New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they say which company or do we have to wait till September?

I don't think we'll be seeing Designlines coming are way again...

I seriously hope MCI builds this order as fast as they did the MTA's last one, so this whole fiasco with the current CNGs being retired and no more coming in is over with.

I don't think we'll be seeing Designlines coming are way again...

I seriously hope MCI builds this order as fast as they did the MTA's last one, so this whole fiasco with the current CNGs being retired and no more coming in is over with.

I honestly hope that'll be the case. NJT CANNOT experiment with bus bidding again. I mean it's already bad enough they've been putting 40' buses out on the 64.

You got a source on that? I want to see this for myself.

Was in a news article somewhere on the bankruptcy.

I looked at MCI's CNG specs on their website, and it looks like they only come in 40 footers currently

I heard a few D4500CT CNGs were produced for an agency somewhere. It can probably be done, and if it can't then NJT will have to keep the CNGs 40 feet sadly.

Idk if I could confirm this or not, but I think 7167 belongs to Egg harbor cuz I was at the AC Bus Terminal and that bus was doing the 2:30 pm 319 to AC, continue as the 319 Local to Cape May at 5:15 pm, but that bus had problems, so those who were continuing to Cape May had to switch to bus 7410

I did not see a Meadowlands sticker on 7167

Ill be on the lookout in the garage for 7167. Was off today.

Was in a news article somewhere on the bankruptcy.

I heard a few D4500CT CNGs were produced for an agency somewhere. It can probably be done, and if it can't then NJT will have to keep the CNGs 40 feet sadly.

I think those D4500CT CNGs were produced for Houston's Metro, wait nvm i think those are D4500CTH.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

recently saw a NABI with a farebox on 154. It didn't have fairview garage logo and it was obvious that the bus was missing the sticker that says exact fare only. Is fairview short on buses? 

Yeah they've had to send some MCIs down to South Jersey, so they can could send of their (Washington Twp) MCIs up to Howell since DesignLine never came through with the rest of their buses.

at least 2 NABI's each on the 553 and 559 today... very interesting.. it brings back memories of seeing the Flx's run the full service routes back in the day.

Egg Harbor has been putting NABIs on those full service routes for awhile since last year (same thing with RTSs)

Now Washington Twp started doing that since they received more Suburban NABIs while they sent some of their MCIs to Howell because of Designline

At least Washington Twp puts a cover on their farebox every time they put a NABI on a full service line

I have seen a lot of NABIs on the 406 on MyBusNow at once lately