New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm hearing the order is going higher to about 6614.  That should replace all the RTS's.

Umm i don't think wee are getting 6600. I only see the 6500's coming. Well if there are 6600's, LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!!!!!

Umm i don't think wee are getting 6600. I only see the 6500's coming. Well if there are 6600's, LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!!!!!

They have to go higher these RTS's wont last much longer. Orange still has quite a few rts buses running. Don't be surprised when they go higher than 6538 the original end of order. 

They have to go higher these RTS's wont last much longer. Orange still has quite a few rts buses running. Don't be surprised when they go higher than 6538 the original end of order. 

Well for that to happen, they'd have to open up bids for (and award a contract to NABI or another builder for) new buses to go from 6538-6614 or whatever. The options on the current NABI order have run out, and they have to by law go through a new bid process to get however many new buses they need. The bid and the results of it have to be posted on the NJT procurement site, and AFAIK there's nothing there about any extra buses coming in.

Basically, they can't just go to NABI and pay them for more buses without going through a bid process and especially not without telling the public about the contract on the NJT procurement site. Everything Transit orders from new buses to cleaning contracts has to get put up on that site.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Well for that to happen, they'd have to open up bids for (and award a contract to NABI or another builder for) new buses to go from 6538-6614 or whatever. The options on the current NABI order have run out, and they have to by law go through a new bid process to get however many new buses they need. The bid and the results of it have to be posted on the NJT procurement site, and AFAIK there's nothing there about any extra buses coming in.

Basically, they can't just go to NABI and pay them for more buses without going through a bid process and especially not without telling the public about the contract on the NJT procurement site. Everything Transit orders from new buses to cleaning contracts has to get put up on that site.

But nobody else makes a standard floor bus so bids are not needed.  Nabi is it. We will see soon if they go higher than 6538 which i think they will. 6531 is already in service for Coach usa.

Edited by busdude2

But nobody else makes a standard floor bus so bids are not needed.  Nabi is it. We will see soon if they go higher than 6538 which i think they will. 6531 is already in service for Coach usa.

Doesn't matter. Still needs to go through the process, if any additional buses were are being bought it's a separate order since the options on this order have run out. NJT is obligated to put out an RFP for that and post everything on their procurement site.

Did some research the option did happen on June 9th 2011 the order was extended by 158 buses to cover all the remaining RTS buses and approved that day. I forgot all about that happening back then. The original order ended much earlier than 6538 so we will see how high they go. 

Edited by busdude2

Did some research the option did happen on June 9th 2011 the order was extended by 158 buses to cover all the remaining RTS buses and approved that day. I forgot all about that happening back then. The original order ended much earlier than 6538 so we will see how high they go.

Up to 6538 was the option. It was going to end even earlier.

This might be of some interest for the people doing the updates:

Oradell is assisting Meadowlands with the 320

Meadowlands is assisting Ironbound with the 111 and 115 if needed

Yours truly came to visit the old Meadowlands garage while I was on vacation from the hound. These changes were verified by my fellow bus operators at Meadowlands.

Howell too, last week at the gardens, I saw a Howell MCI on the 111.

Well then what are they going to do with the remaining rts's with no replacements on order ? Orange still has a bunch some IBOA'S still have some too.

I don't think they care about the PBLs... they don't need the Clever Devices or nothing like that. I still think eventually they'll shift the remaining RTSes to the PBLs for some of their NABIs. Or they could put Clever Devices in them and keep them for a couple years at NJT Bus Ops. Or they could make a separate new order to finish them off...

I don't think they care about the PBLs... they don't need the Clever Devices or nothing like that. I still think eventually they'll shift the remaining RTSes to the PBLs for some of their NABIs. Or they could put Clever Devices in them and keep them for a couple years at NJT Bus Ops. Or they could make a separate new order to finish them off...

You can not order any more 416's New Flyer already said its discontinued after this order is finished.

If you really believe that, you might want to take a look at this then....photo credit goes to fellow member Nyctrman1278

i3JeI8a.jpg

Units seen here are ONE Bus bound. Ironbound is currently receiving another set as well. Order WILL end at 6614. A whole bunch of RTSs have been sent to the scrap lot with some at/some more heading to Olympia for NWK Airport Service.

Edited by Cait Sith

If you really believe that, you might want to take a look at this then....photo credit goes to fellow member Nyctrman1278

i3JeI8a.jpg

Units seen here are ONE Bus bound. Ironbound is currently receiving another set as well. Order WILL end at 6614. A whole bunch of RTSs have been sent to the scrap lot with some at/some more heading to Olympia for NWK Airport Service.

I took a lot of heat for saying the order was going to 6614 nobody believed me. Proof positive thanks.

i3JeI8a.jpg

Something's definitely been done wrong then... nothing about it on procurement at all.