Bus Peeves

7LineFan

What annoys you most when you take the bus?

My pet peeve is that no one ever moves to the rear. EVER. I see a lot of buses where the front is completely packed but the rear has a lot of empty space. And when I have to get onto one of those buses (and off) there's a lot of pushing and shoving. One time the driver stopped, but everyone was blocking my way so I couldn't get off. I had to yell for the driver to stay there.

I agree completely. About the 3rd point, that really pisses me off because its just ridiculous. I have to deal with that often and see it alot mainly with the IBOAs (except Broadway Bus IBOA, their headways are too long and schedule is not as tight for that to happen).

Ally our points are valid and I wholeheartedly agree.........

4. I would also add in the way some maniac drivers (DOB2RTO) drives

5. The ancient relic turtle customers who frequent the buses

6. The wheelchairs who get on during the rush hour, when their is truly no need for them to be on the bus at rush hour. None of them I pick up during the rush are coming from work. They are just out and about, and like to f everything up by wanting to get on when the buses are going to be packed. Not working?, travel off peak on the bus.

7. Customers who have the option of the train, but would rather take the snail pace way, and then complain about the long ride...

8. The lack of maintenance on the buses, causing bad rides. When customers say this bus rattles too much, you know you are driving their equals around (POS, but they pay my bills)......

My pet peeves about buses are:

What bugs me about buses...perfect example B15 bus. They are 2 different destinations JFK Airport and Spring Creek Post Office Facility. Both makes same stops from Bed-Stuy Woodhall Hospital to Linden Blvd and Elderts Lane. Why is that dumb asses rather get on the JFK bus rather the Spring Creek bus which is more emptier and the JFK bus is real crowded.

Another thing that bugs me about buses when there barely any seats on the bus and some stupid ass wants 2 squeeze they're ass inb/w you and that particular seat. WTF is wrong with ppl

What bugs me about buses is those damn Suburban seats...why the hell (MTA) have to place those stupid seats on a regular RTS Nova and Orion V....hince (MTA) Suburban seats are made for Coach buses you damn ass%$&es

I agree with all of the above and I'll add on to that.

#9 An underpowered slow depressing acceleration

#10 A foul nasty smelling bus, courtesy of someone with hygiene issues who is still on the bus, or recently got off, and you don't want to sit down because you don't know where it's coming from.

#11 rude B/O's

- customers who get mad at the b/o for not stopping at the stop they requested because they rang the bell too late

- wheelchair customers who get on the bus for a short distance

- b/os who wait for someone running for the bus instead of leaving them and keeping things moving

I have a lil story on Why I miss My Car sometimes.... excuse my language, but I get read smotional sometimes lol

So i had to take the bus today (M60 Hybrid), and I sat in the very back of the bus. "The corner seat of that back row where the motor is.... will anyway, the bus was crowded and there was 1 seat that seperated me and this other dude aside from me... a very small space at that...... so I'm thinking nobody was gonna wanna sit there and be squshed in between us

...................................... so I see this fat mofo get on the bus and watched his big Shermen Klump lookin ass make his way from the front to the back of the bus, and I'm looking at him as he makes his way to the back of the bus to see where the hell he's gonna go..................

.................. Being that this mofo was so huge, I didn't think he would try to sit his fat ass in this seat next to me....................

YEAH RIGHT......... THIS MOFO PLOPED HIS FAT ASS IN THAT SEAT AND I WAS MESSED UP IN THE GAME,... I WAS IN THE CORNER SQUSHED AND UNCONFORTABLE. (Meaning I was bunched up in the coner on the window, leg bunched together squeezing my manhood and that was it for me!) WHILE PEOPLE ON THE BUS SAW THE LOOK ON MY FACE THEY LAUGHED........ I PAUSED AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF "IS THIS MOFO SERIOUS"... SO I SAID TO HIM ARE YOU SERIOUS? AND HE LOOKED AT ME AND INGNORED ME............. so now I'm mad but trying to playing cool.. I was sooo messed up and squoshed my knee was hitting the seat in front of me and those who know me know I'm a tall dude......... so after 3 minutes I said Forget this...... Im'a stand. I rather stand than be uncomfortable and I made his ass get up to let me out................ then, when I turned around and looked, this mofo was taking up a seat and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ol fat bastard!........

I'm proud of myself because I wanted to knock his ass out for that, but I just moved..........

I'm 6'2, 224lbs. This guy had to be 5'10 400 so you can have an idea of my pain..

but that's one of the reasons I miss my car!!!!!!

I have no problem with b/o's waiting for someone running for the bus.

I do have problems with:

b/o's who miss your stop entirely, even though you rang the bell on time, because they weren't paying attention

b/o's who jerk their buses, especially the Orion VII's... someone could get hurt

People who litter on the bus... the bus is not a trash can, people!

nycbusfan, about the multiple buses, I agree. On the Q58 near Main Street you could be waiting for what feels like hours and then 3 buses in a row show up.

