B103 LTD - but how?

Acela Express

Like Amtrak 7 said, it's a LTD with no corresponding local and it has a non-stop portion; Northbound between Church Av & E 7th St and 3rd Av & State St, and Southbound from 4th Av & Dean St to McDonald Av & Caton Av.

Also, part of the B103 really does run Limited, on from Cortelyou Rd down to the Junction.

Elsewhere on the route, the B103 is really more of a local, it's just that in some places its stops are spaced further apart than your typical local.

The B103 LTD's current form makes more sense if you consider that it descended from a private company's express route.

Like Amtrak 7 said, it's a LTD with no corresponding local and it has a non-stop portion; Northbound between Church Av & E 7th St and 3rd Av & State St, and Southbound from 4th Av & Dean St to McDonald Av & Caton Av.

Also, part of the B103 really does run Limited, on from Cortelyou Rd down to the Junction.

Elsewhere on the route, the B103 is really more of a local, it's just that in some places its stops are spaced further apart than your typical local.

The B103 LTD's current form makes more sense if you consider that it descended from a private company's express route.

Not to get off topic but should not the (B103) be renumbered to a lower series? Say for instance the "B30"?:eek:

• 1 month later...

(Correct me if I'm wrong)Before it was MTA, you could only board Canarsie buses at Downtown Brooklyn and the Junction and get off Downtown bound buses at the Junction and then Downtown Bklyn.. Now you can get on and off at any stop.

The LTD exempts it from the request-a-stop program after 10pm..

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Before it was MTA, you could only board Canarsie buses at Downtown Brooklyn and the Junction and get off Downtown bound buses at the Junction and then Downtown Bklyn...

good question....

I honestly don't remember the B103 having a closed door policy.....

I've mentioned this before, yes the (B103) had a closed-door policy. Brokecrazy remembers it correctly...

Canarsie bound buses - boarding allowed in Downtown Bklyn, before it got on the highway. I'm not so sure about boarding at the Junction, because I never boarded a bus towards that way until it became the (MTA).

Downtown bound buses - boarding allowed between Canarsie and Church Av/East 5th St (before it got on the highway).

I've mentioned this before, yes the (B103) had a closed-door policy. Brokecrazy remembers it correctly...

Canarsie bound buses - boarding allowed in Downtown Bklyn, before it got on the highway. I'm not so sure about boarding at the Junction, because I never boarded a bus towards that way until it became the (MTA).

Downtown bound buses - boarding allowed between Canarsie and Church Av/East 5th St (before it got on the highway).

Yeh, that's a tricky one. I believe that the B103 (Command bus) did only DROPOFFS at the junction. VERY rarely about pickups from Junction to Canarise and vice versa (downtown). BUT the other 2 mentioned are correct. I do remeber frequently boarding the 103 from East 5th from taking the BM3.

I rode the 103 from my old Project in Canarsie (E108) to the Junction in Command days when the (L) was always out for construction during the CBTC construction. At the Junction, it was DROP OFFs only in the AM. A few would try to get on but were turned away. The 103 used nothing but CNG RTS in those day. *Pigeon crow*. Idk how 103 works now. I kinda miss the soft comfy seats on the Command RTS so it may sound dumb but the hard plastic seats of MTA bus is the only thing that held me reriding it. (and the fact I don't live in Canarsie anymore.)

I rode the 103 from my old Project in Canarsie (E108) to the Junction in Command days when the (L) was always out for construction during the CBTC construction. At the Junction, it was DROP OFFs only in the AM. A few would try to get on but were turned away. The 103 used nothing but CNG RTS in those day. *Pigeon crow*. Idk how 103 works now. I kinda miss the soft comfy seats on the Command RTS so it may sound dumb but the hard plastic seats of MTA bus is the only thing that held me reriding it. (and the fact I don't live in Canarsie anymore.)

The (B103) is just like every other LTD

I think the 7000s or ex-TBC ones should have the soft seats as well as a few of the 700s or SC's buses. Otherwise it is hit or miss on getting the O5s with the soft seats.

Though personally, I hate the 2-seaters. The armrest locks you in and it is as bad as riding an M7 2-seater. A 2x1 seating is best. The suburban seats the RTSs had were much more comfortable.

=

As for if they should renumber the line: while I do agree there's no need, but it is very strange it is B100 and B103. What happened to the 'B101' and 'B102'? It's like Command picked those numbers out of nowhere.

=

As for the last stop, I rode the B103 once to the stop before the one on Tillary St. I didn't think it was mandatory to get off, but it seemed like everyone got off there and I didn't know the exact location of the stop so I just followed them off.

I may not like the hysh--s, but I do like the ride much better than the CNG O5s. So, sure soft seats is great, but I do prefer a smoother ride. So I would actually pick the hybrid over the CNG O5 if I see one heading my way.

The only part of the B103 that has a local counterpart are the following:

1.3/4 Avenues (non existence);B37(ELIMINATED)

2. Avenue H /Glenwood Road; B6 (Parallel between E. 80 STREET and Avenue H/ Flatbush Avenue).

The Express version of the B103:

BM2*: Between Canarsie and Cortelyou Road/ Coney Island Avenue (to Midtown/Downtown)

* Service Also available on the BM1/BM3/BM4 between Cortelyou Road/Ocean Avenue and Church Avenue/ Ocean Pkwy

The only part of the B103 that has a local counterpart are the following:

1.3/4 Avenues (non existence);B37(ELIMINATED)

2. Avenue H /Glenwood Road; B6 (Parallel between E. 80 STREET and Avenue H/ Flatbush Avenue).

The Express version of the B103:

BM2*: Between Canarsie and Cortelyou Road/ Coney Island Avenue (to Midtown/Downtown)

* Service Also available on the BM1/BM3/BM4 between Cortelyou Road/Ocean Avenue and Church Avenue/ Ocean Pkwy

so what B103 doesn't need local counterpart ppl DO NOT WANT extra stops use B6 for canarsie to flatbush beyond plz if local service was needed B23 wouldn't have got axed. Ohh and 3rd and 4th ave it's underground and very fast it's called the (R) you ppl should have thought about that before not using B37 it carried air no one used it. Do what everybody else does use the (R)

so what B103 doesn't need local counterpart ppl DO NOT WANT extra stops use B6 for canarsie to flatbush beyond plz if local service was needed B23 wouldn't have got axed. Ohh and 3rd and 4th ave it's underground and very fast it's called the (R) you ppl should have thought about that before not using B37 it carried air no one used it. Do what everybody else does use the (R)

Oh jeez...

Its rerally not that serious...

As for the last stop, I rode the B103 once to the stop before the one on Tillary St. I didn't think it was mandatory to get off, but it seemed like everyone got off there and I didn't know the exact location of the stop so I just followed them off.

The Borough Hall stop on the cadman plz. bound side... lol...

here's what it is bro.... of B103 riders seeking the subway that disembark @ Boro Hall:

- the ppl. you see gettin off on the joralemon st side (opposite the municipal bldg), are those seeking IRT service....

- the ppl. you see gettin off on the cadman plz w. bound side, are seeking the (R).....

.....and as for whatever workers/students there are on the B103, would have already gotten off at the joralemon st stop... (this, along w/ the above, is why you see w/e leftover pax on the 103, after having served livingston st, get off on joralemon st moreso than the cadman plz w. stop).....

Considering those points, this is why you seldom see anyone gettin off at tillary st itself....

It's not so much about being mandatory.... b/c I took the 103 to the last stop, to catch the 38 (which also terminates on tillary, and was right there, so I got lucky that day)

so what B103 doesn't need local counterpart ppl DO NOT WANT extra stops use B6 for canarsie to flatbush beyond plz if local service was needed B23 wouldn't have got axed.

Ohh and 3rd and 4th ave it's underground and very fast it's called the (R) you ppl should have thought about that before not using B37 it carried air no one used it. Do what everybody else does use the (R)

Although I don't think Q23 was suggesting that there'd be a local B103 counterpart.....

I... actually... agree with this.

• 8 years later...