New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

Correction: Coach USA/Community Transportation (based in Paramus, NJ) now has 6 more NABI Transits; #6322-6327 are all operated by Community Transportation/Coach USA although they are marked NJ Transit.

All of the transit buses of Community are marked with NJT logos if I remember.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the transit buses of Community are marked with NJT logos if I remember.

Yes, Community's 700-series routes are operated under contract to NJT so they're NJT branded. Just like how Academy and Veolia run their routes under contract with NJT and use NJT-branded buses. Anything with a NJ Transit schedule posted on NJTransit.com is operated by or under contract to NJT.

Only CUSA ONE (and formerly Red & Tan) is a directly-run operation as far as CUSA local routes go, which is why their buses are branded as CUSA, don't have programmed Clever Devices, have different schedules, etc.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

I guess my services is no longer required since so many people were complaining that I wasn't giving up to date roster notifications. So, I will no longer do it. Sorry. Been busy trying to get things straighten with my life as well as accepting a position at Greyhound as a driver, if anyone gives a damn but who cares. So, goodbye.

And, Trevor, no beef on you my friend. Great work. Just miffed that people can't understand that I am busy and I try to do what I can yet some are so very rude. And, thus, my patience has run it's course........

sad to hear about you no longer providing the roster updates, but people need to understand some of us have lives on the other side of the computer screen. But i wish u luck in Greyhound. Maybe ill catch you some day in Louisville, if you make it that far south lol

Ok what I saw while in Downtown Newark today

6359 on the 27F

6357 on the 1 (Near my house)

and about the 6326 ... eh I could be wrong,but I was pretty sure I also saw that in Downtown as well,but I don't know which line it was (1 or 25)

Unless someone else can confirm that Hilton has 6326-6327 

Edited by Mikan Wilhelm

I saw the 6327 on the 25 so now it's confirm that the newer Nabi's that Hilton has starts from 6326.

Not sure who has 6324-6325.

#6324 and #6325 could very well be Orange Garage Buses, Academy Middlesex Buses or Veolia Monmouth County Buses, but I am not so sure.

#6324 and #6325 could very well be Orange Garage Buses, Academy Middlesex Buses or Veolia Monmouth County Buses, but I am not so sure.

Could they be hidden at Hilton or still at Ironbound?

1133, 1419, & 1473 are at Orange now. also 6324 & 6325 are at Orange.& 5828 & 5829 are Big Tree buses now.

Thanks a lot; I knew #6324 and #6325 were assigned to NJT's Orange Garage so ride those RTSs while ya can; because Orange Garage will have nothing but NABI Transits!!!

i don't it has been programmed to be tracked on MyBusNow yet, cuz i can't find it on there yet

Well its out there. I havent been in it yet. I was doing my 2 tripper when i saw it at cumberland mall.

How is that mybus showing 7418 on both 553 and 552?

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Well its out there. I havent been in it yet. I was doing my 2 tripper when i saw it at cumberland mall.

How is that mybus showing 7418 on both 553 and 552?

I think buses up north have not received the software upgrades that support being tracked... the new software features include an automation by run/line number where your screen will automatically switch to the next trip after you reach the last stop, and it can also show you how many minutes you are either on time or late

therefore i think 8250, along with the meadowlands buses that don't show up on the 319 are still operating on the older version

I have not seen 7418 on there yet

Edited by mfs NJT459