Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
The TransitMan

New Jersey Transit Depot-By-Depot Bus Roster

Recommended Posts

On 6/19/2018 at 5:43 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

18116 and 18117 are apparently at Meadowlands (on the 166X and 127S, respectfully). Weren't they slated to go to Saddle River?

I rode 18116 on the 128 today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

What bus number was that under Saddle River that was recently caught on fire?

That bus was a Nabi from NJT 6101 and it looked totaled. It was running for Saddle river. I think that must be about 7 or 8 totaled now. Nabi's totaled that i know of are 5612, 5784, 6348, 6357, 6101, badly damaged  outcome unknown  are 5772, 5998, 5952, 6545. I'm sure a few more.

Edited by busdude2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, busdude2 said:

That bus was a Nabi from NJT 6101 and it looked totaled. It was running for Saddle river. I think that must be about 7 or 8 totaled now. Nabi's totaled that i know of are 5612, 5784, 6348, 6357, 6101, badly damaged  outcome unknown  are 5772, 5998, 5952, 6545. I'm sure a few more.

Looks like these buses need some inspection time because these buses have either caught on fire or accident prone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 9:03 PM, FLX9304 said:

Looks like these buses need some inspection time because these buses have either caught on fire or accident prone

Most were head on crashes so driver error involved by someone. In the case of bus 6348 the driver hit a tree. That was severe damage. Then there was bus 5612 that T-boned 5784 in Newark another caused by a driver not the bus.  The bus fire they will look at that to see what the cause was.

Edited by busdude2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 18107 through 18117 are Meadowlands. 18118-18119 are Saddle River Trails. Anyone seen 18120-18129?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, davemackey said:

I think 18107 through 18117 are Meadowlands. 18118-18119 are Saddle River Trails. Anyone seen 18120-18129?

Looks like 18120 through at least 18125 have gone to Egg Harbor Twp.

Egg Harbor now also has 18010 and 18011 from Washington Twp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you can add another possible totaled Nabi 6072 hit by a train today in Garfield. That's 2 totaled running for Saddle River in the last 2 weeks. The other caught fire 6101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, busdude2 said:

Looks like you can add another possible totaled Nabi 6072 hit by a train today in Garfield. That's 2 totaled running for Saddle River in the last 2 weeks. The other caught fire 6101.

Reports say that the bus was operated by Community Coach, not Saddle River

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, davemackey said:

18126-18129 could be Newton Ave. I didn't think 45-foot buses belonged there....

Yes to my surprise as well; there are 45 footers running on the 316 and 317.  18127 and 18129 are on the 317 and 18128 on the 316 as of this morning.   None have been used yet on the 409.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

Yes to my surprise as well; there are 45 footers running on the 316 and 317.  18127 and 18129 are on the 317 and 18128 on the 316 as of this morning.   None have been used yet on the 409.  

I always thought that the 317 - a poky, 3-1/2 hour ride through southern NJ making practically every local stop between Asbury Park and Philadelphia, including Joint Base MDL - thrived on older equipment and didn't warrant anything more than a 40 foot bus.

Anyone know if the new buses on this route have restrooms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. So I saw #8733...former Lakeland bus NOW with Coach USA...Rockland Coaches? Saw this bus coming don the ramp at the PABT heading into the Lincoln Tunnel. The bus ALL white except for the front, which told me it was Coach USA.

Can anyone confirm the 8700s from Lakeland Bus Lines as well as 8400s from DeCamp Bus Lines? Are they all (except 8733) scrapped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 7:27 PM, The TransitMan said:

Ok. So I saw #8733...former Lakeland bus NOW with Coach USA...Rockland Coaches? Saw this bus coming don the ramp at the PABT heading into the Lincoln Tunnel. The bus ALL white except for the front, which told me it was Coach USA.

Can anyone confirm the 8700s from Lakeland Bus Lines as well as 8400s from DeCamp Bus Lines? Are they all (except 8733) scrapped?

8788 was on the 20 earlier, so that one is not scrapped yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that the following buses are still running (probably all on Rockland Coaches): 

 

8704 (I have a photo of this one - also a former Lakeland)

8788-89, 8791, 8974, 8804, 8805 (Formerly Shortline Buses which were replaced by 17024-17041)

 

I believe (but cannot confirm) that I saw 8713 and 8755 as well. 

 

As I see additional ones, I will make a note

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 2:25 PM, Vtrain said:

Please update the NJ Transit depot roster on this site.

Buses are still shifting around...as more info comes in...we will be updating. Thank you for your patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I believe that 8496 is a Rockland Coach USA Bus (one of two that did not receive the new paint scheme and still says "COACH USA" in large letters on the side

and 8885 is a Suburban (the font on the sides is very bunched as it is in the back of the bus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 1:06 AM, go25 said:

Reports say that the bus was operated by Community Coach, not Saddle River

YES

6072 - Community Coach

6101 - Saddle River

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Lakeland 8736 running on Rockland Coaches today - gate 410 at port Authority (with some of the Lakeland logo in the front near the drivers window still on it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.