Kingsbridge Has to Be the the Depot....

I Run Trains

Kingsbridge Has to Be the Depot with the most beat up and raggady ass buses. I was on the Bx13 and the bus was blowing hot air, it was making a lot of noise and it was hella slow... the only time it seemed to go fast was down then Ogden Ave Hill on 162. I really see why DOB complains. The buses I take regular from this Depot are Bx1/2, Bx3, Bx7, Bx10 Bx13, and the Bx41 and 9 time outta 10 the buses are nasty stink and loud.

Why do Kingsbridge get the crappy buses? You would figure since it serves probably the nicest section of the Bx (Riverdale) it would get something nice...

Of NYCT, yes I agree, but if you include all the depots, they are fighting with La Guardia for the top spot. LGA just has an advantage because they have hybrids.

Yeah LaG is crappy too, but like you said they have new buses so they are out of the overall MTA Running so Kingsbridge gets it ands down!

LOL at both of your posts. I told you. Today when I went to pick, we spoke about this, while a union rep was there. They said after the heat wave, they had like 20 drivers standing around, due to alot of buses being down and out for the count. They had nothing to give them. The 400 series I drove in the heat wave, were horrible. Myself and the customers just sweated. Only the 6000s, and the artics are any good during a heatwave. Artics are dedicated to certain lines, they go down and out for the count after a heat wave (overheating), the 6000s usually hold up, but for the 40ft lines.......We mainly got STI, and WF crap. 400-600series buses, suck 3 hippos a$$. That is why an artic was on the Bx7 yesterday. Lack of 40fters, due to them overheating. It's very depressing to know this is all we have to drive. The artics are garbage too. We have 5600 and 5700 Level II that ride crappy, and are extremely slow. We even have some bad 6000s. But the 6000s are the best we got. We can't make service, MTA has to realize, we have an unfair amount of old junk, and mechanics only can keep a piece of sh!t running, for so long. Shondrae, I though the same thing. We serve Riverdale, why no new buses. Guess the residents there don't have much clout after-all.........

As to why KB gets the garbage no one else wants? We are all waiting for an answer for that. The depot union is fed up with it just as much. But the more buses that break down destroying service, maybe the faster MTA will buy replacement buses.....Maybe.......

This is why I rarely do busfanning in the Bx and avoid Kingsbridge lines.

Hey.. I got an answer for that.... stay on he East side of 3rd ave because all the Kingsbridge Buses are on the west side of 3ave. Gun Hill and West Farms have Most of the Crosstown and eastside routes

LOL! Nothing against ya.

I got to meet you one day though and see if you live up to the way you say you drive artics.

Rarely drove artics since March. I work the M100, which is a 40ft line now. I have drove artics on this line about 6 times. I drove them last pick on the Bx41, and prior to that on the Bx19 when I was in the Farms. On the 29th, I will be on the Bx7. An artic will show up there only when there is an emergency 40ft bus shortage.......

Yeah. I would like to Meet DOB too... he's out of kingsbridge and there are a lot of KB route where I live. You have to be on one of them

Working the M100 this pick which ends this month on the 29th. Then I will be on the Bx7. Run number will be !(........

Rarely drove artics since March. I work the M100, which is a 40ft line now. I have drove artics on this line about 6 times. I drove them last pick on the Bx41, and prior to that on the Bx19 when I was in the Farms. On the 29th, I will be on the Bx7. An artic will show up there only when there is an emergency 40ft bus shortage.......

Ah ok. cool enough.

KB doesn't need new buses, they need new mechanics. 5506 is one of the many artics that sound horrible with the screeching belts and the vacuumish sound, it's been like that for over 3 years! It's only getting more tired and the screeching sound is even more annoying and now it's high pitched. Atleast I can name some fast Gun Hill buses, but from KB, I can count all of the fast ones I've been on with a single hand (excluding 6000s)... Gun Hill also did something about the screeching belts on alot of thier buses, my only gripe for them is the interior at the back seats... Eww!

When KB gets those Hybrids from Bp One month later They will look like a peice of crap.

Since when is KB getting Hybrids from BP?! This really can't be true, I mean I hope it is.

Orion: It's not the mechanics faults that the depot keeps getting buses on their last leg. GH's artics are far worse then the KB ones to me. And the 400-600 series for the most part can't be fixed by any depot (severe rusting and damage done in SI).

Someone at the depot really needs to push for some hybrids, buses that don't suck.

Wow is it really that bad up there? :confused:

I took pics, of an Orion V with rust holes. I was going to take a pics of one with rust holes through the frame (rusted through sheets of the metal), but the driver pulled off to quick.........

Since when is KB getting Hybrids from BP?! This really can't be true, I mean I hope it is.

Orion: It's not the mechanics faults that the depot keeps getting buses on their last leg. GH's artics are far worse then the KB ones to me. And the 400-600 series for the most part can't be fixed by any depot (severe rusting and damage done in SI).

Someone at the depot really needs to push for some hybrids, buses that don't suck.

Overall KB is the worst now. As for the artics, Gun Hill and KB are going for the spot of who has the sh!ttiest ones........

KB doesn't need new buses, they need new mechanics. 5506 is one of the many artics that sound horrible with the screeching belts and the vacuumish sound, it's been like that for over 3 years! It's only getting more tired and the screeching sound is even more annoying and now it's high pitched. Atleast I can name some fast Gun Hill buses, but from KB, I can count all of the fast ones I've been on with a single hand (excluding 6000s)... Gun Hill also did something about the screeching belts on alot of thier buses, my only gripe for them is the interior at the back seats... Eww!

That is the main reason why I went to 40ft lines. I got tired of driving tired ass buses. It is hard to merge into traffic with a vehicle that can be outrun by a farm tractor. The artics do stank, and the interior is absolutely horrific. The cloth on the walls look like the back seats. Old, worn, never cleaned, etc.....The interior seats and cloth covered walls of buses that had ash in them on 9/11, look better than our buses do.........

Today M100 operators had to fuel up their buses if they were pulling in. We had to fuel up at 126st depot. Bx7 operators had to fuel up at Amsterdam depot. Their was a power outage, but what is crazy only some of the light went out in the depot. The fridge in the swing room was out, but the lights were on. The light in the elevator was out, but the elevator was working. Some of the lights were on near the lifts, and they were digging up the floor area around the lifts.....Our depot is as raggedy as our equipment.......

Today M100 operators had to fuel up their buses if they were pulling in. We had to fuel up at 126st depot. Bx7 operators had to fuel up at Amsterdam depot. Their was a power outage, but what is crazy only some of the light went out in the depot. The fridge in the swing room was out, but the lights were on. The light in the elevator was out, but the elevator was working. Some of the lights were on near the lifts, and they were digging up the floor area around the lifts.....Our depot is as raggedy as our equipment.......

It's time for a re-build or re-hab, but that wont happen within the next 10 years.

Archived