Former CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs, Passes away

tvega961

Steven P. Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple who helped usher in the era of personal computers and then led a cultural transformation in the way music, movies and mobile communications were experienced in the digital age, died Wednesday. He was 56.

The death was announced by Apple, the company Mr. Jobs and his high school friend Stephen Wozniak started in 1976 in a suburban California garage.

A friend of the family said that Mr. Jobs died of complications from pancreatic cancer, with which he waged a long and public struggle, remaining the face of the company even as he underwent treatment. He continued to introduce new products for a global market in his trademark blue jeans even as he grew gaunt and frail.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/business/steve-jobs-of-apple-dies-at-56.html?_r=1&hp

Steve Jobs was one of the most revolutionary geniuses in the 20th and 21st Centuries. He was such a HUGE visionary that knew what customers wanted before they knew they wanted it. The iMac was the first thing. Then the iPod made CD players obsolete, followed by the iPhone and finally the iPad. Heck, the newest invention, the iPad, changed the entire print industry overnight with the advanced apps, alternating magazine layouts, and adding in new content that magazines and newspapers couldn't do. Without the iPhone and iPad, we wouldn't have seen smartphones and tablets that try their best to compete with Apple. The iPod itself changed the whole music and PC industry.

The world lost an genius and revolutionary, and pancreatic cancer took him WAY too soon. RIP. :)

You posted this just after me.

Nonetheless, RIP, Steve. One of the greatest geniuses of the 20th and 21st Centuries. :)

He posted it before you actually, but none the less R.I.P. to him.

I can sense his stock having a slight drop over the next few days.

While im not a fan of Apple as much. It is sad to see one of the inventors of the Apple Hardware / Software retire as CEO in the Summer to even worst, dead in today.

Hes had that cancer for quiet a while, which is why a few times during the years he left and came back to apple.

The future of Apple and its Macintosh & "i" family is unknown, but hopefully things go well.

RIP Jobs! You did a great Job for Apple and onwards since the 70s and onward!

RIP Steve Jobs. Whether or not people were fans of the Apple product or not, he was hands down one of the greatest innovators of our time. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be using this awesome device right here to even make this post:

B001FA1NZK-1.jpg

I can't see myself without one of these at all. Thanks for your awesome creations.

I had a feeling he stepped down as CEO mainly because he knew his time was soon approaching, but the fact that he died not long after that is very... mind boggling.

He leaves behind a major legacy. I can remember my first experiences with a Mac, way back in kindergarten when we played our children's games off floppy disks, the second grade when we had even newer Macs and we had interactive storybooks and Kid Pix...

Now here I am again, with the Macs, in college using them with Photoshop and Illustrator, and soon enough Final Cut Pro... Great machines.

I work for a company that has been Apple's rival for 30 years (ya'll should know which company I'm talking about) but this is certainly a sad day in the technology world. Even as a MS employee, I loved the iPhone, I have both a iPod Touch 2G and 4G, and this guy revolutionized everything. Jobs will certainly be missed

I mean think of it. Practically everything in our lives revolve around four men, Jack Dorsey, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Think of how radically different life it would be if not for these four men.

Very true Andrew. Heard on the radio just now returning home from classes at Grad school. Jobs is the late 20th/early 21st Centuries version of say Thomas Edison, Graham Bell and even Henry Ford that changed the world forever.

A pure genuis.

RIP Mr. Jobs.

Very true Andrew. Heard on the radio just now returning home from classes at Grad school. Jobs is the late 20th/early 21st Centuries version of say Thomas Edison, Graham Bell and even Henry Ford that changed the world forever.

A pure genuis.

RIP Mr. Jobs.

thats where I heard it, the Mark Levin show. Mark talked about it briefly between segments and im like woah this cant be true, then i check apple's site and it is :)

Steve Jobs was one of the most revolutionary geniuses in the 20th and 21st Centuries. He was such a HUGE visionary that knew what customers wanted before they knew they wanted it. The iMac was the first thing. Then the iPod made CD players obsolete, followed by the iPhone and finally the iPad. Heck, the newest invention, the iPad, changed the entire print industry overnight with the advanced apps, alternating magazine layouts, and adding in new content that magazines and newspapers couldn't do. Without the iPhone and iPad, we wouldn't have seen smartphones and tablets that try their best to compete with Apple. The iPod itself changed the whole music and PC industry.

The world lost an genius and revolutionary, and pancreatic cancer took him WAY too soon. RIP. :)

No offense, but Apple was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late into the game when it came to the iPod. To say that the iPod made CD players obsolete is a bunch of crap. MP3 players came out before the iPod and even though some didnt have all the nifty features, MP3 players started it. Apple has always been late to the game when it came down to specs as well. The A4 chip on the iPhone 4 was a dinosaur at its time of release because all the other companies were bringing up snapdragon and Tegra 2 processors...

I dont like Apple, but Steve Jobs was the man that changed the mobile industry and took it by storm. When the first gen iPhone came out, it came out when having a 3.5 inch screen was a really big deal. If anyone remembers, the standard size for screens when the first iPhone came out was 2.4 inches! That really was a big deal! There were only a handful of phones with 2.8 inch screens back then.

He really was a game changer and a true innovator, he'll be missed in the tech world that some of us live in. May he rest in peace.

RIP Steve Jobs. Whether or not people were fans of the Apple product or not, he was hands down one of the greatest innovators of our time. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be using this awesome device right here to even make this post:

I can't see myself without one of these at all. Thanks for your awesome creations.

If it weren't for this from Him:

HT1353_30.jpg

(iPod original)

we wouldn't be the next generation of the iPod which caused the creation of the iPhone / iPod Touch and iPad touch.

However, i wounder touch MP3 players had already exsited before, Apple came up with the iTouch products.

Even though Steve Jobs might not have had donated his money, or he might have had donated, but we would never know if he donated or not he was a great entrepreneur, inventor, and genius. His words and intelligence were strong. I did a project on him back when I was taking entrepreneurship and I am actually upset that he passed away. He's in a better place now where ever he is.

Here is his advice.

An admissions counselor at MIT who used to work at Apple named Chris Peterson said it better than I ever could:

"Steve was deeply flawed. He treated Woz [co-founder Steve Woczniak] like crap. He treated employees like crap. But he was a brilliant, brilliant man. Incredibly creative. Uncompromising in his vision. He made sure that things Apple made were amazing. To a degree that was cultish. But still amazing.

I'm not saying anything profound here. It's hard to not speak in cliches about this. But as a lifelong Apple user, and a former Apple employee, this is like losing a close, but crazy, relative. Like a cool, moody, alcoholic uncle, who always took you out for ice cream and rides at the park but then would make you scared when he yelled at the parking lot attendant for not giving him correct change. And if he was also a part of your everyday life.

I won't say RIP. But Steve, you will be missed."

Archived