NYC Subway Maps for Sale

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I have only done ONE London Underground map, it was a custom map for my friend's 22nd Birthday. I had never attempted London before, and it came out wonderfully--that one was a six week project. Below are some shots of it. PM me and we'll talk prices, shipping, etc. I'm expanding this to any sort of Rapid Transit map people would like, big city, small, fictional or not.

London Underground Map (C) January 2010: (Showing the progress from start to finish!)

London3_zps71ccc8d8.jpg

London1_zps3bfa6313.jpg

London2_zpscb1bc644.jpg

London5_zps2d08d334.jpg

London12_zpsc59b839d.jpg

London13_zps47b89df7.jpgLondon11_zps61586bce.jpg

London10_zpsa4202c32.jpg

London6_zpse0cbda78.jpg

-A

From what I can see here, you have done an amazing job. I notice the map you are showing here also has the " overground " lines on it as well. Have a look at www.tfl.gov.uk to see the full range of maps. There have been a couple of recent additions. The " Emirates Skyway " cable car is now a part of TFL. Also there is a new extension on the " Overground " network.

As I am still a new member here, I have to wait until 30 days are up before I can PM you. I am very interested in what you do, and I am sure some of my friends and colleagues will be as well.

Just one thing I would like to know. What size are your maps?

Have a great Christmas

Thanks for the link Aussie! I had worked on this map in December 2009, in anticipation for my friend's birthday the following January. At the time, I did go to the website you provided, and looked at a map that was pending, for 2010 services (it was the Oyster Rail Services map IIRC). Thanks for the interest! My maps are pretty big--as you can see from the pictures, it takes up more than half of the refrigerator up-to-down, and is too big for it left-to-right. Usually my maps are between 3.5 ft x 3.5 ft to 4x4 feet. It depends on the size of the map and what sort of information I need to fit into it. The NYC Subway maps are about 42" x 42". The London map was larger because I had to include a lot more lines/stations than NYC, but with NYC I had to include street geography, etc.

Keep replying to the post, and let me know your ideas/interests as well as those of your colleagues. Check out my profile, my email is there.

-A

Thanks for the link Aussie! I had worked on this map in December 2009, in anticipation for my friend's birthday the following January. At the time, I did go to the website you provided, and looked at a map that was pending, for 2010 services (it was the Oyster Rail Services map IIRC). Thanks for the interest! My maps are pretty big--as you can see from the pictures, it takes up more than half of the refrigerator up-to-down, and is too big for it left-to-right. Usually my maps are between 3.5 ft x 3.5 ft to 4x4 feet. It depends on the size of the map and what sort of information I need to fit into it. The NYC Subway maps are about 42" x 42". The London map was larger because I had to include a lot more lines/stations than NYC, but with NYC I had to include street geography, etc.

Keep replying to the post, and let me know your ideas/interests as well as those of your colleagues. Check out my profile, my email is there.

-A

I cannot access your email from your profile. I will contact you when my 30 days are up.

I was thinking of a " tube" map to start, and depending on how that turns out, then I would like a full system map that includes " London Overground " and " National Rail " as well,but that would be a huge project. You can email me at: liam55_98@ yahoo.com

• 3 months later...

@CDTA:

1) Yes, I'll do extensions to current lines and some fantasy lines as long as they're not uber ridiculous. Like you saw on Zach's map, he wanted the (T) and a (V) going to Canarsie as well as the brown (M) on Brighton, etc. I won't charge extra for non-fictional routes.

2) Staten Island is optional for whomever orders the map. If your map includes *extensive* SI-connected routes, I'll charge only a few bucks extra because I'll have to make the map bigger to accommodate SI details. Usually on past private maps, I've just done the bare-bones MTA style on SI, without as much detail.

If you're still interested, post a reply here and we'll get to talking!

-A :ph34r:  

@CDTA:

1) Yes, I'll do extensions to current lines and some fantasy lines as long as they're not uber ridiculous. Like you saw on Zach's map, he wanted the (T) and a (V) going to Canarsie as well as the brown (M) on Brighton, etc. I won't charge extra for non-fictional routes.

2) Staten Island is optional for whomever orders the map. If your map includes *extensive* SI-connected routes, I'll charge only a few bucks extra because I'll have to make the map bigger to accommodate SI details. Usually on past private maps, I've just done the bare-bones MTA style on SI, without as much detail.

If you're still interested, post a reply here and we'll get to talking!

Well, my birthday is in September, so I hope you don't mind waiting a bit. :P

And by extensions, I met like the (M) from Metro to LGA, something that there aren't currently tracks for.

Not at all, I don't mind waiting! It's best to give me a little while though, because while it only takes 2-3 weeks to finish a map, that's idealistic timing, meaning no job, no family, no wasted down time, lol. So, if you were to give me a heads up say around July, we could work out contract and payment details, and go over your map in super super great detail, since after all, you're paying for this, so my first concern is that everything is to your liking.

The (M) extension sounds fine, I don't mind fantasy things like that. Just as long as you have roughed out versions of where you'd like modifications to go, we should be okay. For added services on existing tracks (i.e. a (V) to Canarsie or something), you don't need to provide a picture or anything. The (M) situation is different since you'll be laying new trackage. If you have AIM or any other messenger, my sn is greeneggsnpelham. We could start preliminary talks on just what routes you want (and don't want), and go from there.

Looking forward to doing business!

• 1 month later...

Odd question that won't effect my purchase:

Would you be able to do something on the back? I have a fantasy plan for LIRR, and I was wondering if you could do it on the back, of course i' be willing to pay a bit extra for it, if you do say yes. Now, with that, SI, shipping, and flat cost, how much should it cost approximately? (Shipping would be to Albany, NY)

Oh, and don't think I forgot about this, i've just been drawing up my plans now, and I want to be 100% sure I have everything. Oh an i'd hate to say this, but seeing how a house is being purchased over the summer, with moving costs, appliances, etc. the map may be pushed back to Christmas. Hopefully not later than then, but if it gets pushed back past then, i'll try to come up with an excuse to get it mid-year.

I will be able to do something in the back, but it depends on how big it's gonna be and how detailed. I'll have to place another layer of paper on the back, because the markers and sharpies will show through on the back, and I don't want to mess up your map. If it's just a standard basic LIRR deal like on the back of the subway maps, then it shouldn't be that much extra.

Now, to calculate your costs---

Base map flat cost: $40.

SI addition: I won't charge since it's technically part of NYC.

Map on the back: $10.

Shipping: $15 (prices went up a little bit and they stopped delivering/picking up on Saturdays).

So you're looking at around $65.

PM me your email address and I can take a look at your plans and I can start doing a rough skeleton. It's best to get it started now, even if Xmas is six months away.

-A  :ph34r:

P.S. For any other customers, I am now taking holiday orders. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know, I am currently on vacation, but when I get back (about a week from now) assuming my internet isn't giving you any trouble, I will start talking with you about the details, deposit date, etc. Oh, and of course i'll PM you my e-mail when I get back too. Looking forward to doing buisness with you!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived