Did you say you didn't get called for the second phase? perhaps the BOSS was their interveiw and selection criteria to advance to the next phase. Maybe the lady you know at HR can give you the answer your looking for, good luck.

Archived