New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

Can someone answer this for me is Ironbound letting Orange borrow there Nabi's or something?

Because when i was in downtown earlier waiting for the 1 i saw a nabi on the 21 and i just happen to look at the number on there and i saw 5615 i'm like ok? did a quick double check and that's what i saw so that was odd :)

Then i saw a 27 and it had the black and white doors compared to all black so i assume that had to have been a 5600's being used to.

It has me wondering.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"That is REALLY odd. haha I cant explain a 5600 being used on the 21 lol, but did the 27 yu saw have a bike rack?! Cause if it didnt, perhaps it couldve been one of hiltons suburbans they use on the 107/108?!

interesting find, btw."

Thanks and i'm not sure the front end of the bus was out of my view by the time i saw it and only saw the doors and the number 27 lmao

but i wish i could of taken a picture :)

We'll don't forget that buses break down and if a Ironbound bus is close by and is deadheading back to the garage for a end of day shift, Control can call the driver to go to that spot and swap buses. Then the driver waits for the mechanic and go backs to his home garage, while picking up some delay time. I've done it before and it was NICE! Flex breaks down at Hoboken, I'm getting done for the day with the 89 with a NABI and we swapped: Greenville with my NABI while I'm waiting for the mechanic. I got about 50 minutes delay time since it was the rush hour. I was lucky :)

Looks like some 2000 Nova's are also being retired especially the ex-Red an Tan's

1539 is retired; caught it on the NJ Turnpike exit 16W.

bus 002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

bus 003 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Wow, thats crazy. 1539 was in really bad shape the last time I rode so glad it got put out of it's misery. I know there was more that was retired but I couldn't get the numbers of the units.

So this means R & T is getting some 59xx series. no?

Not at all. R&T cut too much service back in November. They have the eight 563x's NABI buses and then some RTSes. Now, they may need more NABI's when their other RTS buses are retired, but for the time being, they're alright.

Not at all. R&T cut too much service back in November. They have the eight 563x's NABI buses and then some RTSes. Now, they may need more NABI's when their other RTS buses are retired, but for the time being, they're alright.

Oh, I thought they would do the same as A&C and replace the beat up Novas with NABIs.

I just found out from the garage supervisor today that some of orange's nabi's are being recalled back n some r being sent back down to Alabama bc these 5900's were built improperly n were always in the shop n were giving the mechanics trouble.

What a surprise them people down there should of took there time building these buses.

Most likely a break down or a cover. I've never in my life saw a 45" on a Oradell Based route lol I would have foamed to shyt. But I swear I saw a 7100 in the 166T back in the summer.

Probably a Meadowlands guy. My man that works outta Meadowlands does a 166T to Leonia, every once in a while he'll get a 7100....mostly he gets a 8200 or 7400. I would love his PM piece...he works the 320,124 and 166.