Not so good news for Coach USA Riders in Jersey City & Bayonne.....

Pablo M 201

I wonder how many 10/99S are willing to put up with an extra 15 minute ride(Assuming the 99S is combined with the 125. Also, does anyone think the Palisade Avenue portion of the 87 should be moved to serve Central Avenue up to Congress St?

It could help to have another leg of the 87 go through Central, but the only issue I would have is how long will it take to get to the Square from Congress and Palisades if the 87 continued at the normal route and the 87 going up Congress and taking a left on Central, servicing the people on Central.

it a sad shame to see all the private lines that once dominated the streets of Hudson County all disappear except A/C Transit. The 4 route should be either absorbed into that private company or have Academy run that route, that bus route is always packed cause it goes to Newport Mall and a lot of people near Merritt St don't have access to the HBLR. I believe the end is near from Red & Tan in Hudson County. About the 99s, NJT should either take it and renumber it or absorb it to the 125

*nod goes to the blogger who gave the options earlier*

it a sad shame to see all the private lines that once dominated the streets of Hudson County all disappear except A/C Transit. The 4 route should be either absorbed into that private company or have Academy run that route, that bus route is always packed cause it goes to Newport Mall and a lot of people near Merritt St don't have access to the HBLR. I believe the end is near from Red & Tan in Hudson County. About the 99s, NJT should either take it and renumber it or absorb it to the 125

*nod goes to the blogger who gave the options earlier*

Just to make something clear to those that keep bringing this up, New Jersey Transit cannot make A&C Corp (Montgomery Westside) do anything or run any route with the snap of a finger. If A&C Corp wants to take on the #4 route, then great, they do have alot on their hands at the moment though.

More than likely what is going to happen is NJT will make the proper revisions to the 81 route. Reason I say that is because it make service from Ocean Avenue to downtown Jersey City more efficient and reliable. The current service levels of the 81 will not be enough to take on the crowds that the 4 will leave behind. At this point, it is what it is for me. I'll be keeping an eye out on NJT and see if they're going to take any actions within the next month.

Just to make something clear to those that keep bringing this up, New Jersey Transit cannot make A&C Corp (Montgomery Westside) do anything or run any route with the snap of a finger. If A&C Corp wants to take on the #4 route, then great, they do have alot on their hands at the moment though.

More than likely what is going to happen is NJT will make the proper revisions to the 81 route. Reason I say that is because it make service from Ocean Avenue to downtown Jersey City more efficient and reliable. The current service levels of the 81 will not be enough to take on the crowds that the 4 will leave behind. At this point, it is what it is for me. I'll be keeping an eye out on NJT and see if they're going to take any actions within the next month.

If it ran more frequently than 90 mins I'd take you more seriously. there is no way a 90 min rte can help a line that is every 15 mins again there is another way. New 8 line absorbs 125 but originates at bergenline sta to 30th then follows 125 rte to journal sq then 99s rendering 125 into a hollow shell. The line absorbs 99s to bayonne ltd stop to help former ppl will help along with 87 reroute. to completely replace 99s(sort of) unlike 125 failure this new line will run every 15 mins but according to you and crowding I'd try 10 min service this will allow 125 to RIP.

If it ran more frequently than 90 mins I'd take you more seriously. there is no way a 90 min rte can help a line that is every 15 mins again there is another way. New 8 line absorbs 125 but originates at bergenline sta to 30th then follows 125 rte to journal sq then 99s rendering 125 into a hollow shell. The line absorbs 99s to bayonne ltd stop to help former ppl will help along with 87 reroute. to completely replace 99s(sort of) unlike 125 failure this new line will run every 15 mins but according to you and crowding I'd try 10 min service this will allow 125 to RIP.

You must not have read SirJokaPlaya's post, so I am going to tell it to you. THE 125 IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY AND THAT IS THAT!!!!!!:mad: No route is going to ever cause the 125 to die. Plain and Simple.

You must not have read SirJokaPlaya's post, so I am going to tell it to you. THE 125 IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY AND THAT IS THAT!!!!!!:mad: No route is going to ever cause the 125 to die. Plain and Simple.

sure if that was actually believable then it wouldn't have gotten such severe cuts in service. AGAIN ppl will take what comes first. union city buses run frequently compared to 125. That plus a frequent line from union city will eliminate it's uniqueness and usefulness. I can't take you seriously cause that is like saying a bihourly line helps with crowds from a 30 min line plz get real.

STOP trying to defend it.

sure if that was actually believable then it wouldn't have gotten such severe cuts in service. AGAIN ppl will take what comes first. union city buses run frequently compared to 125. That plus a frequent line from union city will eliminate it's uniqueness and usefulness. I can't take you seriously cause that is like saying a bihourly line helps with crowds from a 30 min line plz get real.

I'm going to say this for a FINAL DAMN TIME! No 125: Problems for people trying to get to and from Kennedy Blvd from Jo Sq and 28th Street UC. Jitneys will cause more problems as they are already, 88 will become more crowded: More crowds - more delays. 125 helps the 88. The 125 is not going to die. Plan and simple. Now, please, STOP with the damn 125 needs to Die bit. Man. The only reason the 125 was cut because there wasn't enough people coming in and out of NYC. More buses was needed on the 123, which if people like PABLO knows, the 123 and 125 are both done by the same bus on some trips and trippers that NJT does. Now, please, enough!

I'm going to say this for a FINAL DAMN TIME! No 125: Problems for people trying to get to and from Kennedy Blvd from Jo Sq and 28th Street UC. Jitneys will cause more problems as they are already, 88 will become more crowded: More crowds - more delays. 125 helps the 88. The 125 is not going to die. Plan and simple. Now, please, STOP with the damn 125 needs to Die bit. Man. The only reason the 125 was cut because there wasn't enough people coming in and out of NYC. More buses was needed on the 123, which if people like PABLO knows, the 123 and 125 are both done by the same bus on some trips and trippers that NJT does. Now, please, enough!

You just proved my point as an interstate it fails but intra not so much so a line is created to solve the problems of intra state ppl.

so you are saying every 90 mins 88 will get more delayed???

exactly my point my 8 solves the INTRASTATE PROBLEM ON KENNEDY!!!!!!! read my post for it solves that problem. No 125 no problem new 8 line will take care of that helping 88 directly on kennedy done. In addition it will cater to bergenline ppl too the HBLR extension will go nicely with this too.

I admit I underestimated the speed of NJT trains hence what weakened some of my GSP bus plans.

You just proved my point as an interstate it fails but intra not so much so a line is created to solve the problems of intra state ppl.

exactly my point my 8 solves the INTRASTATE PROBLEM ON KENNEDY!!!!!!! read my post for it solves that problem. No 125 no problem new 8 line will take care of that helping 88 directly on kennedy done. In addition it will cater to bergenline ppl too the HBLR extension will go nicely with this too.

I admit I underestimated the speed of NJT trains hence what weakened some of my GSP bus plans.

The point of running the 125 to NYC is to increase revenue on the bus. If the NYC riders pay 30% more than the local riders, the bus loses less.

The point of running the 125 to NYC is to increase revenue on the bus. If the NYC riders pay 30% more than the local riders, the bus loses less.

You had no point to begin with. Like SirJokaPlaya said....just stop...

You had no point to begin with. Like SirJokaPlaya said....just stop...

Archived