- b/os who wait for someone running for the bus instead of leaving them and keeping things moving

what is sad about that, is they are the same customers who when left, will run to the next bus stop and curse the driver out. You ain't in the stop when the doors close and the wheels are turning, you wait for the next bus. Besides no one suppose to run for the bus. That is when most trips and falls happen. I don't know why MTA says this, (oh wait to show "customer" friendliness). You trip and fall on the ground while running for the bus, far as I am concerned, sucks to be you, and you didn't fall in the bus, so good-bye. There are enough pedestrians to help the dim-wad who fell on the ground running for the bus.......

• When people take the crowded bus instead of the one directly behind it because they're too lazy to walk.

• When people take the bus for one stop which they are perfectly capable of walking to.

• Old people, they complain, slow down service, and take the bus at rush hours and very often, I'm tired of seeing this one old lady on the Bx31 ALL hours of the day! Also she ALWAYS gets off in one stop and takes forever to board the bus. :mad: :mad:

• When people with power wheelchairs take the bus for an extremely short ride. They put a motor in that crap for a reason!

• When people notice the farebox is broken and they don't have to pay, then they see the driver fix it and ask for a transfer, then get mad when they get rejected.

• Little kids who plays with the damn bell, then the parent gets mad when I kindly ask the kid to please stop. I'm trying to get somewhere!

• People who are impatient and cut in front of buses.

• When kids play with the backdoors, I really wish those damn air assist tapes were disabled and the doors were lightweight so anyone can push them (hint: MTAB Orion V CNG).

• People who complain about 2 Bx12s coming at once, one is local and one is Limited, aren't they SUPPOSED to bunch up somewhere in the trip?

• People who miss thier stop and whine like b****es because they have to walk one more block. God gave y'all feet now use them!

• Slow drivers who are late that STILL drive excessively slow.

• Drivers that always have the A/C on cold when it's not needed (like in 70 degree weather or less).

• Drivers who are consistantly late daily on an infrequent route (B14 driver to be exact, how can you be so late on this route so much, the driver behind even told him something about his lateness).

• People who are too lazy to walk 2 steps up at the back on a crowded Low Floor bus, it's sickening!

b/o's who jerk their buses, especially the Orion VII's... someone could get hurt
The Orion VII CNG will jerk regardless... I've seen people fall just because it was getting floored the whole time and it shifted into 3rd gear.

I have a lil story on Why I miss My Car sometimes.... excuse my language, but I get read smotional sometimes lol

So i had to take the bus today (M60 Hybrid), and I sat in the very back of the bus. "The corner seat of that back row where the motor is.... will anyway, the bus was crowded and there was 1 seat that seperated me and this other dude aside from me... a very small space at that...... so I'm thinking nobody was gonna wanna sit there and be squshed in between us

...................................... so I see this fat mofo get on the bus and watched his big Shermen Klump lookin ass make his way from the front to the back of the bus, and I'm looking at him as he makes his way to the back of the bus to see where the hell he's gonna go..................

.................. Being that this mofo was so huge, I didn't think he would try to sit his fat ass in this seat next to me....................

YEAH RIGHT......... THIS MOFO PLOPED HIS FAT ASS IN THAT SEAT AND I WAS MESSED UP IN THE GAME,... I WAS IN THE CORNER SQUSHED AND UNCONFORTABLE. (Meaning I was bunched up in the coner on the window, leg bunched together squeezing my manhood and that was it for me!) WHILE PEOPLE ON THE BUS SAW THE LOOK ON MY FACE THEY LAUGHED........ I PAUSED AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF "IS THIS MOFO SERIOUS"... SO I SAID TO HIM ARE YOU SERIOUS? AND HE LOOKED AT ME AND INGNORED ME............. so now I'm mad but trying to playing cool.. I was sooo messed up and squoshed my knee was hitting the seat in front of me and those who know me know I'm a tall dude......... so after 3 minutes I said Forget this...... Im'a stand. I rather stand than be uncomfortable and I made his ass get up to let me out................ then, when I turned around and looked, this mofo was taking up a seat and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ol fat bastard!........

I'm proud of myself because I wanted to knock his ass out for that, but I just moved..........

I'm 6'2, 224lbs. This guy had to be 5'10 400 so you can have an idea of my pain..

but that's one of the reasons I miss my car!!!!!!

I feel ya pain....if it was me I'd put a bag or something there he would not have told me to move anything.

The Orion VII CNG will jerk regardless... I've seen people fall just because it was getting floored the whole time and it shifted into 3rd gear.

Actually, I'm talking about the HEV. The acceleration is snappy, not like the RTS's; that's why I said what I said. Good drivers know how to move that thing smoothly, but there's this old geezer on the Q58 who floors it even if he's only moving up 15 feet and then brakes hard (even on an RTS, but it's worse on an Orion VII)... I almost fell down today.

On the mofo... that guy's just an idiot. If you're not gonna fit in a seat don't sit in it. God gave you eyes and a brain, people; when used together, people don't get squished by fat mofos. USE THEM!

On the mofo... that guy's just an idiot. If you're not gonna fit in a seat don't sit in it. God gave you eyes and a brain, people; when used together, people don't get squished by fat mofos. USE THEM!

I will tell why why he did that......

1. His legs will get tired quicker that skinny butt peoples. His legs can't hold up for too long under that planetary structure, so he needs to sit......

2. They intentionally squash you, hoping that you will get tired of sitting contorted, as their girth influences how you sit, just as the planet Jupiter influences asteroids. They hope that their fat spilling onto you, will make you get up, so they have two seats for their ass. Before I leave the DOB, I just want to have a massive person sit in one of those single forward facing seats, and the seat just breaks, crashing onto the floor, taking the overhead grab-rail down with it, leaving a hole on the ceiling........

I will tell why why he did that......

1. His legs will get tired quicker that skinny butt peoples. His legs can't hold up for too long under that planetary structure, so he needs to sit......

2. They intentionally squash you, hoping that you will get tired of sitting contorted, as their girth influences how you sit, just as the planet Jupiter influences asteroids. They hope that their fat spilling onto you, will make you get up, so they have two seats for their ass. Before I leave the DOB, I just want to have a massive person sit in one of those single forward facing seats, and the seat just breaks, crashing onto the floor, taking the overhead grab-rail down with it, leaving a hole on the ceiling........

LMAO!!! And also. In relation to what SubwayGuy said on my Subway Peeves topic, it would be great if we had extra wide seat buses for 5'10", 400lb mofos. And since they're taking twice the space as a normal bus seat (not to mention that the extra weight slows the bus down) the fare is $4.

Funny that fat people appear on both topics at the same time...

In relation to what SubwayGuy said on my Subway Peeves topic, it would be great if we had extra wide seat buses for 5'10", 400lb mofos. And since they're taking twice the space as a normal bus seat (not to mention that the extra weight slows the bus down) the fare is $4.

LOL! Give them the airline treatment. It is true that people weighing over 400lbs, can influence gas mileage. They did a show on the discovery channel staring some 500+lb fellow. They actually said he is so fat, he causes his car to burn more fuel by a huge percent..........

LOL! Give them the airline treatment. It is true that people weighing over 400lbs, can influence gas mileage. They did a show on the discovery channel staring some 500+lb fellow. They actually said he is so fat, he causes his car to burn more fuel by a huge percent..........
I tested it in my friends Honda Civic, he usually gets like 28MPG (he's about 160 pounds), and then my other friend took it for a spin, he only got about 22mpg (he barely fit in it, 450 pounds) He had to put the pedal down harder because his Civic has less torque than my right arm. Hell some Hybrid buses take off faster!

Too add on to Orion's peeves:

I remember riding a SEPTA 18 last year on Rising Sun Avenue and there was this kid got on the bus and got off the very next stop which was walkable. At least he paid his fare.

If you don't like kids playing with the bell, it was probably hell riding on those old private GMCs (and many TMCs) since one was able to ring the bell over and over again.

I tested it in my friends Honda Civic, he usually gets like 28MPG (he's about 160 pounds), and then my other friend took it for a spin, he only got about 22mpg (he barely fit in it, 450 pounds) Hell some Hybrid buses take off faster!

Buses have alot of torque, when well maintained or new. On a coach bus, they can get 1,250lbs psi of torque...........

If you don't like kids playing with the bell, it was probably hell riding on those old private GMCs (and many TMCs) since one was able to ring the bell over and over again.

Yeah... a few years back, I was on a TCC GMC and the bell was rung four times in 15 seconds all for one stop.

Guess what? You can still do that with some of the buses now. Last week I had to shut off the chime due to this. It's not only on the 400-600series, but some artics you can do this too..........

LMAO!!! And also. In relation to what SubwayGuy said on my Subway Peeves topic, it would be great if we had extra wide seat buses for 5'10", 400lb mofos. And since they're taking twice the space as a normal bus seat (not to mention that the extra weight slows the bus down) the fare is $4.

A RARE appearance for SubwayGuy in a bus thread, partly cuz this one caught my eye and partly cuz I've got some catching up to do on my bus NOLLIDGE for the upcoming Rodeo since I'm a "Subway Guy" heh..

Anyway, yes, my post is actually relevant to the topic at hand. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDxwew7vjY&feature=related

Rude B/Os, such as this CS Q31 driver who ALWAYS skipped this certain stop, when barely anyone was even on the bus. He never even stopped when we flagged him down, and never even freaking opened the DOORS when we knocked on them and he look STRAIGHT AT US.

People who refuse to move back.

SUBURBAN SEATS! Especially on crowded routes on the Q76 and Q31, especially during the rush hour when it's crowded as hell. There's nothing to hold onto, and getting through the pathway is IMPOSSIBLE.

Archived