New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like there are only 8 Nova RTS's left running. As of 3/2/17 there are 5 40ft and 2 30ft buses for Coach usa Elizabeth. And 1 40ft left running in south jersey (Salem). If the roster is correct.

The Salem County one has been sold.

• 2 weeks later...

is there still an NJT owned bus leased to and operated by the Cape May-Lewes Ferry... used to be a Flxible... what bus is it now?

if not we can take it out

Waiting to hear back. I just left that there because in some cases Novas are still running in service at some private companies. Will remove it if there's no replacement.

The Delaware River Bay Authority is now operating the shuttles on both sides of the Cape May-Lewes ferry. Lion Corp. once had four 1994 Flxibles on the Jersey side, which were 1767, 1770, 1777 and 1780. I really doubt any of those buses are still running. DRBA is listed in SAFER, but has no vehicle inspections (they have 68 buses) in the last two years.

say i lived in nj again back on my old route of the 114 would there be any chance i would see the new mci order or would they be still stuck with the old order from when they last replaced the old mc9's 

i heard the "4000 series" hybrids that are at Egg Harbor will be moved to Ironbound once Egg Harbor starts receiving the 17-18xxx series cruisers

So it looks like there are only 8 Nova RTS's left running. As of 3/2/17 there are 5 40ft and 2 30ft buses for Coach usa Elizabeth. And 1 40ft left running in south jersey (Salem). If the roster is correct.

One of the 30 foot buses is at Broadway IBOA, the other is at Montgomery and Westside IBOA. To my knowledge, neither is a Coach USA company. Both were inspected and passed in February so I would assume they are still in service.

what are the hybrid numbers? 4004 is running on the 114 express now

The NJT hybrid demos were 4000-4003 (Orion's that wound up in NYC), then 4001-4003 (Nova 82VN's), and four D4000's (4004-4008). The production hybrids were 4008-4044.