What is the most important line in the subway system?

JubaionBx12+SBS

I agree with the other people who have said this: "there is no most important line in the MTA" all of the existing lines that out there have significant ridership. Cutting one line would have detrimental impacts on certain communities. You could decrease service on some lines but even that would not be acceptable in certain communities.

PREECH MASTER DAN TRUER WORDS HAVEN'T BEEN SPOKEN

Every line in the subway system is important every single one it's the backbone of nyc's transportation network everything starts with the subway.

PREECH MASTER DAN TRUER WORDS HAVEN'T BEEN SPOKEN

Every line in the subway system is important every single one it's the backbone of nyc's transportation network everything starts with the subway.

Hell I even think the (Z) is necessary to an extent. It does not cause the problems that the (9) did back when it was around.

As many have stated, all of the lines are important regardless of how much ridership they have. Even I think lines such as the (3)(;)(C) and (Z) are useful too.

If a certain line you use is commonly affected by G.O.'s it helps if other lines are near, so use can use that rather than having to take a bus especially in Manhattan. (Not that I'm saying the buses are useless.)

Hell I even think the (Z) is necessary to an extent. It does not cause the problems that the (9) did back when it was around.
"For 16 years, residents of northern Manhattan complained about the 9 service. While those of us passing through enjoyed the luxury and perceived speed of the seat-saving skip-stop service, people in Marble Hill, Inwood, Washington Heights and Harlem felt slighted by the MTA. By 2005, the need for this service had greatly diminished. In fact, as the skipped stations had grown in ridership, Transit had to restore full-line service to Upper Manhattan and the Bronx, and 12,000 per day experienced more frequent service when the 9 was axed."

Now I should ask if the temporary Brighton Skip-stop was useful during the 1986 Brighton rehab. ;)

Archived