New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2020 at 11:51 AM, busdude2 said:

Very high mileage.

A lot of people don’t understand that Egg Harbor Garage has the longest MCI lines in the entire bus network with the 313/315 running time coming in at 3hrs one way, and the summer 319s in and out of cape May at 5hrs. A round trip staring or ending in cape May and ending in AC is 395 miles including deadhead. While meadowlands round trip on the 319 is 260miles with no cape May. 320 13 trips is just about 70-80 miles while 4 trips on the 553 is 267 miles. 

Egg Harbor has the best maintenance because we actually have to fix our buses for distance while meadowlands only fixes for short distance. Between Howell and EHT they both have the best maintenance of buses. 

While those 7100s has 1.3 million miles, look at this, 7180 had the original C13 and Allison it came with and had 1.2 million miles with no rebuilt transmission or engine. Now 7175 had 500k and had its engine replace around 470k and trans around 500k. No meadowlands bus will ever run to a million miles unless those buses came from south jersey with high miles. 7177-78 were originally egg harbor buses and are meadowlands most consistent buses.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

8 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

A lot of people don’t understand that Egg Harbor Garage has the longest MCI lines in the entire bus network with the 313/315 running time coming in at 3hrs one way, and the summer 319s in and out of cape May at 5hrs. A round trip staring or ending in cape May and ending in AC is 395 miles including deadhead. While meadowlands round trip on the 319 is 260miles with no cape May. 320 13 trips is just about 70-80 miles while 4 trips on the 553 is 267 miles. 

Egg Harbor has the best maintenance because we actually have to fix our buses for distance while meadowlands only fixes for short distance. Between Howell and EHT they both have the best maintenance of buses. 

While those 7100s has 1.3 million miles, look at this, 7180 had the original C13 and Allison it came with and had 1.2 million miles with no rebuilt transmission or engine. Now 7175 had 500k and had its engine replace around 470k and trans around 500k. No meadowlands bus will ever run to a million miles unless those buses came from south jersey with high miles. 7177-78 were originally egg harbor buses and are meadowlands most consistent buses.

So basically they got too beat up with mileage and all are just... dead now (early retirement). 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Anybody know where 5230 and 6322 are?

On 1/4/2020 at 5:35 PM, The TransitMan said:

#6322 is at Orange. It's listed there. As for #5230, it has been moved around so many times. I did loose track. I thought it was somewhere in the southern division.

It’s at the Ferry shops on Ferry St. I saw it there when I took my CDL training classes at the training center this week. I’m not sure what garage it’s assigned to.

9 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

It’s at the Ferry shops on Ferry St. I saw it there when I took my CDL training classes at the training center this week. I’m not sure what garage it’s assigned to.

Supposed to be Fairview, that bus hasn't seen service since it came back from Altoona as a Cummins/ZF test bus.

25 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Didn’t know it went up there. But yeah, I’m not sure if it’s going to be returned to service or not.

Real question is, what other buses Ferry St. shops have? I know about 5919 being there, as well as 16002...

Edited by go25

15 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

14 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Supposed to be Fairview, that bus hasn't seen service since it came back from Altoona as a Cummins/ZF test bus.

13 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

I did see an older MCI, but I don’t remember the exact number. It was an 8200 series. And yes, 5919 is still there.

So 5230 hasn't reentered service yet? Also anybody got pictures of 5919 and 5230 or inside the training facility? I'm just interested and I won't be in Jersey for a few months. 

Isn't 5757 also at the Ferry Shops or its been gone as well?

Edited by DCTransitFilms