Should We Have Goodbye Long Island Bus Flashmob Party?

FamousNYLover

On December week or on Dec 31st, should we do farewell flashmob party to Long island Bus?

We take certain Long Island Bus ride to bus terminal.

During a ride, we sing a song, including happy songs to make employees and passengers smiled.

At Bus Terminal, while we waited for specific bus, we freeze until we board the bus.

We have lunch break somewhere by bus terminal.

What do you think?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a good idea for winter break...

But I don't like flashmobs and stuff like that. Just have fun as a group on the bus (like that last (V) party last year)

Or do a system tour (I planned one out a while back, but it takes forever, covering Long Beach/Far Rockaway/Hempstead/Glen Cove/Hicksville)

Even with for fun without flashmob, we could make sign that says "Goodbye (MTA)." like one of transit buff at bus festival at FREE HUG Sign.

I just made up Goodbye song for Long Island Bus.

IT`S SO SAD DAY FOR LONG ISLAND BUS RIDERS.

LONG ISLAND BUS LEAVING (MTA) FAMILY.

ON DECEMBER 31ST, 2011,

LAST DAY OF (MTA) OPERATION OF LONG ISLAND BUS.

ON JANUARY 1ST, 2012, VEOLIA TRANSIT WILL TAKEOVER

LONG ISLAND BUS OPERATION.

IT`S SO SAD FOR PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDE IN NYC AND LONG ISLAND, WELL AS TOURISTS GOING TO/FROM JONES BEACH OR LONG BEACH.

IT`S SO SAD DAY.

GOODBYE (MTA) AND

SAY HELLO TO VEOLIA TRANSIT.

The problem with fanning LIB is that the high chance of delayed buses can screw up anything pretty quickly.

Yuki, if you want, I can make route-by-route "How will your trip be affected" posters as soon as Veolia releases the new schedules/route changes (if any).

My system tour idea.

Begin at Flushing-Main St.

Take last N20 LTD to Hicksville Station.

Take N79 to Walt Whitman Mall.

Take H9 to somewhere.

Take H9 back to Walt Whitman Mall.

Take S20 or S23 to Babylon Station.

Take N19 to Freeport.

Take N4 to Five Corners.

Take N32/N31 to Far Rockaway.

Take N33 to Long Beach.

Take N15 to Roosevelt Field Mall

Take N43, N51 to NCC.

Take N16 to HTC.

Take N6 to Jamaica.

The problem with fanning LIB is that the high chance of delayed buses can screw up anything pretty quickly.

Yuki, if you want, I can make route-by-route "How will your trip be affected" posters as soon as Veolia releases the new schedules/route changes (if any).

They're pretty easy to make:

"How will my trip be affected?

Take the shoe leather express instead because Veolia ain't runnin' ****."

It's really hard to fan LIB like he said, though, because outside of the main east-west routes, it's hard to find a bus to fan. Even during the off-peak buses either bunch up like crazy or run so late you'll probably beat it to the terminal, so you're never sure with the service like you are with NYCT.

It's really hard to fan LIB like he said, though, because outside of the main east-west routes, it's hard to find a bus to fan. Even during the off-peak buses either bunch up like crazy or run so late you'll probably beat it to the terminal, so you're never sure with the service like you are with NYCT.

So I think it may be better just to freestyle it. Yuki: If you want to focus on pictures that'll be easy, if you want to focus on riding around we'll have to make tons of variants plans. (account for every route at every transfer point as it could possibly show up before the scheduled connection)

I just wish there was more media of Long Island's private lines. Plenty of NYC stuff, but all of the LIBPL buses were gone when the first Orion Vs came in.

From what I've seen, the veteran bus operators at LIB (that are old enough to have worn an (NYCT) uniform) are a bit friendlier and might not be as hostile to photographers.

I'm in, I'll bring a fully loaded metrocard, and my camera! Just tell me what bus we're meeting on. Keep in mind, I live in north queens and my only connection is the N20. I'll meet on the N20 Ltd as our first bus and we can go from there. I'm up for it.

@amtrak7 You should come and take videos. I have yet to see one of your Full HD bus videos on YouTube that you mentioned.

I'm in, I'll bring a fully loaded metrocard, and my camera! Just tell me what bus we're meeting on. Keep in mind, I live in north queens and my only connection is the N20. I'll meet on the N20 Ltd as our first bus and we can go from there. I'm up for it.

@amtrak7 You should come and take videos. I have yet to see one of your Full HD bus videos on YouTube that you mentioned.

Sorry, don't get mad at me please. Maybe next weekend the plan below. If not then both you and me will have to wait till this December trip.

x:27 N73 depart Hicksville

(x+1):00 N73 arrive Wantagh

(x+1):31 N19 depart Wantagh

(x+1):48 N19 arrive Sunrise Mall

(x+2):02 N81 depart Sunrise Mall

(x+2):42 N81 arrive Hicksville

I'm willing to go anywhere. Not really up to taking Suffolk Transit or the Huntington transit since its a trek anyway to get back on the N20 (my only connection home), and the N79 or N19 are farthest out on LIB, but I'll go anywhere on LIB you guys wanna go.

How do we plan this out anway? Someone has to keep track of who's coming, what time buses we'll be on, when and where each person is meeting, and on which route?

I got one....... NA NA NA NA AAAA AAAAA AAAAAA GGGOOOODDDDBBBYYEEE.......LOL I lived on Long Island and had to take the N6 to get anywhere and it blew.......Glad I live in queens and have a car now!

amen, buddy. Actually one of the reasons why I would never consider living in NYC except for northeast queens like little neck, douglaston, bayside or country club/throggs neck, Bronx is because of the difficulties in car ownership there, having to deal with stupidity like the no parking rules and such, in Little Neck where I frequent, you can get a house with a driveway and even a garage.

amen, buddy. Actually one of the reasons why I would never consider living in NYC except for northeast queens like little neck, douglaston, bayside or country club/throggs neck, Bronx is because of the difficulties in car ownership there, having to deal with stupidity like the no parking rules and such, in Little Neck where I frequent, you can get a house with a driveway and even a garage.

<---- in Douglaston

Sometimes, not only one garage, but two or three. And everyone here has a car, hence the reason they canceled the Q79. But living in NYC is great because everything is around you. In Nassau, to get somewhere and you don't have a car, you gotta take the bus far distances.

<---- in Douglaston

Sometimes, not only one garage, but two or three. And everyone here has a car, hence the reason they canceled the Q79. But living in NYC is great because everything is around you. In Nassau, to get somewhere and you don't have a car, you gotta take the bus far distances.

I have a friend who lives up there, the only downside to Douglaston is that damn red light camera on Northern Blvd and Douglaston Parkway.

Archived