Listen To These Sick Occupy Wall Street Protesters

R68 Subway Car

BTW to the OP. The responses to this thread are not what you were hoping for, are they? Well we're just Americans, voicing our opinions like the Bill of Rights and Constitution allow. Just like the protesters are doing.

You are right about that - he was looking for conformist and party line diatribe, a la Ahmadinejad, a la china (putting "people's republic of" in front of something makes it no more for the people than putting "federal" in the name of a private bank).

I'm glad people here realize Americans have a right to voice their opinions and that opinions such as this one, however seemingly disorganized, are not without merit and are long overdue.

tumblr_ls916tUotE1qeawdho1_500.jpg

One of my absolute favorite Carlin routines even though it's not a comedy routine. He was completely spot on, and his line of work allowed him to speak like this and have an audience. It's a shame he's no longer with us - that's one less informed citizen out there capable of making up his own mind based on an understanding of the facts.

100%, absolutely true.

The famous Ben and Jerry's also released this statement on their website a while ago:

We, the Ben & Jerry’s Board of Directors, compelled by our personal convictions and our Company’s mission and values, wish to express our deepest admiration to all of you who have initiated the non-violent Occupy Wall Street Movement and to those around the country who have joined in solidarity. The issues raised are of fundamental importance to all of us. These include:

The inequity that exists between classes in our country is simply immoral.

We are in an unemployment crisis. Almost 14 million people are unemployed. Nearly 20% of African American men are unemployed. Over 25% of our nation’s youth are unemployed.

Many workers who have jobs have to work 2 or 3 of them just to scrape by.

Higher education is almost impossible to obtain without going deeply in debt.

Corporations are permitted to spend unlimited resources to influence elections while stockpiling a trillion dollars rather than hiring people.

We know the media will either ignore you or frame the issue as to who may be getting pepper sprayed rather than addressing the despair and hardships borne by so many, or accurately conveying what this movement is about. All this goes on while corporate profits continue to soar and millionaires whine about paying a bit more in taxes. And we have not even mentioned the environment.

We know that words are relatively easy but we wanted to act quickly to demonstrate our support. As a board and as a company we have actively been involved with these issues for years but your efforts have put them out front in a way we have not been able to do. We have provided support to citizens’ efforts to rein in corporate money in politics, we pay a livable wage to our employees, we directly support family farms and we are working to source fairly traded ingredients for all our products. But we realize that Occupy Wall Street is calling for systemic change. We support this call to action and are honored to join you in this call to take back our nation and democracy.

— Ben & Jerry’s Board of Directors

Yeah I just got back from the Washington Square protest today, I'm gonna try to start going to more of these. I like what I see, this is exactly what our left needs: young, Liberal people who will make their voices heard nonviolently. I think calling this a Liberal Tea Party isn't even that wrong, it's almost the equivalent, only it stands for the exact opposite of every Tea Party policy -- hopefully it'll be as successful as those Teabaggers though...

IG-NOR-ANT.

1) Movements like these? So if a bunch of Teabaggers gather and spew hatred (and statistically, they are racist people) it's cool, but if Liberals gather it's the beginning of a Communist dictator?

2) Oh for the love of god. Did you read my first post? Take the elephant-shaped bullhorn out of your ear and listen to some actual reporting, or, BETTER YET, go for yourself. An anti-semitic (it's an "I", champ) movement? You just indirectly compared them to Nazis? The f><k are you smoking?

you the ignorant one

For the record Ive been to tea party gatherings on Long Island years ago when it first came out, and there was nothing wrong there, just a buncha people opposing excessive spending, and the health care debacle.

secondly I said there appears to be, based on the video that 'R68' posted, does it mean there is, I have no idea. I am just saying based on teh video, that IF this is what they stand for, then I cant get behind it. and for you, next time I am in Manhattan, which is quite the schlep from Long Island I will take a detour down there and see for myself what theyre actually about. I doubt you would give the same courtesy to the tea party.

thirdly I dont smoke ;)

And all you railfans, if you want American-built subway trains again I suggest you hop on the bandwagon and call for REAL change!!
Maybe we would still have American made trains if the MTA did not force the St. Louis Car Company to build a subway car loaded with untested and unproven technology.

And all you railfans, if you want American-built subway trains again I suggest you hop on the bandwagon and call for REAL change!!

Instead of bitching about the equipment we have now...

The Bombardier and Kawasaki plants in the U.S built half of the New fleet, but I guess that not American for you.

F""K American-built subway trains we need subway expansion from Bronx to Queens and get the sec ave subway built already .

Archived